✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Radiohead

Not sure, although I do remember reading an article where Yorke referred to them as "lifestyle" music, which naturally upset Chris Martin who made an analogy about coldplay being a little dog yapping excitedly at radiohead's heel's, and then being kicked.

BTW I just now finally downloaded "How I made my millions". I've adored the song for years, even learned most of it on piano, but it took me until now to get the actual song.

Not sure, although I do remember reading an article where Yorke referred to them as "lifestyle" music, which naturally upset Chris Martin who made an analogy about coldplay being a little dog yapping excitedly at radiohead's heel's, and then being kicked.

BTW I just now finally downloaded "How I made my millions". I've adored the song for years, even learned most of it on piano, but it took me until now to get the actual song.

good song. it'd be nice if during thom's solo set he pulls either this, or analyse, or fog or another piano/guitar only song.

^for sure they will! They've done it with every album since.. and by new I don't mean brand spanking new.. I mean look at in_rainbows... back catalog and it became their most successful album yet.

yeah. I wonder if they'll bring back any old songs like Follow Me Around, or Big Boots

In the long run, I'm glad I listened to the live In Rainbows songs. I got to hear songs develop, the album versions still sounded brand new when I first listened, and the album has with time become completely separate from the live versions. I really enjoyed getting that funny sort of peek into the process.

In the long run, I'm glad I listened to the live In Rainbows songs. I got to hear songs develop, the album versions still sounded brand new when I first listened, and the album has with time become completely separate from the live versions. I really enjoyed getting that funny sort of peek into the process.

yeah definitely. The only problem is when songs sound really different live than studio (ex. Videotape, Jigsaw, 4 Minute Warning)

Nope haha. I ended up being dissapointed with the final album version.

hmm... so then what kind of version were you expecting for the album?

also...

what did you think of the 2006 version after listening to the album?

What is your current favorite incarnation (From The Basement (Solo/Radiohead), 2006, etc)?

yeah definitely. The only problem is when songs sound really different live than studio (ex. Videotape, Jigsaw, 4 Minute Warning)

I love that part, actually. It's like two different songs. I guess the trick is to not get too attached to anything about the live versions, so that you can handle all the ways that the studio versions change. Otherwise you end up like Briggins there.

I love that part, actually. It's like two different songs. I guess the trick is to not get too attached to anything about the live versions, so that you can handle all the ways that the studio versions change. Otherwise you end up like Briggins there.

good point. Like for example certain songs I think of as different song titles. For example the 2006 version of Jigsaw I still consider "Open Pick", while the 2008 is Jigsaw. Or even better the 1997 style of Nude i consider to be "Big Ideas (Don't Get Any)", while the current one is nude

hmm... so then what kind of version were you expecting for the album?

also...

what did you think of the 2006 version after listening to the album?

What is your current favorite incarnation (From The Basement (Solo/Radiohead), 2006, etc)?

I don't know, something closer to the basement version I guess. Basically I liked the emotion in it....not a fan of the clicking sounds or whatever the heck it is on the album version.

I enjoyed teh full band version, but nothing ever caught me as much as from the basement.

I'm just a mess! Listening to the a non-album version before the album version ruined me!

Well I guess I also heard the old version of Nude. But they're completely different so I wasn't overly dissapointed or anything. Although I was secretly hopnig for an epic ending.

I'd feel bad to come in here with a new topic, because people seem to be interested in the current discussion. I shall sit in the corner silently until it seems I can speak my piece.

Thats funny, as you were posting I was working on a post about the 1997 version of Nude.