✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

[4-Dec-2011] Coldplay @ MEN Arena, Manchester, UK

cplivethmb.jpg

European tour announced for December

19 September 2011 8:00 am

Nine arena shows announced, pre-sale for Coldplay's online fans

Good morning. We're very pleased to report that Coldplay will play nine arena shows across the UK, France, Germany, Holland and Belgium in December.

There will be a special ticket pre-sale for Coldplay online fans for each of the shows. To access it, click the links below at the date/time stated and enter the code MYLOXYLOTIX. The general sale will begin on Friday morning for all shows.

3 December - Glasgow, SECC

Pre-sale, 9.30am (UK time) on 22 Sept from here

General sale, 9.30am (UK time) on 23 Sept from here

Ticket prices: £47.50/£55/£65

4 December - Manchester, MEN Arena

9 December - London, O2 Arena

14 December - Paris, Bercy

Pre-sale 9am (French time) on 22 Sept from here

General sale, 9am (French time) on 23 Sept from here

Ticket prices: €50/€55/€70

15 December - Cologne, Lanxess Arena

Pre-sale 9am (German time) on 21 Sept from here

General sale, 9am (German time) on 23 Sept from here

Ticket prices: €45/€55/€60/€65

17 December - Rotterdam, Ahoy

Pre-sale 9am (Dutch time) on 22 Sept from here

General sale 9am (Dutch time) on 23 Sept from here

Ticket price: €59

18 December - Antwerp, Sportpaleis

Pre-sale 9am (Belgian time) on 22 Sept from here

General sale 9am (Belgian time) on 23 Sept from here

Ticket prices: €40/€60/€65

20 December - Frankfurt, Festhalle

General sale 9am (German time) on 23 Sept from here

Ticket prices: €50/€60/€65

21 December - Berlin, O2 World Arena

General sale 9am (German time) on 23 Sept from here

Ticket prices: €55/€65

Anchorman

------------------------

Coldplay return to the M.E.N Arena this winter for one of only three UK shows.

Tickets for the Sunday 4 December concert go on sale at 9.30am Friday 23 September, priced from £47.50. Please note, tickets are strictly limited to two per person.

After headlining Glastonbury and T In The Park this summer, the four-piece return for their first M.E.N Arena performance since 2008's sold-out Viva La Vida shows.

The band will be showcasing tracks from their new album Mylo Xyloto, including the first two singles Every Teardrop Is A Waterfall and Paradise.

The album is the follow-up to 2008's Viva La Vida or Death And All His Friends, which sold nine million copies worldwide.

Chris Martin and co are recent winners of BBC 6 Music's 2011 'Festival Headliner of the Year' and have been nominated in two categories at this year's Q Awards - 'Best Live Act' and 'Best Act In The World Today'.

Coldplay will be one of the bands performing at this year's Children in Need Rocks Manchester at the M.E.N Arena in November.

http://www.men-arena.com/events/?page_id=1901

10417s_a.gif

M.E.N – Who’s Going?

Busybeeburns & Jenjie

Gib786

Davywalsh7

HASAN18

Marko1892

Philliphudson

Alexkelly92

Rickybrooke

JaHawk2009

R_Burns

Brabs

Calaston

42rock89

iPsy

ianharan

JackColdplay

LARD

X_BeccaRella_X

atheres

Bebop28

saint_james

hooper68 & Georgia

• Replies 542
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am currently hating them (while loving them, of course) for this because I just spent over £100 on tickets for the CiN :|

GAH!!

Do we think they might announce more dates later on like they did last time? Because I missed out on MEN ones last time and then they announced LCCC, which I would rather again, I really dislike MEN as a venue :/

That's what I'm hoping, mainly because I've spent the money I set aside for Coldplay this year already, and also, as I said because I really dislike the MEN :/

I suppose time will tell.

I wasn't really around before the last tour was announced, did they announce the Summer UK tour at the same time as the America tour? (If that doesn't make any sense I apologise, even I don't believe English is my first language sometimes)

The ticket pricing suggests all seating again, don't you think?

Front floor £65

Floor £55

Gods £47.50

I say gods but i dont think there is a bad seat in the MEN, it's actually a good arena and i've enjoyed Coldplay a number of times in there.

However, prior to attempting to get tickets it'd be good to know what we're paying for.

From what I remember when I saw them at the NIA in Birmingham on the last tour, it was all seater but everyone on the floor seats stood up anyway. Saying that When I saw them at Wembley Stadium the following summer the same thing happened when I was sat up in the gods. So if you want to stand that badly the floor would be the place to go, but if its all seating I get the feeling a lot of the floor seats would be the most expensive because of the view you would get (unless there's someone with 'big hair' in front.

Will we know before tickets go on sale about whether the floor will be all seated or not?

When I saw them on the Viva tour at the Liverpool Echo Arena, it was all seated on the floor.

Thing is, I want to book tickets with a mate. If they do standing, we both just buy our own tickets separately. But if it's all seated, we'd have to buy together.

How can we find this out? I'll send some emails to MEN Arena people.

sounds like the only way they could monitor that is 2 tickets per household or credit card no.

If another person did it as well you could have more, but obv. not seated together. Unless you went standing

don't need to monitor it. they set the website so you can only select 2 tickets. by the time you've got through the system and sorted your first 2 tickets the venue will be sold out

I think the ticket prices area bit on the pricey side I was hoping to take my wife and 11 year old daughter but at £180 for 3 tickets I might have to disappoint them which would be a shame as my daughter is desperate to see them!

you're going to have to disappoint them anyway. they're limiting the tickets to 2 per person. unless you get someone else to buy you one, but then 1 of you would likely be sitting on their own

can any1 tell me from experience if i have much chance of getting tickets if i log in through the pre sale first thing thursday morning?

thanx

I would have thought you would have a great chance on the pre sale day. How do you log into the pre-sale? Where do you get your password from?:)

I would have thought you would have a great chance on the pre sale day. How do you log into the pre-sale? Where do you get your password from?:)

You should get the link in the email sent out to you if you're on the mailing list. Along with the password to use when you click that link on thursday at 09.30

I rang up Ticketmaster (After getting redirected to about 8 different ticketmaster helplines :laugh3: ) and they said that there will be standing tickets for the MEN Arena. After the last tour, I seriously thought it would be all seated again.

He also said he didn't know what prices the tickets were etc. So we still don't know which prices are which for what seats/standing etc.

Please let me know if anyone finds out :) Thanks.