✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Just a thought...

playingcolder

Well, I don't know if this has been said before or anything, but this just occurred to me.

If Coldplay hadn't changed AT ALL. If everything was still all AROBTTH and Parachutes, would we not be bitching about how they have NOT changed?

Maybe they're not moving in the direction WE want them to, but they are moving, and they are STILL making music that sounds like no one else's.

I remember when U2 went through that whole 'disco disco' phase in the late 90's. They went from The Joshua Tree to THAT. And they came back with All That You Can't Leave Behind.

Coldplay will come out of this. In the meantime, lets just enjoy this phase. It will be over one day. Maybe this is just their "disco" phase (NOT LITERALLY).

I don't know. Maybe this makes no sense, and is stupid or whatever. But there's nothing we can do about it, and bitching is just going to make everyone feel worse. So lets just embrace it.

Sorry if this is like...wrong in any way.

^ "If Coldplay hadn't changed AT ALL. If everything was still all AROBTTH and Parachutes, would we not be bitching about how they have NOT changed?"

I quite agree with you here.

And musical taste is different. Some prefers the old stuff, others the new stuff. Each to their own.

I like both their old and new material, but apart from Viva la Vida I tend to like their ARoBttH stuff the best.

U2 went from Joshua Tree to Achtung Baby which wasnt dancy but was modern and quite garagy and heavy and was/ is still a classic. The POP album came a few years later after Zooropa. POP and Zooropa were not well recieved so they went back to their roots with ATYCLB.

I think the problem most people have is Coldplay seem to be purposly heading in a direction that is chart friendly and literally designed for teenagers.

You know the biggest problem I have with it? If this was a natural progression for them, whilst still not liking it, I'd still have some respect for them.

But (and this is just my opnion here) I don't think it is, it seems forced, it seems like they're going against every natural instinct they have as songwriters.

You know the biggest problem I have with it? If this was a natural progression for them, whilst still not liking it, I'd still have some respect for them.

But (and this is just my opnion here) I don't think it is, it seems forced, it seems like they're going against every natural instinct they have as songwriters.

Good post.

This.

I guess it´s a matter of opinions and perspectives...I see them as blossoming and coming out more and more from their comfort zone. This seems to be confirmed by them in interviews and such. In the beginning they were shy, but now they are embracing whatever they feel like making, regardless of how it´s going to be received. Regardless of the change, I still am and always have heard Coldplay signature in each of their songs, so they stay true throughout.

I agree fully.

they definitely have the ability to write great songs. Like personally Moving to Mars is a great written song and isn't over the top or anything. It's actually one of my favorite songs by them and I think of the best songs they've done since AROBTTH.

So clearly I think it's not like they can't write or record good material.

Though it's kind of fitting especially since Moving to Mars doesn't even make it on the album, and yet it's a great song.

This :nod: