• Replies 62.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• MaxRide

• taameen**sparks**

• The Doctor

• Mrk

Well :| François Hollande is now the new president of France.

Not happy about it, but not sad. :|

YES OUR NEW PRESIDENT'S NAME IS THE FRENCH WORD FOR HOLLAND, GET OVER IT!

NO I'M SURROUNDED BY HOLLANDERS IN THE NORTH AND SOUTH

Who did you vote for

I didn't vote :bomb: : we're allowed to vote at 18 years old....I turn 18 on May 21st. :|

I would have been lost anyway: I didn't like our president much, but I don't really support left-wing politics (which François Hollande belongs to).

The thing is, Hollande didn't really win thanks to his ideas and everything. People hated Sarkozy, he was the least popular president we've ever had. Even extreme right didn't recommend to vote for Sarkozy.

I don't know if outside of France people are aware of that, but we've completely lost trust in our politicians. On TV people are happy or mad, but in reality most of French are just: "meh :|"

The campaign was a total joke, without any consideration for what people really care about. We're just scared about what's going to happen to us, because of the economic crisis and stuff. But we don't care about our politicians anymore.

Now listening to Politik. :|

The thing is, Hollande didn't really win thanks to his ideas and everything. People hated Sarkozy, he was the least popular president we've ever had. Even extreme right didn't recommend to vote for Sarkozy.

I don't know if outside of France people are aware of that, but we've completely lost trust in our politicians. On TV people are happy or mad, but in reality most of French are just: "meh :|"

The campaign was a total joke, without any consideration for what people really care about. We're just scared about what's going to happen to us, because of the economic crisis and stuff. But we don't care about our politicians anymore.

Well, they're still better than our poilticians (Berlusconi etc.)

I didn't vote :bomb: : we're allowed to vote at 18 years old....I turn 18 on May 21st. :|

I would have been lost anyway: I didn't like our president much, but I don't really support left-wing politics (which François Hollande belongs to).

Ah, okay

Happy early birthday! :blush:

We had to learn about all of the French candidates in school (I had to research Marine Le Pen, bleh) and I was just curious who individual people voted for.

Aww :hug:

But I saw that quite a lot of people voted for Sarkozy, he was the second or third choice, I think. Why?

Yes, I'm afraid about what's gonna happen to us too. Decisions have to be made very carefully now, given the economic situation, and the candidates tried to distract us by bringing up stupid things that makes each other look bad. But I guess that's what politics is about...

I don't know

I'm really young

I'm gonna go play with my Barbies

Well, they're still better than our poilticians (Berlusconi etc.)
Well, they're still better than ours

I don't follow (Romanian) politics at all, but my mom told me that the mayor of a city in Romania (maybe the capital city?) is a guy who can't read and he's arguing that the country should accommodate for people who can't read, because it's not their fault, they were 'born that way'

:thinking:

Absolutely ridiculous

I want to be proud of my country for once, just once... :disappointed:

our politics are bad

like 'they should learn Dutch!' 'No you have to speak Frech!' 'Not if you don't talk Dutch' etc.

I always wonder how those German speaking Belgians must feel, probably like this: 'what about us? None talking German? :cry2:'