✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

[4-Dec-2011] Coldplay @ MEN Arena, Manchester, UK

• Replies 542
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

a 360 degree stage??? really????

So it says,looking at some of the ticket prices for the rear view seats I thought it would be strange for the band to sell tickets knowing that the fans at the back would get to see a load of equipment and the back of the band.

I was sat in block J for that show amongst some of the miserable people you could imagine,I got to experience a Coldplay show from a different position though the light show looked fantastic from further back and I managed to get a setlist from the soundman as well ...result!

So what would the 360 stage look like? Would it be one where there is the stage at the front and then it comes out into the middle? Or like the U2 360 where it's just a stage in the middle and that's it?

I very much doubt its 360 degrees, and the MEN Arena plan for the show desnt suggest it. Plus having seen U2 in 360 degrees, I know a lot goes into creating that, especially with regard to lighting and seating. U2s stage partly rotated with bridges and a circular runway and 360degree screen.

I very much doubt its 360 degrees, and the MEN Arena plan for the show desnt suggest it. Plus having seen U2 in 360 degrees, I know a lot goes into creating that, especially with regard to lighting and seating. U2s stage partly rotated with bridges and a circular runway and 360degree screen.

The M.E.N website says so http://www.men-arena.com/events/?page_id=1901

ticketmaster have some. just got offered

Section BL 118 Row S Seats 15 Description Price Level 5

LOWER TIER ...

Rear View!!! TypeRear view Seats (Possible Restricted View)Price£43.45 x 1

Price Details Price Details TypeRear view Seats (Possible Restricted View)Ticket Price£39.50 x 1Service Charge£3.95 x 1

SUBTOTAL*£43.45

* Note: The price displayed includes the ticket/item price plus, when applicable, service charges, facility charges and additional taxes. Click Price Details for more information.

The queue system at CiN Rocks at the MEN Arena was atrocious - well I say queue but there wasn't one - got there at 10am and there was about 40 people ahead of me, and we sat there all day hoping to be the first ones and get to the front, but by 5oclock people were arriving and getting to the front because there was no system in place, no barriers, and they just opened the doors and everyone rushed and pushed to get in. Plus we had to queue inside and get wristbands before being allowed through the doors to the floor. Ridiculous.

So I don't know how they will organise this gig in terms of queuing up for standing fans. Is it really worth going early?

its a long while ago, but last time I did standing for the MEN, they opened the doors to the concourse and then made you queue again at the block doors before letting you down into the standing area. so you might have been front of the queue at the outside door you were at but then further back in the queue at the inner door.