✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

[4-Dec-2011] Coldplay @ MEN Arena, Manchester, UK

• Replies 542
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Normally I only do crazy tramping about for The Boss, but things have fallen into place and am headed over from the US for a long weekend with my wife and two kids, ending with this show (our first)! Took a chance on the 360 stage setup and got four aisle seats in 120.

Joined the forum to seek out good info on MEN, etc. Figure it is only proper to say hello! :)

I'd Rather Be A Comma !

Hey,

Can't wait 'till Dec 4th at ME.N. I'm like a little kid..... and I'm 55 !!! Going with wife and we are gong TO ROCK !

MX just gives me a great feeling everytime I play it.....Like I'm 21 again...Is that bad ?

Anway we are in block 102..look out for me, I'll have a defib machine next to my seat !!!

Does anybody know whether the MEN have cloakroom facilities? On their site it says they are available within hospitality packages, but nothing about the normal punter.

If they don't I could possibly freeze in the queue.

I don't think they do.

But the queueing up is all inside, theres a McDonalds just there and the train station below. So you won't be queuing up outside. just wear something warm that is OK to wear inside during the gig too.

As for queuing, not sure how this will work. Arrived early for the CiN concert at the MEN and 'queued up' all day, however theres no system/barriers in place, so we just sat on the floor, and by 5pm there were people arriving and getting in front, and once the doors opened it was just a big rush with everyone pushing.

Once in the main concourse you have to queue again for the next set of doors with stairs leading to the floor.

I've found my seating experience at the M.E.N. to be consistently more enjoyable than my standing experiences.

Green Day, went standing, queued up for most of the day, skipped out on merch and got to the barrier.

Gorillaz, went seating, arrived after doors opened, wandered in, bought a Tee and a poster, took my seat just before the support began. Very chilled evening.

My Chemical Romance, went standing, arrived as doors opened, ended up on middle floor after going to merch.

Arctic Monkeys, went standing, queued most of the afternoon, skipped merch, got pushed over as everyone rushed onto the floor, ended up right near the bag, didn't get into the gig really.

So I'm looking forward to Coldplay! Seating tickets with my best mate who I haven't seen for a month or two. Going to be a great evening out!

Hey guys, totally new to the forum but cant wait to go to this gig.

Anybody have any advice as to how early to start queuing? :)

read my paragraph above ^ from last weeks experience at the MEN Arena, seems queuing up early is un-necessary as they don't prioritise and theres no queue line, just sit anywhere outside the doors :-(

read my paragraph above ^ from last weeks experience at the MEN Arena, seems queuing up early is un-necessary as they don't prioritise and theres no queue line, just sit anywhere outside the doors :-(

Thanks! Pretty disappointed to hear that seen as its such a big venue would expect some sort of barriers for the queue. Hope this 360 stage will be as good as the normal set up