✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

I just had a minor heart attack

Megalomania

As some of you know, I have a fish tank in my room with a betta in it. Better are also called Siamese fighting fish (for a reason, as I just found out).

So. I went up to the tank and my betta was near the small opening in the cover where you put food in. I looked at him and stuck my head right over the tank, and his eyes followed me up until he was vertical and looking right at me. It was kind of cute so I made a :blush: face and right as I did that he jumped clear out of the water and at my nose, and I screamed "OHSHIT" and jumped back a few feet. It seriously scared the crap out of me to see this 2 and 1/2 inch fish jump out of the water, haha. :lol:

Don't know why I made a thread about it, but trust me it was funny. :awesome:

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah I love my betta, only had him a month though. He's currently in his own tank with a snail, but I'm getting another betta tomorrow (I divided the tank).

He really is funny, he's such a spaz. :lol:

Hell, better are easier to take care of than guppies! :sweatdrop:

You should get one now! :P

Seriously, they're easy to take care of. I only do one 50% water change and one 10% a week, takes all of 30 minutes. :awesome:

You can get a smaller tank too like a 2.5 or 5 gallon tank, which makes it good for something in your room even.

Sorry Alexa. D:

Lore, I don't want this being a habit!! :lol: although I held my finger above him (standing far away of course) and he did it again! :o

Awesome a fish that can kiss or possibly bite your fingers and it has a personality: epic fish win :awesome:

Aw that's great. What color is he? I miss my bettas. I had my first one for 2-3yrs.. and the last one for 4yrs. In the beginning, I had them in a divided tank also. But it wasn't enough space for 2 bettas... So I just put them in seperate tanks.... Maybe I'll get a new one this summer haha :D

Aw that's great. What color is he? I miss my betta. I had it for about four years. In the beginning, I had them in a divided tank also. But it wasn't enough space for 2 bettas... So I just put them in seperate tanks.... Maybe I'll get a new one this summer haha :D

Hmmm. He's hard to describe haha. He's basically a blue crowntail, and his blue is a royal blue. His head is the color of rust. The base of his fins is a deep red. His tail is a turquoise, aqua, green + blue color. :3

Wow, 4 years? That's incredible! :o

:uhoh: I hope mine works out! I think he's a bit spoiled from having a big tank to himself, haha.

Do eht. :awesome:

Hmmm. He's hard to describe haha. He's basically a blue crowntail, and his blue is a royal blue. His head is the color of rust. The base of his fins is a deep red. His tail is a turquoise, aqua, green + blue color. :3

Wow, 4 years? That's incredible! :o

:uhoh: I hope mine works out! I think he's a bit spoiled from having a big tank to himself, haha.

Do eht. :awesome:

Wow a lot of colors! I'd love to see a picture of him. ;)

Yeah she was always active and happy.. I think the important thing is to let the tank cool off after you change the water in the tank... because i think i didn't let the tank cool off long enough, so that's how my first fish got sick and died.

Haha, he's gonna have a happy life with a huge tank like that! ;)