✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Moving to Mars directed by Mat Whitecross

Guppywarlord

This has been brought up once or twice but never got much attention:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1301310/

It's the title of a movie directed by none other than Mat Whitecross, director of a handful of Coldplay's music videos including the recent Christmas Lights. Here's the description of the film:

Moving to Mars charts the epic journey made by two Burmese families from a vast refugee camp on the Thai/Burma border to their new homes in the UK. At times hilarious, at times emotional, their travels provide a fascinating and unique insight not only into the effects of migration, but also into one of the most important current political crises - Burma.

So do you think the song was inspired by the film? There has to be a link, the coincidence is just too weird.

I think it's a very good possibility that the movie and song tie in together somehow--the video is following a family of refugees, and based on the lyrics, I think Moving to Mars seems to be about refugees also. . . Maybe war refugees?

It'll be interesting to see if these things tie together eventually . . .

i definitely agree with this. in this case Burma=Earth & the UK=Mars, and because of all the political strife in their country they're being torn from it...altho i'm sure most of you didn't need me to oversimplify that for you lol:lol::D

• 2 months later...

You're all right!

From Facebook:

About an hour ago

Coldplay's Message from their page:

Do have a look at the website for Mat Whitecross' beautiful documentary about two Burmese families fleeing to England (it's the original inspiration for the Coldplay song of the same name). http://www.movingtomarsfilm.com/

It confirms what everyone is thinking.