✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Radiohead

Steve Reich Shares Details on Radiohead Piece

Scheduled to premiere March 2013 in London

What if I took these songs, "Everything in its Right Place" and "Jigsaw Falling into Place", and used some of the harmonies, some of the bass lines, some of the melodic material, but going my own way with it, using that material as a starting point, a stimulus. Sure enough, it worked. You know, you go where the energy is.

http://pitchfork.com/news/47077-steve-reich-shares-details-on-radiohead-piece/

i was right
smart Eddie is smart

Steve Reich Shares Details on Radiohead Piece

Scheduled to premiere March 2013 in London

What if I took these songs, "Everything in its Right Place" and "Jigsaw Falling into Place", and used some of the harmonies, some of the bass lines, some of the melodic material, but going my own way with it, using that material as a starting point, a stimulus. Sure enough, it worked. You know, you go where the energy is.

http://pitchfork.com/news/47077-steve-reich-shares-details-on-radiohead-piece/

Awesome. Since it will just be in London, I'm hoping for a nice recording of it. I'm especially looking forward to the Jigsaw piece. EIIRP is overrated. *braces for thrown stones*

So I was at the Villa Manin today, the place where Nina and I are supposed to see Radiohead live in September. And ironically, just when I arrived there, Princess of China started playing on the radio. I don't know, but I found that funny. :lol:

Only seven days to the Lisbon concert!! Finally!

I'm guessing they will play these songs:

- Bloom

- There There

- Kid A

- Morning Mr.Magpie

- The Gloaming

- Separator

- I Might Be Wrong

- Staircase

- Pyramid Song

- Climbing up the Walls

- Nude

- Lotus Flower

- Paranoid Android

- Feral

- Little by Little

- Idioteque

- How to Dissapear Completely

- The Daily Mail

- Myxomatosis

- Reckoner

- All I Need

- Street Spirit

- Everything in Its Right Place

What do you think?

Only seven days to the Lisbon concert!! Finally!

I'm guessing they will play these songs:

- Bloom

- There There

- Kid A

- Morning Mr.Magpie

- The Gloaming

- Separator

- I Might Be Wrong

- Staircase

- Pyramid Song

- Climbing up the Walls

- Nude

- Lotus Flower

- Paranoid Android

- Feral

- Little by Little

- Idioteque

- How to Dissapear Completely

- The Daily Mail

- Myxomatosis

- Reckoner

- All I Need

- Street Spirit

- Everything in Its Right Place

What do you think?

If I saw 5/10 of the bolded songs live, I'd die a happy man.

hello my RH lovies, i have risen from my withdrawl and am back to the land of hoping to see them again, ok dont murder me, but I dont get the Jack white thing at all, I know he is the darling right now but i dont get him, ok continue to throw rocks at me if you disagree

hello my RH lovies, i have risen from my withdrawl and am back to the land of hoping to see them again, ok dont murder me, but I dont get the Jack white thing at all, I know he is the darling right now but i dont get him, ok continue to throw rocks at me if you disagree

never liked Jack White. I respect him as a musician but don't like his vocals or type of music.

Alright, so I bought OK Computer, and I enjoyed it! I think this album will grow on my as time goes by. It's not an album that you'll love instantly, but it's definitely a grower. That's a good thing, for me, at least! :nice:

Alright, so I bought OK Computer, and I enjoyed it! I think this album will grow on my as time goes by. It's not an album that you'll love instantly, but it's definitely a grower. That's a good thing, for me, at least! :nice:

Radiohead is no question a grower band. when I first heard songs by them I found them depressing and didn't like the band much. well look at me now! haha!

Same here!
As Eddie originally postulated, from the article there wasn't any collabo, Jack just let them use his studio.

I don't think Jack White is the most amazing musician, but he definitely gets props from me. Coincidentally enough, this weekend I watched It Might Get Loud on Palladia. I highly recommend it. It was very interesting to see how his style came about. (As a side note, I knew he came from Detroit but I didn't realize he grew up in the Mexicantown hood, that's great.) I also enjoyed Jimmy Page's backstory too. Anywho...

Even once you finally love Radiohead, new material still has to grow on you.

OK Computer is probably one of the more accessible albums to begin with, though.

Shredder, I'm glad you liked OK Computer! Once you've digested that, I highly recommend In Rainbows next.

In general, you'll find that your taste will likely change over time. My "Top 15" list is definitely different than it was a year ago! For example, when I first listened to OK Computer, I didn't really like Climbing Up The Walls. Now it is one of my favorite songs (spanning their entire career, not just from OK Computer).

Shredder, I'm glad you liked OK Computer! Once you've digested that, I highly recommend In Rainbows next.

I'm currently looking into The Bends, Kid A, and In Rainbows next, so yes, I'll definitely look into In Rainbows. :nod:

AxeFJsRCAAE3Ui7.jpg

Nothing from Kid A yet.

EDIT:

01. Lucky

02. Bloom

03. Morning Mr. Magpie

04. 15 Step

05. There There

06. Staircase

07. The Gloaming

08. Separator

09. I Might Be Wrong