✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

THINGS EVOLVE!!!

cackyy

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I had to say it because of the title of the thread. But I will now try to save the on-topic-ness with a crazy metaphor to pokemon!

As a kid, I loved pokemon. I collected the cards and played the games and watched the show and everything. The original 151 were awesome, and I still look back at them with very happy fond memories. However, after the 151, It was pushing it too far and I didnt like it anymore. I dont even acknowledge that other pokemon exist.

I'm afraid that Paradise : Coldplay :: Pokemon#152 : Pokemon. I hope I'm wrong

Does that make sense? Probably not. But I tried.

I'm not saying that all I want is lots of the same music at all, hell my favourite artist is David Bowie and he's changed so much through the years and shows just how an artist can 'evolve' well. Sure he had an album or two he wasn't so proud of but he started making music again that he enjoyed and poured his soul into. I hope that Coldplay do the same make an album that in the future may regret and look back thinking this could have been better and learn and go onto make more amazing music where they don't need overproduced sounds just their instruments and their abilities which we know they have.

Mylo Xyloto is shaping up to be what I thought Viva La Vida was going to be in terms of experimentation.When I heard Brian Eno was going to produce Viva I expected weird sonic sounds and soudscapes.While all that is there in Viva,different intruments,strings,lyrically,sounds,etc. Viva in my opinon is a fine tuned Coldplay not going too drastic in the experimentation but at the same time it was different for them as artist. I think its safe to say that Mylo Xyloto will be their album where they experiement a little more.With weird sounds and what not from what we have heard already.

From the first time I heard ETIAW,I expected something different and weird.I figure it was the best way to come into this album that way I wouldnt be caught off guard too much.

I guess some people here have their expectations very high when it comes to Coldplay.As it should be and I know I do too.I want everyone to like Coldplay.But know that that will not be the case.I think(my opinion) that if you cant see that Coldplay are artists and want to grow and try different things musically to stay hungry and not get bored then you are just setting yourself up for dissapointment.At this stage in their career something different should be expected from Coldplay.We should try to grow with the band.

But at the end of the day everyone's a critic and has their opinions and are entiteld to them.But thats just what I think.

I'm not saying that all I want is lots of the same music at all, hell my favourite artist is David Bowie and he's changed so much through the years and shows just how an artist can 'evolve' well. Sure he had an album or two he wasn't so proud of but he started making music again that he enjoyed and poured his soul into. I hope that Coldplay do the same make an album that in the future may regret and look back thinking this could have been better and learn and go onto make more amazing music where they don't need overproduced sounds just their instruments and their abilities which we know they have.

david bowie is from another galaxy compared to coldplay.

his worst album is better than coldplay's discography.

Someone here needs to read Oatmeal :|

The music is good, everyone just wants old coldplay back, but it's not gonna happen, new coldplay, and their not selling out, There just pushing it to the extreme

"there" is not "they're" is not "their"

"im" is not "I'm"

but I love Pokemon and evolution, so I forgive you ^.^

I assume you were just really upset and that's why you made these mistakes.

btw, I listened to Paradise again and I still think it sucks.