✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Instruments Used in PoC?

Guest Osaka Sun

Guest Osaka Sun

Pretty unique stuff. A tack-piano smothered with synthesizer, and what sounds like an accordion?

And some kind of flute at 2:15...can't exactly identify it. Reminds me of old Slavic/Ukrainian music when I was a kid. :P

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oJCJe8hRFrM]Princess of China - Coldplay live at Rock im Park in Nuremberg 2011 - YouTube[/ame]

The only instrument I can really discern is the tack piano, bass, and drums. The rest I don't even know what to call. The 2:15 "flutes" sound like they could be xylophone but distorted or more synthy sounding (kind of like the noises in the ambiance of HLH). Oh, and why does everyone call the main riff a "synth scream". What is that supposed to be? I always thought synth scream referred to the thing at 2:22. But whatever that is, it sounds AMAZING. That's my favourite moment of the song jeje.

And, I still understand the argument that it sounds like it's off VLV. The drum rhythm and tempo is very similar to Violet Hill. Fairy-tale imagery, big sound, synthesizers. It's all VLV to me. Not to say it's not a good track, or that it won't make sense in the context of the new album.

• 1 month later...