✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Coldplay Covers by a Teenage Girl

Hope

I'm 15 years old so I'm not a professional but I would love feedback and advice so I can improve. Also I just like to cover the songs for fun because the originals are so beautiful :)

Postcards from far away (by ear) http://youtu.be/LeAKP_UkEtw

And The Scientist acoustic (this one is old) http://youtu.be/fUDlCD_vDXI

The Scientist w/ piano (I don't like this one very much, its the worst one.)

So if you have time or feel like I could really use the feedback and tips.

And sorry if this is in the wrong section of the message board, I'm a bit new here :)

hm.... you definitely need a better keyboard/piano/e-piano....

scientist is a difficult song, but you mastered it pretty good on the piano. honestly i didn't listen to the guitar version until the end because i did not like it and it was way too fast - so were all recordings.

i don't know for how long you've been playing these instruments but well ok, there is way to go but don't worry, you're young and on the best way, just continue and don't stop, then you'll be better real soon.

and please know, you're one of the better singers here on coldplaying that have posted something ;)

keep us posted with new things and how you develop

Hm....the Scientist on guitar.....oddly enough I never thought of that :confused:

And an idea struck me! :idea3: the key in which you sang the Scienist on piano vaguely sounds like one of Rihanna's songs....if you can some how tie that song with the Scientist, you'll have an awesome mix-up cover :P

Great job with the covers. The only words of help i can offer is this: Sing with emotion and passion!

Welcome to Coldplaying :P

I listened to the acoustic version you made of The Scientist, and I thought you did quite well at it! :) The beginning was unique, I thought I was listening to Pink Floyd's Wish You Were Here, but then you switched a few chords around and played the Scientist quite admirably. You have a Colbie Calliat quality to your singing and to your voice, quite nice to listen to you! Keep on singing your heart out!! :nice:

hm.... you definitely need a better keyboard/piano/e-piano....

scientist is a difficult song, but you mastered it pretty good on the piano. honestly i didn't listen to the guitar version until the end because i did not like it and it was way too fast - so were all recordings.

i don't know for how long you've been playing these instruments but well ok, there is way to go but don't worry, you're young and on the best way, just continue and don't stop, then you'll be better real soon.

and please know, you're one of the better singers here on coldplaying that have posted something ;)

keep us posted with new things and how you develop

Thanks' yea I now realized how odd the strummingg pattern sounded. I'll keep y'all posted. :) thanks for your feedback! I'll slow down next time with the recordings.

Congrats to your healthy hair. :D

Did you record the piano versions with your notebook? The notebook's fan (I guess it's your notebook's fan, tell me if I'm wrong) is disturbing, you could avoid that by buying an external mic, maybe a cheap one or an external webcam with a built-in microphone (would be the same but with less background noise)

Well, you definitely have the voice to carry out a song like the scientist well. I'm impressed!

If you would like a bit of constructive criticism, the only thing I noticed would be the timing. The acoustic guitar version's timing fluctuates a bit. Most people rely on a drummer and the rest of the band to keep time.

As far as the playing/singing goes, you're fine. I really liked it. Keep doing what you're doing, you'll only get better and better.

I'd like to hear you play amsterdam

Congrats to your healthy hair. :D

Did you record the piano versions with your notebook? The notebook's fan (I guess it's your notebook's fan, tell me if I'm wrong) is disturbing, you could avoid that by buying an external mic, maybe a cheap one or an external webcam with a built-in microphone (would be the same but with less background noise)

Well yes I realized that my computer's fan was annoying. So I just bought an itouch a few days ago and I will be recording from there from now on :)

Nice hair, play Yellow.

Aw thanks! Well I'll definatley work on Yellow :) thanks for the suggestion! And yeah I think yr right, well ur both right I think. I played the scientist with a drummer and a guitarist and I played piano. I kinda felt like I was leading the tempo while they followed but at other times the drummer led the tempo. But idk haha that might just be me.

I listened to the acoustic version you made of The Scientist, and I thought you did quite well at it! :) The beginning was unique, I thought I was listening to Pink Floyd's Wish You Were Here, but then you switched a few chords around and played the Scientist quite admirably. You have a Colbie Calliat quality to your singing and to your voice, quite nice to listen to you! Keep on singing your heart out!! :nice:

Thanks! I do love singing collie calliat songs! :)

I think you learn your "sings" by ear by listening to the song very carefully, as well as having enough music knowledge to make out what is being played.

hahaha :) I learn most by ear, I learned Postcards From Far Away by ear and Clocks by ear and watching my friends play briefly. I do well learning from audio haha. But I can read piano music to an extent if it's simple sheet music. I learned lost from sheet music but that's repetitive. And I know basic guitar chords so I can read guitar chords but not tabs, no barre chords either, and I have a lot of trouble with B chords :/ I'm a beginner in power chords and I love them! Sorry for the long replies by the way... I'm a chatterbox if you couldn't tell already.