✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

THINGS EVOLVE!!!

cackyy

Im sick of everyone hating on Paradise, and all the other singles because they don't sound like AROBTTH, new flash, the album is called mylo xyloto, not AROBTHH: THE 2ND COMING!!! Paradise is good, now stop thinking about other albums, and LISTEN!!

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Im sick of everyone hating on Paradise, and all the other singles because they don't sound like AROBTTH, new flash, the album is called mylo xyloto, not AROBTHH: THE 2ND COMING!!! Paradise is good, now stop thinking about other albums, and LISTEN!!

Sick of it??? It's been less that a day!

You know what I'm sick of? I'm sick of fans telling other fans how to think... everyone on this site has the right to their own opinion and if a life-long fan doesn't like a song, they are entitled to feel that way. As a fan since Parachutes, I have loved every direction (sh*t, even X&Y is great in retrospect) the band has taken and I LOVE a band that takes risks. With that being stated, I am seriously worried about this record. I have finally heard the REAL version of "Paradise" and it TRIES WAY TOO HARD. The "refrain" (which I thought was the chorus) is good, but the rest is mediocre bubblegum pop. I can't say anything other than I feel like Christmas morning and I didn't get the present I wanted (after staring at it for a week).

True ..this is just another era ....the MYLO XYLOTO Era :)

Just like the Parachutes,AROBTTH,X&Y and VLV era the band is experimenting new stuff

What's with the threads today, you could've put that in as a random comment.

Anway, here's my view on the subject--if Mylo Xyloto was Coldplay's first album and afterwards came Viva La Vida, X&Y ,AROBTTH and finally Parachutes as their latest, that would be some sort of evolution of sound. This is rather going downhill.

they're becoming like this "band"

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w2BmYZkODlg&feature=fvwrel]Boyzone - Love Me For A Reason - YouTube[/ame]

the beat is almost the same :P

Sick of it??? It's been less that a day!

You know what I'm sick of? I'm sick of fans telling other fans how to think... everyone on this site has the right to their own opinion and if a life-long fan doesn't like a song, they are entitled to feel that way.

EXACTLY!

Hello dear mister turkey. Please quote me one point where somebody is complaining because "OH NO, COLDPLAY CHANGED, HOW DARE THEY CHANGE".

They are disliking the way the music has changed, not the fact that the music has changed.

Until you can give me some proof otherwise than I bid you adieu.

:thumbsup:

Isn't evolution supposed to make things better? For example, over time humans have evolved to have bigger, better brains so they can function more effectively. Evolution certainly isn't the correct term to describe what we're hearing.

My thoughts exactly!

I think we're just seeing over reaction because it is not what was expected. I don't love Paradise, but I don't hate it either. It's just an OK, 3 out of 5 song. I won't skip it when I listen to the album but I won't repeat it either. I'm a little confused how they or EMI would think that this would make a better single than Charlie Brown. Heck, even if they wanted to go for a mainstream single i'm surprised they didn't go with Princess of China.

They did evolve, on songs such us Hurts Like Heaven, Us Against The World, Charlie Brown and Princess of China.

Paradise was simply a question of not putting any effort in.

I do agree with this with most of their songs, their sound has matured but mostly EVOLVED. Although I like Paradise, its too simple of a song and a bit of a regression.

I think it´s definitely evolution as we saw this coming a few years ago...just the natural course they wanted to take with their music. And people not disliking change but disliking what they change into: this is a risk you take when you like a band that loves changing, so why blame THEM for it? Rather admit you don´t like the change and move on.

And no effort put into Paradise? Long-time coldplay fans know more than anyone else how hard these guys work, how much they tinker and how selective they are. To say no effort was put in what they chose as their leading single is quite unfair. You might not like the song, but I am sure they worked hard on it as on all other tracks if past indications are anything to go by.