✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

The Awesome Random Posting Thread

ColdplayingfromKansas

I don't follow (Romanian) politics at all, but my mom told me that the mayor of a city in Romania (maybe the capital city?) is a guy who can't read and he's arguing that the country should accommodate for people who can't read, because it's not their fault, they were 'born that way'

:thinking:

Absolutely ridiculous

Yes. I think he's offending his own people rather than defending them if this was his intention. He should be more concerned about policies reinforcing their educational system, no?

• Replies 62.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• MaxRide

• taameen**sparks**

• The Doctor

• Mrk

our politics are bad

like 'they should learn Dutch!' 'No you have to speak Frech!' 'Not if you don't talk Dutch' etc.

I always wonder how those German speaking Belgians must feel, probably like this: 'what about us? None talking German? :cry2:'

Isn't Dutch the primary language there, though? Are they only speaking English now? :wreck:

And I'm sorry... here we only have to learn English and people still can't speak it well :anxious:

EDIT: Ohhh, it's sorta divided between the nation. That must be insane. You have to learn at least 3 languages just to get around the country :wreck:

But it's also very nice, different cultures mixed together. And people who know more languages tend to be more intelligent :)

Yes. I think he's offending his own people rather than defending them if this was his intention. He should be more concerned about policies reinforcing their educational system, no?

Yes

He should learn how to read, if he's mayor you'd think he has more than enough money to make it happen

sigh

THE SH*T. MILAN ARE JUST A BUNCH OF W******

hahaha what

Isn't Dutch the primary language there, though? Are they only speaking English now? :wreck:

And I'm sorry... here we only have to learn English and people still can't speak it well :anxious:

EDIT: Ohhh, it's sorta divided between the nation. That must be insane. You have to learn at least 3 languages just to get around the country :wreck:

But it's also very nice, different cultures mixed together. And people who know more languages tend to be more intelligent :)

most people speak Dutch then French and I though something around 14 000 speaking German :thinking:

no they speak Dutch and French

you're right about the languages, fun that in a country so small so many diffrent languages are spoken :lol:

is it? are you more intelligent when you know many languages?

Yes

He should learn how to read, if he's mayor you'd think he has more than enough money to make it happen

sigh

hahaha what

oh, nothing.

It's just football (or soccer)

Ah, okay

Happy early birthday! :blush:

We had to learn about all of the French candidates in school (I had to research Marine Le Pen, bleh) and I was just curious who individual people voted for.

Aww :hug:

But I saw that quite a lot of people voted for Sarkozy, he was the second or third choice, I think. Why?

Yes, I'm afraid about what's gonna happen to us too. Decisions have to be made very carefully now, given the economic situation, and the candidates tried to distract us by bringing up stupid things that makes each other look bad. But I guess that's what politics is about...

I don't know

I'm really young

I'm gonna go play with my Barbies

I'm surprised you've been taught about the French candidates! Do you know about Jacques Cheminade ? He wanted to make us go on Mars :awesome: :lol: Oh, and Philippe Poutou ? You know, his name is a synonym of a kiss :lol:

Marine Le Pen has the same ideas as her dad (scary ideas :sick: ), but she looks better than him, and insults less, so that definitely helped her being more popular.

Well, yeah, quite a lot, but every time a president runs for his reelection, in France, he always comes in first at the first round. It's the first time a current president came in second position. He's that unpopular. Several reasons: he didn't do much good as a president (though he had to struggle with the economic crisis, so that didn't help him much, but it's the only reason of why his mandate failed), he's unpopular because he's quite...bling-bling as we say in France...you know, big rolex, holidays in a big yacht just when he got elected, diner in the fanciest restaurant to start his 5 years..he's also accused of having divided French people. That's true. And, he didn't behave or speak properly as a president, I think. That's detail but seriously sometimes it's quite shocking. We have a certain idea of how a president should behave, and he totally changed everything. He wanted to be a "super-president", (because he doesn't know how to delegate stuff, but of course he'd never admit that). Which is a very dangerous management behavior. He just paid it.

Funny, our politicians do the same! But I have to admit, maybe not as much as in the US. I was shocked by that video where it was told some candidate shouldn't be president because....HE SPEAKS FRENCH! (THE HORROR! :wreck: )

Our politicians prefer to invent debates & issues no one cares about, but for which they have solutions. Media buy it all the time. It's annoying.

most people speak Dutch then French and I though something around 14 000 speaking German :thinking:

no they speak Dutch and French

you're right about the languages, fun that in a country so small so many diffrent languages are spoken :lol:

is it? are you more intelligent when you know many languages?

My neighborhood has a population 5 times bigger than that :wreck:

But it is an official language and it's important that people recognize that and learn it.

Well, yeah, you exercise your brain a lot more than someone who only knows one language

Why do you write in green :surprised:

oh, nothing.

It's just football (or soccer)

I have no knowledge of sports

/stereotypical female :sad:

We can vote when we are 16 here in Brasil, wich means I can vote for the city's mayor this year :awesome:

Niiice :awesome:

Though I think 16 is quite young. But idk much about your country's demography so...:confused:

I'm surprised you've been taught about the French candidates! Do you know about Jacques Cheminade ? He wanted to make us go on Mars :awesome: :lol: Oh, and Philippe Poutou ? You know, his name is a synonym of a kiss :lol:

Marine Le Pen has the same ideas as her dad (scary ideas :sick: ), but she looks better than him, and insults less, so that definitely helped her being more popular.

Well, yeah, quite a lot, but every time a president runs for his reelection, in France, he always comes in first at the first round. It's the first time a current president came in second position. He's that unpopular. Several reasons: he didn't do much good as a president (though he had to struggle with the economic crisis, so that didn't help him much, but it's the only reason of why his mandate failed), he's unpopular because he's quite...bling-bling as we say in France...you know, big rolex, holidays in a big yacht just when he got elected, diner in the fanciest restaurant to start his 5 years..he's also accused of having divided French people. That's true. And, he didn't behave or speak properly as a president, I think. That's detail but seriously sometimes it's quite shocking. We have a certain idea of how a president should behave, and he totally changed everything. He wanted to be a "super-president", (because he doesn't know how to delegate stuff, but of course he'd never admit that). Which is a very dangerous management behavior. He just paid it.

Funny, our politicians do the same! But I have to admit, maybe not as much as in the US. I was shocked by that video where it was told some candidate shouldn't be president because....HE SPEAKS FRENCH! (THE HORROR! :wreck: )

Our politicians prefer to invent debates & issues no one cares about, but for which they have solutions. Media buy it all the time. It's annoying.

I know Philippe Poutou but not Jacques Cheminade. What? Mars? Is that a figure of speech or are you serious :surprised:

Yeah, I think she seems less racist. But I don't think anyone cared about her other political views, just the immigration stuff, because they are so desperate for jobs.

Oh wow, I didn't know that. :lol:

Seriously? Which candidate speaks French? That's so stupid. Only in America is it a conspiracy theory for someone to know more than one language...

If you had a good idea to improve the economy, you would show it off so people can see that and vote for you, which is what worries me, maybe nobody knows what to do :anxious:

I know Philippe Poutou but not Jacques Cheminade. What? Mars? Is that a figure of speech or are you serious :surprised:

Yeah, I think she seems less racist. But I don't think anyone cared about her other political views, just the immigration stuff, because they are so desperate for jobs.

Oh wow, I didn't know that. :lol:

Seriously? Which candidate speaks French? That's so stupid. Only in America is it a conspiracy theory for someone to know more than one language...

If you had a good idea to improve the economy, you would show it off so people can see that and vote for you, which is what worries me, maybe nobody knows what to do :anxious:

Nope, he was serious :| In his program (which has lots of ideas, of course), he said he wanted to industrialize space and conquer Mars. Needless to say he got 1.2% at the first round :| (though I was surprised he got that much).

You're right about Le Pen.

People need to find a culprit for their torment. So they blame bankers (they're right on some level, but often they generalize to ALL FUCKING BANKERS IN THE WORLD, AT EVERY LEVEL OF EVERY BANK which is stupid), European Union and, for Le Pen's people, strangers :|

I can't remember which one :|

Well, Dee you've seen the light :D Indeed, they don't know what to do.

The thing about economy is, most of the time, there's not one solution. Well, there is, but it depends where you'd like to go, and how you'd like to do it. Most of the time, politicians aren't entirely wrong, but they're not entirely right either, on both sides. Sometimes, you need a bit of both. But they won't admit that.

There's another side of the story, and it's even scarier. Some leaders of our world know what to do (because sometimes, at some hard moments, you don't have much choice). But it implies reconsidering their power, and that's a risk they're not willing to take.

Anyway :|

I kinda have to go now, see you guys, have a good night/day :nice:

And if you're in a country where you have the right to vote, then, please, do. My motto is: If you don't when you can, then don't complain.

Nope, he was serious :| In his program (which has lots of ideas, of course), he said he wanted to industrialize space and conquer Mars. Needless to say he got 1.2% at the first round :| (though I was surprised he got that much).

You're right about Le Pen.

People need to find a culprit for their torment. So they blame bankers (they're right on some level, but often they generalize to ALL FUCKING BANKERS IN THE WORLD, AT EVERY LEVEL OF EVERY BANK which is stupid), European Union and, for Le Pen's people, strangers :|

I can't remember which one :|

Well, Dee you've seen the light :D Indeed, they don't know what to do.

The thing about economy is, most of the time, there's not one solution. Well, there is, but it depends where you'd like to go, and how you'd like to do it. Most of the time, politicians aren't entirely wrong, but they're not entirely right either, on both sides. Sometimes, you need a bit of both. But they won't admit that.

There's another side of the story, and it's even scarier. Some leaders of our world know what to do (because sometimes, at some hard moments, you don't have much choice). But it implies reconsidering their power, and that's a risk they're not willing to take.

Anyway :|

I kinda have to go now, see you guys, have a good night/day :nice:

And if you're in a country where you have the right to vote, then, please, do. My motto is: If you don't when you can, then don't complain.

:lol:

How do you 'conquer' another planet

and what do you do with it

what's so great about Mars

I mean, there's some water, but it's all frozen

everything is cold :thinking:

Yeah. I mean I agree that lots of illegal immigration does no good for a country. But I can't imagine my life if I didn't move to America.

I mean,

well

my country isn't really bad,

but I bet if Marine Le Pen was born in a country in a civil war or one full of domestic violence or female infanticide, she would feel much differently about immigration.

Hm. It actually makes you sorta pity them (the people who 'know what to do') because I imagine it's much more difficult than it looks to give up a position of power. A lot of celebrities do stupid things so they can gain attention (and money) and they are things they wouldn't do at the beginning of their career.

Aww, good night Celien! :hug: