✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Why Brian Eno has to leave

The Joker

A song like this:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MwbCuyScCjI]Coldplay - Wedding Bells - live at Apple keynote (720p HD) Exclusive Track - YouTube[/ame]

Is left out on the album

And a song like this:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J6ZWlDks0nQ]Coldplay - Paradise (Official) - YouTube[/ame]

Is kept..

Am I the only one scratching my head on this?...

I disagree. I think Eno is the best thing that ever happened to Coldplay. After the turgid navel-gazing of X&Y, they teamed up with Brian and made the best album of their career. I still don't like the direction of the new material, though. (I'm also a big Eno fan, so I'm pretty biased.)

Also: Who ever said that Eno was responsible for this track being cut?

I don't think it's a matter of Wedding Bells being on the album or not. He was probably expressing Chris' preference of shallow lyrics to better ones. This could very well be Eno's influence, Brian Eno could secretly be trying to take the sanctity that the band once had and crush it in his grip. Like imagine his head on Chris' head; he just whispers sweet nothings of musical monotony and serene squalor into Chris' sweet little ears. The songwriter's eyes open wide and they glisten, his smile so big, and then all of a sudden motherfu-

PARA PARA PARA WA WA WA WA WA WA WA

Martin's brain matter flies all over the walls, his inspiration turns it several different shapes and colors, and you have the lovely little ditty that is Mylo Xyloto.

We can't say how Brian Eno influence the band and I don't want to say if he has to leave or not...

May be the guys have no great new ideas to work on, or may be they want to became the newest Take That of the situation (It would be a surprise, but who can say...) - anyway I just would say (in my terrible english!) that I shivered the first time that i listened to Chris playing Weedding bells with its guitar, by himself and I didn't shiver after listening to Paradise ...... not at all!! :D

I actually wonder if Brian Eno has much say in the recording sessions. Say what you will about the man but he is a musical legend and visionary . Granted, his recent stuff doesn't compare to his previous work but it sounds inspired compared to the recent Coldplay songs.

Example: [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RMQXm4etRhU]Brian Eno / Rick Holland: glitch - YouTube[/ame]

Its Coldplay who write the songs. Not Brian Eno. Can´t you just realize it? Can´t you fucking realize that IT IS THE WAY COLDPLAY, and only COLDPLAY WANTS TO BE?

But no... theres something bad... it has to be EMI or no... Brian Eno... are you kidding me? Its Coldplay. They want it, they do it. Like it or don´t. Who cares...

Wait for friday and listen to their live performances of DLIBYH and Up In Flames. If those songs suck ( they won´t. Paradise is btw nice also. ) THEN we can talk.

Its Coldplay who write the songs. Not Brian Eno. Can´t you just realize it? Can´t you fucking realize that IT IS THE WAY COLDPLAY, and only COLDPLAY WANTS TO BE?

But no... theres something bad... it has to be EMI or no... Brian Eno... are you kidding me? Its Coldplay. The want it, they do it. Like it or don´t. Who cares...

Wait for friday and listen to their live performances of DLIBYH and Up In Flames. If those songs suck ( they won´t. Paradise is btw nice also. ) THEN we can talk.

Asian+Facepalm.jpg

Oh how funny, a facepalm picture.

You don´t even know what you are all talking about. You don´t even know how Brian Eno is looking and you want to know what he is doing and that HE is the guy behind all bad songs... but when a song is epic its halleluja Coldplay... this is so hilarious...

When you don´t like their music its not a member of Coldplays team who has to leave Coldplay... its a "fan" who has to leave Coldplay. They don´t write music for you... I think you are missing the point there.

Oh how funny, a facepalm picture.

You don´t even know what you are all talking about. You don´t even know how Brian Eno is looking and you want to know what he is doing and that HE is the guy behind all bad songs... but when a song is epic its halleluja Coldplay... this is so hilarious...

When you don´t like their music its not a member of Coldplays team who has to leave Coldplay... its a "fan" who has to leave Coldplay. They don´t write music for you... I think you are missing the point there.

Be-Less-Boring.jpg

Ok, now I know whats going on here in these forums... kids like you are coming out of their dark holes for talking about things they can´t even spell.

But luckily here are some real Coldplay fans, too who know how to handle this situation :)

And P.S.: grow up. Just a bit, please.

Ok, now I know whats going on here in these forums... kids like you are coming out of their dark holes for talking about things they can´t even spell.

But luckily here are some real Coldplay fans, too who know how to handle this situation :)

And P.S.: grow up. Just a bit, please.

IT'S FUNNY that you are saying to me to grow up :P

But no... theres something bad... it has to be EMI or no... Brian Eno... are you kidding me? Its Coldplay. They want it, they do it. Like it or don´t. Who cares...

You are just using little internet pics instead of using my arguments... so yeah, grow up.

I can understand that not all people out there are pleased with ETIAW or Paradise. But why can´t you understand that these songs are just singles - like Viva La Vida - that promote the new album Mylo Xyloto?

Of course those songs are a bit poppy and mainstream... like Viva La Vida was.

These two songs are just good. Not more, not less. But we have a brilliant Charlie Brown, we have a nice Hurts Like Heaven and Major Minus and I´m sure songs like DLIBYH, Up In Flames, MMIX, Up With The Birds, etc will be as good as we know Coldplay. Just in an other style... like VIVA a few years ago.

When you listened to the full album and still think: "Yeah, thats good. But its not good enough for Coldplay".... then it´s not Coldplay who did mistakes... then you should think about leaving Coldplay as a fan and not judge about them personally and say X,Y or Z has to leave. Nobody has the right to say that. Its not your music.

I'm not against Brian Eno, but I think the next album should be recorded without him. I'm curious how the guys would work without his presence and influence and what kind of album would come out after 5 years or so (correct me if i'm wrong) working with him.

But they're both bad songs :sad:

No they´re not ;)

You have to loose your worries about drums that sound disco like or something... because I bet if Paradise would be a slow song like The Scientist but with exactly the same notes and lyrics, but just with "standard drums" and more acoustic feeling, everyone here would say OMG OMG OMG. But just because its a bit over the top, you are overreacting.

Yes Coldplay is more mainstream than ever before. But only with two songs ;)

And they are still Coldplayish. Not comparable to real pop music.

Viva La Vida is exactly the same mainstream song. And also... Before X&Y everyone said its over with Coldplay, they are mainstream now. After Viva La Vida everyone said that Coldplay is lost in pop music forever... but after these LP´s they started realizing how fantastic they are. Even when X&Y was a bit too long.

It will be the same with MX. It will be their best work, their best album til now. Im pretty damn sure ;)

Just wait, please :)

I'm not against Brian Eno, but I think the next album should be recorded without him. I'm curious how the guys would work without his presence and influence and what kind of album would come out after 5 years or so (correct me if i'm wrong) working with him.

I completely agree - it would be interesting to see how Coldplay works without Brian Eno and his influence. I would love Coldplay to work with Nigel Godrich but this will never happen... they probably don't want to deal with more "Radiohead-lite" comparisons. I wonder what current producers would be able to further develop Coldplay's sound...