✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

MYLO XYLOTO Lyrics

Hartroc

What are your favorite lyrics from the new songs/album so far?

I've got to say, my favorite lyrics are from a track we haven't even heard yet. It's on the album cover. :smug:

The two of us, we drove

A speeding ghost and a shadow

Luminous the road to the sea

We swam from the shallows

To bottle lightning’s glow

Where we’re gonna run, God only knows

I also really like (most of) Charlie Brown.

In my scarecrow dreams

When they smash my heart into smithereens

I'll be a bright red rose combusting the concrete

Be a cartoon heart

Yes, I pretty much love every new song lyrics, but my favorite is UATW. I don't know why, but I love the songs that start off with only Chris, and then gradually add the other band members, much like "Fix you", which is my favorite song by them, ever.

"Written in graffiti on a bridge in the park. Do you ever get the feeling that you're missing the mark?" - Hurts Like Heaven

"Hear those crocodiles ticking around the world. Hear those crocodiles ticking, they go ticking around the world." - Major Minus

"We are meeting for the first time can't you see? 7, 6, to 5, 4, 3! We are meeting for the first time singing this space symphony." - Moving to Mars

"Light a fire, from a spark! Light a fire for you in my heart." - Charlie Brown

Those are some that stick out for me. Not entirely sure if I got the Charlie Brown lyrics exactly right, but that's what he seems to be saying after listening to a couple different live versions.

I'm a songwriter, and I have to say, I'm inspired more by Arctic Monkeys' Alex Turner than Chris Martin lyrically.

But Chris Martin has written melodies that will be etched in my heart longer than any words will.