✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

MX song in roadie 124 ?

svenky

It's MX Song ???

roadie 124 : http://www.coldplay.com/newsdetail.php?id=654&page=0

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pwTS2RKPHN8&feature=player_embedded]Chris and Guy xylophone duet (Roadie #42 - Blog #124) - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V_fEWsM4mNc]Coldplay - " MX + Hurts Like Heaven " HQ Live @ Rock am Ring festival : Germany (MYLO XYLOTO) - YouTube[/ame]

the beginning is the same, What do you think ?

i don't think so. musically, they are totally different.

MX is basically 4 notes, just octaved and tremolo-picked resp. quickly played like a triller just with the octaves on the piano; it's a downward melody in a regular 4/4 time signature accented on the beat. there are no drums

this xylophone piece however uses actual chords, they are broken up and the boys play 3 notes per chord (or rather 6 notes since it's 2 lines with 3 notes). the melody is kind of upwards directed and it's played in an off-beat style i guess. also, you can clearly hear at least the bass drum.

not connected in my opinion - except maybe the known MX from live is just the beginning of the full mylo xyloto which would be this piece then.... but i have not checked the keys yet so i can't tell if that is possible.

I don't think so. I hope we get to hear a full song of MX just like Life In Technicolor

the problem i see:

Life in Technicolor: 2:30min

Mylo Xyloto: ~40sec

LiT used to be a song before LiTii, but MX is just an intro part so far, I can't really see how they will develop a full song (which I consider is at least let's say 2:30-3:00min) out of that bit... Maybe they will surprise us greatly =D

the problem i see:

Life in Technicolor: 2:30min

Mylo Xyloto: ~40sec

LiT used to be a song before LiTii, but MX is just an intro part so far, I can't really see how they will develop a full song (which I consider is at least let's say 2:30-3:00min) out of that bit... Maybe they will surprise us greatly =D

If you remember during the Viva tour, Coldplay played an abridged version of LiT (about a minute long, as well as LiTii later in the setlist) before playing Violet Hill. These two song opened most concerts (correct me if I'm wrong). This could be the exact thing they are doing with MX.

Considering the video was posted quite awhile ago, it could have been a really early version of MX (which we have only heard the intro to thus far at the festivals). I'm certainly not going to rule it out.

Or maybe the whole point was that they wanted to show us that Guy can do more than just play bass.