✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

guess whose on the cover of spin

';'

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh GOD!!!

:blush: I want it! I want it! I´ll buy it no matter what happens!!

227.jpg

Band of the Year: Coldplay

By Tracey Pepper

On a cloudless October afternoon, Chris Martin stands on the Skydeck of Chicago’s Sears Tower, the tallest building in North America, eyeing the 1,450-foot drop to the street. “I love things like this,” he exclaims. Then he’s off, peeling away from the window and pinballing across the blue-and-yellow observation area. Martin is often photographed looking serious and morose, but this exuberant display is standard for the 26-year-old Coldplay frontman. His energy, tightly packed into a rangy 6’1” frame, is electric. He doesn’t walk -- he bounds.

So hot! So hot! :wink3:

Guest LiquidSky

Hey girls!!!!!

I FINALLY GOT THE MAGAZINE! I WAS SO LUCKY 'CAUSE IT WAS THE LAST ONE! :blush:

It was the last one the magazine store had, I was :stunned: they are all gone...and then voila! they still had one left! :D :D :D

there's about 1 & 3/4 pages of the spin article after the bit posted on thei website..kinda long to type up, but here are 3 of my fave paragraphs to help you along... (this 1st para. follows the last one on spin.com)

--------

“Yeah? How was it?” Martin asks playfully. After he signs an autograph, other fans stop to say hello, shake hands, and snap photos. He obliges them all, but by the third picture, he pulls his gray hood over his head. A middle-aged blonde poses by his side, turns to him, and ask, “Who are you?” Martin stares at her: "What?” She laughs,m then says, “Just kidding!” Martin looks relieved but skeptical. He knows people see his face and recognize him “because of who my girlfriend is.” And part of the reason the press is intrigued by Martin’s relationship is that they think he’s otherwise boring.

Indeed, it was the band’s workaholism, fueled by Martin’s relentless self-doubt, that enabled Coldplay to become the only U.K. act in recent years to make the leap from cult status to mainstream pop stardom in America. “Besides Radiohead,” Martin points out. But while Radiohead’s Hail to the Thief may have entered the chart at No. 3, it got little radio play and plummeted each week. Martin shakes his head. “I owe everything to Thom Yorke.”

-Do you know that Yorke told a reporter that Coldplay is an example of how popular become ‘lifestyle music?’

-Martin looks pained. “What is lifestyle music?” he asks.

-It's music that loft dwellers listen to as they sip chardonnay and eat risotto - stuff like Norah Jones or Dido.

-“Oh, that’s the worst.”

-Not to bum you out-

-“No, it’s fine. Everyone hates us.”

“It’s very seldom now that i want to write a tiny, little song,” he says. “I want it to have loudness and lots of melody and be a big sing-along. My dream is to write an album of sing-alongs. I want some 50-year-old guy in his Audi to be singing on his way to work, looking like a total nerd but feeling really happy.”

chris martin.

i havn't seen it myself yet, but i do get that magazine. hopefully i'll see it this weekend.

and weren't we just talking about that chuck guy and how he thought coldplay are shit. i wonder who interviewed them :huh:

certainly not chuck :lol:

Hmm... I saw it here in a bookshop, but I might wait a month or two until its value's gone down... it's selling for RM20.

Guest LiquidSky
chris martin.

i havn't seen it myself yet, but i do get that magazine. hopefully i'll see it this weekend.

and weren't we just talking about that chuck guy and how he thought coldplay are shit. i wonder who interviewed them :huh:

certainly not chuck :lol:

Hmm... I saw it here in a bookshop, but I might wait a month or two until its value's gone down... it's selling for RM20.

It's only worth $4.50 here...how much are they selling it where you are?

Wow!!!

that's cool

that is actually my directory..

I mean, I was thinking about creating a website with fan arts, scanns, and all that stuff, but i nevre got to that, but THIS morning, I created this directory @ 250free to put the images!

Whenever the site gets done, I'll tell everyone!

XD