✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

[4-Dec-2011] Coldplay @ MEN Arena, Manchester, UK

Really? I loved Daylight and What If in the set.

I think though that Coldplay need to stop pretending to be a pop band: IE they need to start playing two hour shows with less running around (Chris tires himself out!), more album tracks and more variety between shows.

For example, when I saw them in 2008 they played techno versions of GPASUYF and Talk, which were great.

Also, I think Don't Let It Break Your Heart, UFO, and Christmas Lights would have made it perfect for me. Why didn't they get played?

Never once have I heard them play Life In Technicolour 2, one of their best, or indeed Glasses of Water.

However, none of this takes away from the fact that it was a top notch show. I loved it.

I first saw Coldplay in 2003 and was amazed at Chris running around - I think it turned my opinion from being 'an incredible band' to 'an incredible band with a completely unique energy' - it utterly blew me away.

I wish he wouldn't do it so much, but I think what he does has made them into the huge band they are today...which is what he always wanted (so I feel I can't begrudge them too much).

They should play for longer, I agree. They need to do 1hr40 minutes at least for the prices they're charging and the wait people have to see them (2 years here in London - where they live!) I saw Paul McCartney last night and the tickets were expensive but not double the price, and he played for longer than double Coldplay do (and he's almost seventy!)

Physically (with the running around) I think Chris pushes himself to breaking point at every show.

I personally didn't especially like the 'techno' set at the last round of gigs. GAPS particularly is one of their best-ever songs and deserves a proper place in the set imho.

I've never heard LiT2 live either :( It's surely their best song ever behind Politik (it's the ONE song my not-so-hardcore-as-me friends always rave about), but it's been jettisoned for disposable (imo) stuff like Major Minus. Such a great shame.

• Replies 542
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think we are totally on the same page, I agree that GPASUYF should be a 'staple', as it's one of their all-time best.

I was really pleased that they played the extended (IE live) version of Life is For Living at Glastonbury this year though, that is one of my top five live. It's incredible. We need that sort of variety. Square One might be good to slip back into the set too!

We went into the Printworks not sure what the bar was called, first one we came too. I was to much on a high to notice.

The place was buzzing.

I have been talking about it to all my mates and probs will still be talking about it for weeks to come, it was so amazing.:D

Are you going to the concerts in june in manchester?

We should have a big coldplay meet up afterwads in 1 of the bars!

Are you going to the concerts in june in manchester?

We should have a big coldplay meet up afterwads in 1 of the bars!

Nah im on a stag do from the 10th of June, just bought some tickets for the O2 on friday though :D:D:D

honestly it was great in the bar afterwards everyone was singing and cheering it was fantastic!

THE END ???

I was at the M.E.N. with my wife and we were blown away ! We just love Coldplay. Paradise ? Absolutely ! Put a Smile Upon My Face ? You bet ! I could go on for hours listing superlatives but I am uneasy. There has been much talk about MX being the last album, the band splitting etc etc. Can ANYBODY shed light on these runours ? Life without them would be bleak. I just feel good inside everytime I listen to their music and to see them live is better than any high obtained from dubious substances !!! Feedback please ? In the meantime we are looking forward to Sunderland next June. Don't split you guys...We ALL love you !

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...