✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

I Miss Lovers in Japan

rainman1000

Add Lovers in Japan, 42 and Glass of Water. And Amsterdam! :) It will never happen of course....you know what I'd love, if they'd do a Bruce Springsteen and decide to play whole albums in their concerts. Like today Parachutes, tomorrow Viva, after tomorrow X&Y etc.

I miss LIJ too. :[

Jonny's guitar work on AROBTTH in that recording is amazing^^. Great find. :smug:

Add Lovers in Japan, 42 and Glass of Water. And Amsterdam! :) It will never happen of course....you know what I'd love, if they'd do a Bruce Springsteen and decide to play whole albums in their concerts. Like today Parachutes, tomorrow Viva, after tomorrow X&Y etc.

This would be really neat, but probably would be unsatisfying for a lot of fans...especially people who might argue, "want to hear the album? Listen to the album." Actually, wouldn't it even be possible to play two albums in one go? Parachutes and VLV (and probably MX) are a little bit on the shorter side....it'd make for around 2 hours to play any two albums. :sneaky:

I've heard a few other posters suggest this, but it would be really nice if the band had a few slots to rotate a couple songs from old albums:

-Parachutes: Shiver, Trouble, ENL, Don't Panic, Spies

-AROBTTH: Amsterdam, AROBTTH, Daylight, Warning Sign, Green Eyes (acoustic-ish)

-X&Y: Talk, Swallowed in the Sea, Square One

-VLV: 42, DAOOHF, Lovers in Japan, Strawberry Swing (especially in the place of Lost and/or Violet Hill)

I really hope Lovers In Japan returns, when I saw that back in December '08 in Liverpool it was really special for me considering I had and was still going through a really intense 6 months because of a long term surgery thing. When I was watching them perform and seeing the confetti just engulf the arena it was just a moment of joy and helped me forget everything else at the time. Whenever I hear the song it just reminds me of that special moment and brought back a lot of memories when I saw them again them in September '09 in Manchester. It'd be great to experience it again