🌙 COLDPLAY ANNOUNCE MOON MUSIC OUT OCTOBER 4TH 🎵

Radiohead

Moth - Burial + Four Tet is one loop for 9 minutes, and in my opinion it's one of the best songs ever made.

I guess for me it's all about sounding good and not trying to be perfect. That song is so relaxing, even sexy, and even though the female vocal parts are short, I'm always very appreciative of female vocals in electronic music.

^Mike would agree with me on this one:

Yes... IMO it's the best performance of that song

I didn't say I knew when; had to break up the conversation a bit and hopefully make one person poo their pants.

:tongue:

I can be evil sometimes

:|

well I needed to change my underwear because of you :lol:

:|

Mike sometimes I wonder if you'd disagree on people disliking a recoding of Thom farting :|

:lol:

well you just so happen to pick the two performances of TNA I enjoy the most. I actually really dislike the live album I Might Be Wrong version of it a lot. Doesn't have that same drive

Thom's vocals in glastonbury 2003 were outrageous, but the crowd and the musical performance make up for it. I actually love the performance of TNA in glasto 2003. The only thing I miss from the album versions is the effect on thom's vocals and the swarm like hornets.

It has nothing to do with it being electronic. It's more that I'm not a fan of things that, to me, sound overly repetitive, which "Kid A" is in many respects. That's what I was meaning by that bass line comment eariler; I really don't want to hear the same 4-bar line for 5 minutes straight. It's minimalistic in nature, particularly pertaining to lyrics (There are 19 different words total in "The National Anthem," if I recall correctly). While there are certain parts of minimalism I can learn to appreciate over time, it's something I've never been very keen on.

With that being said, there are things I do like about "Kid A." "Everything In Its Right Place" makes me feel very content when listening to it, "Idioteque" makes me wanna dance, and "Motion Picture Soundtrack" is gorgeous. :heart:

To be honest, I don't really think of albums that way, and I never have. I tend to judge them based on individual songs as opposed to how it works as a whole. I guess I've never really understood the point of doing that unless it was explicitly stated that it was a concept album of some sort. :shrug:

Anyway. Second paragraph. Different people have different opinions. I was actually quite disgusted with it at first listen, and I only decided to give it another shot after several of you guys insisted on it. While I'll gladly admit my first impression was more harsh than it should have been, it just doesn't reach me like the other albums do. I guess, in my own way of viewing it, I feel disconnected. I can't really explain what I mean by that in words. As far as their originality is concerned, I'll only agree in the sense that concepts they used were foreign to popular music before they did it. Contemporary classical composers have written stuff using similar methods for years, in the time before any of Radiohead's members were even born.

I really didn't mean for my comment to turn out into a debate, and I'm sincerely not trying to be mean when I say the things I say. I'm just trying to explain my thoughts in the best way I know how.

I think the point of making albums is collecting a bunch of good songs that work well together as a whole and individually, not only a compilation of good songs...

For sure, in fact Thom wrote some lyrics using Dadaism methods or something. Which is why some lyrics are so abstract (yesterday I woke up sucking a lemooon). Anyway as far as pop music concerns, the album is quite innovative...

What are you talking about? You're not disallowed from stating your opinions, and as far as I know this is just a discussion or an exchange of thoughts, not one of those wicked fights that are so common here.

Oh sorry for hurting your feelings. 90's band with a certain sound I dislike.

My heart is broken </3. You mean a band whose frontman wears sunglasses even if it's midnight and who firmly believes is the irish jesus?

1234567.png

As announced earlier, Radiohead are set to release a remix album. The album turns out to be a 2CD set and includes 19 tracks.

Radiohead have announced a set of 4 vinyl remix singles. Two of them have already been released, the other two are coming soon and you can probably expect 2 or 3 more. All of those remixes end up on ‘RADIOHEAD TKOL RMX’, out on September 16th. The album will debut in Japan three weeks ahead of release dates in other territories. CD2 includes remixes that have not been announced before, with interesting names including Jamie XX, SBTRKT, Modeselektor, Objekt, Anstam and Blawan.

Here’s the full tracklisting (thx TTBM)

Disc 1:

1. Caribou – Little By Little Rmx

2. Jacques Greene – Lotus Flower Rmx

3. Nathan Fake – Morning Mr Magpie Rmx

4. Harmonic 313 – Bloom Rmx

5. Mark Pritchard – Bloom Rmx

6. Lone – Feral Rmx

7. Pearson Sound – Morning Mr Magpie Scavenger Rmx

8. Four Tet – Separator Rmx

Disc 2:

1. Thriller – Give Up The Ghost Houseghost Rmx