✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

[23-Sept-2011] Coldplay @ iHeartRadio Music Festival, MGM Grand in Las Vegas

Brent

Looks like that gap of non-Coldplay in September is closing!

ClearChannel has announced that they will be having a two-day live streaming event, and Coldplay will be one of the headliners. A schedule has not been released yet. It's in Las Vegas at the MGM Grand.

I think this was JUST announced, so there's not many outlets reporting. But I found this, among others, and Coldplay are on the list: http://ohnotheydidnt.livejournal.com/60905375.html

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^ thanks for the info!

------------------

ihearthumb.png

EXCLUSIVE: Iheartradio Event Unveiled

As lady luck would have it we’ve been scouring the internet, our ninjas and sources to get the good word on what is happening with Iheartradio, Clearchannel and this big announcement on Monday morning at 8:15am by none other than Ryan Seacrest. Well here it is folks, as promised IHeartradio and ClearChannel are throwing the biggest concert of our current lifetime. It’s the Iheartradio Music Festival and it’s happening September 23-24th in Las Vegas, NV at the MGM Grand.

Here are the artists already playing:

Kenny Chesney, Rascall Flatts, Carrie Underwood, Kelly Clarkson, Lady GaGa, Coldplay, John Mayer, Jennifer Lopez, Black Eyed Peas, Alicia Keys, Niki Minaj, David Guetta, Bruno Mars, Usher

Iheartradio is also going to announce some major changes. You’ll still be able to listen to your favorite Clear Channel Radio Stations but you’ll also have a more Pandora like radio interface.

So now thanks to Thedroidguy, you don’t have to twist and turn all weekend wondering what IHeartradio is doing. Oh and tickets go on sale next Saturday at 10:00am

http://thedroidguy.com/2011/07/exclusive-iheartradio-event-unveiled/

They probably have two sets of the major equipment, in Arras the stage was completely set up with all the Coldplay lights, screens, lasers, circular visuals before we got in at noon (and hidden by a black curtain) and they'd been in Belgium the night before, which isn't a million miles away but far enough for there not to be enough time to get it all down at midnight the previous night and back up again by noon the next day.

Edit: Actually screw that I just looked up the distance between the two festivals and the driving time is only 2 hours :lol: It works for T in the Park and Oxegen though :P

Pretty easy for them to make the Atlanta festival. The flight would be about 5 hours and change non stop, and as Mich said, they most likely would have their main set already at Atlanta's festival, and MGM would have not so big of their set-up.

Arrrrg!!!!:thinking: Atlanta is an 8 hour drive, and it's a festival setting which I'm not into. Vegas is 6 hour flight, plus, hotel and car..............must investigate this more!!:\ It's my hubbys BD on the 22nd, so I must work on him, he already said that would be a great BD present:sneaky:

Arrrrg!!!!:thinking: Atlanta is an 8 hour drive, and it's a festival setting which I'm not into. Vegas is 6 hour flight, plus, hotel and car..............must investigate this more!!:\ It's my hubbys BD on the 22nd, so I must work on him, he already said that would be a great BD present:sneaky:

Tracey, I'll meet you in Vegas!

Confirmed on coldplay.com, too. Damn...I'm flying to Austin the week before. I don't know if I can do both :( Presale is open now, tix start at $289 for Friday only, ouch. But I could drive there and stay with my mother in law...

Confirmed on coldplay.com, too. Damn...I'm flying to Austin the week before. I don't know if I can do both :( Presale is open now, tix start at $289 for Friday only, ouch. But I could drive there and stay with my mother in law...

YOU blew my hopes away..... 289.00 a ticket??? Holy Cow, guess it's not happening then:( these are the bands for friday, and it means CP wil not be playing a full set, I would imagine:thinking:

DAY ONE FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 23, 2011 Doors @ 6:30 PM. Show @ 7:30 PM Featuring: Coldplay Carrie Underwood Bruno Mars Alicia Keys Black Eyed Peas Jane's Addiction John Mayer

See More

See Less

YOU blew my hopes away..... 289.00 a ticket??? Holy Cow, guess it's not happening then:( these are the bands for friday, and it means CP wil not be playing a full set, I would imagine:thinking:

DAY ONE FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 23, 2011 Doors @ 6:30 PM. Show @ 7:30 PM Featuring: Coldplay Carrie Underwood Bruno Mars Alicia Keys Black Eyed Peas Jane's Addiction John Mayer

See More

See Less

Tracey, every radio station that is clear channel is giving away tickets. You have been lucky before! And the $289 are the highest priced tux, there are $45 available, upper level behind the stage. No thanks!!! But yeah, $289 for one night is crazy.

I'm going and was really hoping to being on the floor but $289 for one ticket is too extreme. Still can't believe they are finally bringing a music festival to Vegas and my favorite band is headlining it :dazzled::dazzled:

So typical of Vegas for tickets to be that expensive, doesn't surprise me at all....

EDIT: Guess I should rephrase that. I meant it's typical for shows like this to come out to Vegas and be this expensive. It happens a lot. Regardless, I will probably still go.

I'm going and was really hoping to being on the floor but $289 for one ticket is too extreme. Still can't believe they are finally bringing a music festival to Vegas and my favorite band is headlining it :dazzled::dazzled:

I've decided not to go :(. Tix are expensive, and the show doesn't even start until 7:30. With the huge lineup, how long will Coldplay actually play? I'm thinking they may only play 5-6 songs, definitely not a full set. If I loved all the other bands, it might be worth it to me, but I don't...have a great time if you go :)

Thanks! I'm still gonna go because I live here but I won't have tickets close to the stage :cry: I am already seeing them in Chicago and Austin, so I really can't complain. The Vegas crowd isn't the best though.