✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Radiohead

I just got into Radiohead, I mean I've known them for years and have listened to some of their songs but by chance only. I'm loving "The King of Limbs". Where would the album be if you were to rank their discography?

Most would put it pretty low. Probably 5th, 4th best at the highest. The usual favorites are OK Computer, Kid A, and In Rainbows...though most fans drool over every album sans Pablo Honey.

I just got into Radiohead, I mean I've known them for years and have listened to some of their songs but by chance only. I'm loving "The King of Limbs". Where would the album be if you were to rank their discography?

It was the album that got me into Radiohead, thus I really like it

But for me it's impossible to rank their albums, my favourite is always the one I listened to most recently :lol:

I gave a couple of listens to "Amnesiac" and "OK Computer". There are songs that I like, sure, but I still incline toward "TKOL". I shouldn't have listened to that album first :bomb:

Is it okay if my favourite song off TKOL is "Lotus Flower"? Or is it too obvious, should I search deeper?

Wait did they use Electric Conterpoint as the intro music in Taipei? :surprised: :thinking:

Not the introduction for Electric Counterpoint specifically, but Steve Reich, a minimalist composer (I've started a thread on him but no one's arrived!), is heavily admired by Jonny (and probably the others but especially Jon-Jon), and Reich uses that kind of ripples-of-water intro in each of his pieces.

Jonny's played Electric Counterpoint too by himself at a festival, and met Reich there too.

Not the introduction for Electric Counterpoint specifically, but Steve Reich, a minimalist composer (I've started a thread on him but no one's arrived!), is heavily admired by Jonny (and probably the others but especially Jon-Jon), and Reich uses that kind of ripples-of-water intro in each of his pieces.

Jonny's played Electric Counterpoint too by himself at a festival, and met Reich there too.

Yeah, I've seen that performance, it's amazing!

And thanks for clarifying. It sounded like Electric Counterpoint to me, but with different chord progression so I was confused.

Yeah, I've seen that performance, it's amazing!

And thanks for clarifying. It sounded like Electric Counterpoint to me, but with different chord progression so I was confused.

Yeah, it was amazing. Apparently even Reich was impressed with how Jonny pulled it off.

I have this dream that I'm just in the middle of Trafalgar Square and I begin to play Electric Counterpoint with the machine-sequencer thing, and everyone is like :shocked2:, and I'm just like :dozey: while playing it.

So.....Yeah....Go to my steve Reich thread!