✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

THINGS EVOLVE!!!

cackyy

Someone here needs to read Oatmeal :|

"there" is not "they're" is not "their"

"im" is not "I'm"

but I love Pokemon and evolution, so I forgive you ^^

I assume you were just really upset and that's why you made these mistakes.

btw, I listened to Paradise again and I still think it sucks.

?????? are you drunk or what ?

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't describe how depressed I am by the amount of negativity and some of the haters who behave like idiots and children. Especially we should have known after three years we follow the creation process of the new record that Coldplay will arrieve in new places in the sound landscape. Its hard to understand all the astonishment about Coldplays new direction.

I'm sad, not because they don't like it all, but I'm sad to read some postings of some Users here which are ridicolous and the way how they critisize the band is childish. Thats what hurts.

I decided after a long day yesterday that I will never read in this forum any more, especially not before single or album release.

I'm sure that after hearing the whole album the forum will be even more parted and I'm sure that there are lots of people who will complain about the style as well as today.

On the other side I trust Chris, who said lately that there will be some fans who will be disappointed, but not, because they are really disappointed, but rather because they don't want to accept a new direction and after a year there is no other way as to like the album.

I'm not neither a musician nor a producer, I'm just a fan and a music lover, but after listening to Yellow, for exemple, I'm not so sure that Paradise is an evolution. Just my thought anyway ...

I just would know what is happening! Live they're kind of powerfull rock band but the record, until now, seems so pop-lazy-average ...

Hope to change idea after listening to Mylo Xyloto (I do love this album title!!) :)

I can't describe how depressed I am by the amount of negativity and some of the haters who behave like idiots and children. Especially we should have known after three years we follow the creation process of the new record that Coldplay will arrieve in new places in the sound landscape. Its hard to understand all the astonishment about Coldplays new direction.

I'm sad, not because they don't like it all, but I'm sad to read some postings of some Users here which are ridicolous and the way how they critisize the band is childish. Thats what hurts.

I decided after a long day yesterday that I will never read in this forum any more, especially not before single or album release.

I'm sure that after hearing the whole album the forum will be even more parted and I'm sure that there are lots of people who will complain about the style as well as today.

On the other side I trust Chris, who said lately that there will be some fans who will be disappointed, but not, because they are really disappointed, but rather because they don't want to accept a new direction and after a year there is no other way as to like the album.

CALM DOWN.

Even if you are a

cheerleader.jpg

relax and stop with the insults

The issue here is, you're saying all the haters are being childish for giving criticism..? That's not childish at all. In fact, it's probably more adult to look at something and see that it's not perfect. If you look at something and just blindly accept it, that's more childish.

Also, I'm finding that a lot of the haters aren't childish at all. We're all being called out for not 'being true fans' and we're getting personal attacks for our opinions. That's childish.

If you accept and trust Chris Martin and co (seriously, there are three other people in the band. Coldplay is a democracy. Chris does not make all the decisions) to take you this direction then you can. But so far the two singles have been disappointing to me and so it's my choice to stand back and say 'hey, I'mma happy for you, but unless MX has some right stonkers on it, I'm afraid I might have to pass on it'.

The issue here is, you're saying all the haters are being childish for giving criticism..?

No thats wrong. Nobody must like the new stuff - I know that its very different to "good old" Parachutes or AROBTTH. But you should respect and accept the band, no matter what you think of the new stuff. There is no need to create such senseless topics like "Backstreet Boys...". You can cleary say that you don't like Paradise but it should be in a more serious way than SOME of the haters are doing it.

No thats wrong. Nobody must like the new stuff - I know that its very different to "good old" Parachutes or AROBTTH. But you should respect and accept the band, no matter what you think of the new stuff. There is no need to create such senseless topics like "Backstreet Boys...". You can cleary say that you don't like Paradise but it should be in a more serious way than SOME of the haters are doing it.

And you should respect and accept other people's opinions

I agree that some of the topics have been a little tasteless. But so have some of the 'love' threads. I mean, the title of this one: 'THINGS EVOLVE!!!' It's not exactly a mature way of handling it either really, is it?

I think you telling us that we should respect and accept this direction isn't exactly the right way either.

The only thing either party should do is respect and accept each other.

I can't respect this direction from Coldplay and I can't accept it either because I feel like I'd be settling for third best of what they can do.

I think we're just seeing over reaction because it is not what was expected. I don't love Paradise, but I don't hate it either. It's just an OK, 3 out of 5 song. I won't skip it when I listen to the album but I won't repeat it either. I'm a little confused how they or EMI would think that this would make a better single than Charlie Brown. Heck, even if they wanted to go for a mainstream single i'm surprised they didn't go with Princess of China.

The Duke i acually agree with everthing you said...

and yes the song is NOTHING special...3 outta 5

And you should respect and accept other people's opinions

Again: Its not because some people say they don't like the song. Its the way how they express it.

Nobody must like it but everyone here should respect the bands new direction. no matter what you think about. You don't have to agree or like or listen the new album to respect and accept it. But you should stop bashing the band for development.

I agree about not bashing the band´s decision and direction. It is their right to do exactly as they want to do and they don´t owe us anything. I did read quite a few good reviews of Paradise, so I think it was a good choice for first single, but charts will tell I guess whether people will respond to it or not.

And yes it is only one song out of 14, so I am sure there will be enough variety to please both sides of the fence :)

BTW I think the sentence "things evolve" is not offensive, so I would definitely not be bothered by it, as long as we don´t start calling each other names, childish or whatever else personal :)

and you MUST get a life and stop needlessly criticising something youre going to end up loving anyway???
Wow, seriously...

I think responses like this are exactly what he/she was talking about. Criticising isn't automatically needlessly, (s)he has been posting a lot and certainly not all his criticising was nonsense imo and moreover ... (s)he was just expressing his/her opinion.

And, how do you know (s)he's going to end up loving it anyway? Are you psychic? :P

Again: Its not because some people say they don't like the song. Its the way how they express it.

Nobody must like it but everyone here should respect the bands new direction. no matter what you think about. You don't have to agree or like or listen the new album to respect and accept it. But you should stop bashing the band for development.

This is it, I don't feel like this is development at all. I feel this is regression. The way it is composed and written just doesn't sit well with me. After what I've seen they can do I feel Paradise or ETIAW don't measure up.

I agree about not bashing the band´s decision and direction. It is their right to do exactly as they want to do and they don´t owe us anything. I did read quite a few good reviews of Paradise, so I think it was a good choice for first single, but charts will tell I guess whether people will respond to it or not.

And yes it is only one song out of 14, so I am sure there will be enough variety to please both sides of the fence :)

BTW I think the sentence "things evolve" is not offensive, so I would definitely not be bothered by it, as long as we don´t start calling each other names, childish or whatever else personal :)

No the sentiment itself is not offensive. It's just the capitals and exclamation marks that turn it to something slightly rude and abrasive. It's immediately making it confrontational.

Im sick of everyone hating on Paradise, and all the other singles because they don't sound like AROBTTH, new flash, the album is called mylo xyloto, not AROBTHH: THE 2ND COMING!!! Paradise is good, now stop thinking about other albums, and LISTEN!!

it's not evolution it's self-destruction.