✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Radiohead

If they're coming to Exit I'm gonna be there! I can't miss it and yeah oh damn now I really really hope they do come to Novi Sad. Waaaaaaaaaaaaaa *dead* :dead: :drunk:

I'm not too keen on going to festivals just to see them but if they're really playing at Exit ... :wacko: :dance:

Wait, I'm already too excited about that. :uhoh:

If you're coming (if they are coming) maybe we could meet up :wacko:

And even if I don't get the tickets/don't get the permission to go I COULD HEAR THEM 'CAUSE EXIT IS HELD ON THE PETROVARADIN FORTRESS WHICH IS JUST ACROSS THE RIVER (Danube) AND I LIVE IN THE STREET WHICH IS THE RIVERSIDE!!!!!!!!! I literally just need to open my window! Well it's not like the sound quality is good but still... :D

Er... sorry for the excitement :wacko::D

I'd say the opposite :P

but we can't really compare.. different music, different times, different things happening in the world, etc

Yep. I don't think it's fair to any band to be compared to The Beatles. Unless I'll hear a Ben Kweller and think "gosh he sounds like Paul McCartney." In that case, it's fair. But I will admit, whenever I seep into a Beatles mood, I start to think that Radiohead's music is terribly bland compared to it.

And I live for Radiohead.

The Beatles basically summed up the 60s ie. they were the era-defining act. on the other hand i really dont think that the 90s and 00s will be remembered through radiohead's music. the beatles were very much a mainstream chart topping pop rock band on the other hand Radiohead are alternative in every way. the two bands have had very very different impact on music.

If you're coming (if they are coming) maybe we could meet up :wacko:
Yessssss :wacko: Will be going there with my friends I guess, but I could always find my way to the rail and meet ya there! :wacko: :D

And even if I don't get the tickets/don't get the permission to go I COULD HEAR THEM 'CAUSE EXIT IS HELD ON THE PETROVARADIN FORTRESS WHICH IS JUST ACROSS THE RIVER (Danube) AND I LIVE IN THE STREET WHICH IS THE RIVERSIDE!!!!!!!!! I literally just need to open my window! Well it's not like the sound quality is good but still... :D
Aaaaaaa! That's awesome! However, I'd turn into a bigcry smiley if I could hear them playing but not see them :bigcry: :bigcry: :bigcry: Is it possible to buy a one-day ticket? Couldn't find any information on that on the webpage .... just for 4 days (72 euros, right?)

Er... sorry for the excitement :wacko::D
Hahaha no problem .... INORITE?!? :wacky:

Is it possible to buy a one-day ticket? Couldn't find any information on that on the webpage .... just for 4 days (72 euros, right?)

It is possible but I don't know much about it, I never attended Exit before :D

If I hear any news about the one-day tickets or about Radiohead coming I will let you know. :)

Yep. I don't think it's fair to any band to be compared to The Beatles. Unless I'll hear a Ben Kweller and think "gosh he sounds like Paul McCartney." In that case, it's fair. But I will admit, whenever I seep into a Beatles mood, I start to think that Radiohead's music is terribly bland compared to it.

And I live for Radiohead.

I find them too simple, radiohead has by far more variety on their songs, you can't find them boring, instead the beatles were just too simple, they simply played the chords on the guitars with some solos and boom they change the world

To me like a lot have said you can't compare the Beatles and Radiohead What is funny is that they are my two favorite Bands (Beatles #1, Radiohead #2). I think that it's difficult to judge them because they are not just a different style and sound but they're also from a different era. I was going to say that the Beatles don't have as much experimental stuff as Radiohead, but I take that back and actually say the opposite. Yes perhaps The Beatles sound compared to today's music isn't anything extraordinary, but back then it was groundbreaking.

Put yourself into the shoes of people from that time and imagine what it must've been like to be used to hearing the standard 50's pop tunes, and then hearing only a few years later really experimental songs like Tomorrow Never Knows, Revolution 9, I'm Only Sleeping... songs that used tape loops, backwards guitar tracks, etc. and extraordinarily all done only on a 4-track recording station.

I still think of course that Radiohead have had a huge influence and have also been very experimental as well, and also taking past ideas (backwards tape/singing for Like Spinning Plates).

They are both my two favorite bands and I can't compare them because they're different and they are both such important musicians to the world of music

Also I figured out what time I think they're going on tonite. I remember for the summer the went on around 8 or so. So I checked the atomic time and since I'm in NY, Mexico is 2 hours behind. So I figure the band will probably be going on in like 8 hours or so.

I'm gonna be on atease looking for the setlist so if you guys want I can post what they play song by song here, and then perhaps we can all discuss what songs we think will come next or if we are surprised or what not.

I find them too simple, radiohead has by far more variety on their songs, you can't find them boring, instead the beatles were just too simple, they simply played the chords on the guitars with some solos and boom they change the world

You forgot to say "but it's just my opinion" at the end :laugh3:

ED has finally made a post on DAS (i can't remember the last time he's done that:

FAC

Two days ago a historic meeting took place in Heaven (!) under Charing Cross railway station in London. A group of us Featured Artists, that’s anyone who has put a record out, gathered for the inaugural meeting of the Featured Artist Coalition (FAC). Traditionally in the music industry two groups have been shut out of any negotiations and rights/revenue carve ups … and that’s the artists and the fans. The formation of the FAC is all about changing this state of affairs … hopefully we can not only do artists justice but also the people who listen to our music. After all, in order to be a musician you have to be a music fan …… And first and foremost this is about trying to ensure that young bands and artists get a fair deal and are able to make a living in the digital era ….

I’m going to post up stuff about this because it’s an exciting time and also because there is going to be some seriously heavy PR aimed at us by the interested parties who might deem the FAC a threat …there’s a lot of fear out there in the biz….

Timing is everything and with a man like Barack Obama in the Whitehouse, it’s a moment to set up a really great and dare I say it noble organisation. That word is not often used these days, it seems a bit old-fashioned in our ironic, knowing times …. Well, too bad, I think it’s appropriate.

We are in Mexico city, our first show tonight…the last time we were here ‘my iron lung’ ep had just been released... it was 1994 …. We then head on down to Brasil, Argentina and Chile … I’ve waited years for this! ….. Un abrazo Edx

Ed

http://www.radiohead.com/deadairspace/

To me like a lot have said you can't compare the Beatles and Radiohead What is funny is that they are my two favorite Bands (Beatles #1, Radiohead #2). I think that it's difficult to judge them because they are not just a different style and sound but they're also from a different era. I was going to say that the Beatles don't have as much experimental stuff as Radiohead, but I take that back and actually say the opposite. Yes perhaps The Beatles sound compared to today's music isn't anything extraordinary, but back then it was groundbreaking.

Put yourself into the shoes of people from that time and imagine what it must've been like to be used to hearing the standard 50's pop tunes, and then hearing only a few years later really experimental songs like Tomorrow Never Knows, Revolution 9, I'm Only Sleeping... songs that used tape loops, backwards guitar tracks, etc. and extraordinarily all done only on a 4-track recording station.

I still think of course that Radiohead have had a huge influence and have also been very experimental as well, and also taking past ideas (backwards tape/singing for Like Spinning Plates).

They are both my two favorite bands and I can't compare them because they're different and they are both such important musicians to the world of music

I know that a few Radiohead songs have been influenced by Beatles songs. (Paranoid Android influenced by Happiness is a Warm Gun, Karma Police has a bit of Sexy Sadie). But I think it's stupid to compare them. They're are my top two bands as well. I think the Beatles are timeless, and I don't have to put myself in the shoes of someone back then. But I imagine it was even crazier to hear that kind of stuff back then (before the 60's were even over!). I think The Beatles are phenomenal even in this day. Uhhhh. I'm rambling. Whoops.

I know that a few Radiohead songs have been influenced by Beatles songs. (Paranoid Android influenced by Happiness is a Warm Gun, Karma Police has a bit of Sexy Sadie). But I think it's stupid to compare them. They're are my top two bands as well. I think the Beatles are timeless, and I don't have to put myself in the shoes of someone back then. But I imagine it was even crazier to hear that kind of stuff back then (before the 60's were even over!). I think The Beatles are phenomenal even in this day. Uhhhh. I'm rambling. Whoops.

yeah i see what you mean. The thing that really blows me away is that all their music was released/recorded in a span on like 6 years (1963-1969). I mean if you take a listen from their earliest material to their last, it's really amazing to see how much they were able to grow over such a short period of time. I mean 13 albums in the span of 6 years... that's just unbelievable.