✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

I THINK LP5 WILL BE CALLED 'MYLO XYLOTO'...

spike

Can't wait for the new LP. Have seen the band 3 times and everytime they just keep getting better and better :D!! All three concerts I've seen were in Philly (including the "USA Loves Coldplay" show. I still have my sign :P.

Fellow Philly resident! :D

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guys, my friend and I were talking. She said when a movie is about to be released, they register it with a strange name, but they change it after. The Fantastic Four is an example. Could it be happening with Mylo Xyloto???????

" Fantastic Four was shipped to theaters simply under the name 'Bug'."

:thinking:

I'm a member of PRS and (as a member) you can search their online database of registered songs. I typed in Chris Martin and looked at all the newly registered work under 'Christopher Anthony John Martin' and a song called 'Mylo Xyloto' was registered on 6th July 2011!!! The writers registered for the song are all of Coldplay and Brian Eno. Wither they actually call the album Mylo Xyloto or not or that might be the lead single (maybe released on October 10th because the first letters of each word being MX).

Hi Spike!

following your research!:P

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/music/news/a331546/coldplay-register-new-album-title-mylo-xyloto.html

Guys, my friend and I were talking. She said when a movie is about to be released, they register it with a strange name, but they change it after. The Fantastic Four is an example. Could it be happening with Mylo Xyloto???????

Thats what i said.

Maybe just a Placeholder.

Alien Radio is definitely on the guitar (sorry i was looking at the wrong guitar :D). I think the fact that it survived all these years and is now written on a guitar means that it is definitely a song title, NOT A LYRIC!

Well...we don't know for sure. Alien Radio could have become UFO or something. But maybe the lyric "Alien Radio" is used somewhere in the song, which is why it was originally the name, but it got changed.

However, I really hope Alien Radio is a song, because not only is it a great song title (in my opinion), but it would mean that UFO is a separate song, which means there are two space-themed songs possibly on the album. I love the whole space theme :laugh3:

If Mylo Xyloto is just a placeholder, why did they choose the words "Mylo Xyloto" when they could have chosen anything? I'm thinking that if it is indeed a placeholder, it's possible that "Mylo Xyloto" is somehow a shortened version of the REAL title...maybe...

If Mylo Xyloto is just a placeholder, why did they choose the words "Mylo Xyloto" when they could have chosen anything? I'm thinking that if it is indeed a placeholder, it's possible that "Mylo Xyloto" is somehow a shortened version of the REAL title...maybe...

Or its really a reference to that Mylo guy.

^ spike let us know If anything else appears

You mean on the PRS database? Will do :)

Funnily enough I decided today to check all the other members of Coldplay just on the off chance that they've registered one of the new songs before Chris. I found a new song title called 'Xandy' (through searching for the songs Will has registered) written by all members of Coldplay. It was registered on 13th October 2006 though, so it's already been left off VLVODAAHF.

Or its really a reference to that Mylo guy.

I'd like to believe that, but Debs said they had never heard of Mylo before. Not only did she say that, but she said "(or his swastika!)" like it would be absolutely ridiculous to have drawn inspiration from him.

There sure is a lot of pretty sold evidence (I thought) pointing towards Mylo though...maybe Debs is LYING :cry:

^ spike let us know If anything else appears

I made a huge list of all the new song titles I came across. I think it's on page 17 of this thread, there's about 30-40 new song titles there. Some go as far back as the Parachutes era.

EDIT : sorry it's on page 20.