✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

I Miss Lovers in Japan

rainman1000

It's never been a favorite of mine but I think it will work it's way into the setlist from time to time. Actually, I wish they would have left the confetti in the Viva era. It was something special that I associate with that song & that tour. When they use it now, it feels cliche to me.

With each album, it's got to be hard to pick songs. Personally, I'm tired of Clocks and Yellow, but people still go crazy as soon as they start them so I guess they have to keep them in. If you get to see them live, I hope they play it for you! :)

I don't know about you guys, it seems like the boys have left out Lovers in Japan , one of the best live songs ,in my opinion ( along with the butterfly confetti...) for their MX shows. I hope they would somehow put it back on the set list.

I agree. Love the song. And it was awesome singing and dancing to it with the paper butterflies "fluttering" around us. I also would like to see it back in the setlist.

the same scenes with confettis X is MX is song Princess of China and the other the butterflies is Viva La Vida for lovers in Japan and I think that is part of the same story.

439x.jpg

chrism.jpeg

because

This news follows the band winning 6 Music's festival headliner vote. Unlike 2005's release of X&Y, Champion also revealed they were able to decide on the tracklisting very quickly and have put a lot of thought into it as a whole body of work: "It's very much compiled to be able to listen to it from start to finish. There was a very strong sense of the story that goes along with the record and how we wanted to tell that story," added the Coldplay drummer. "There's a narrative in there if you choose to look for it. We knew how we wanted it to go and in the end there was really just a question of two songs. We were pretty unanimous in everything which is great. It's a good sign."

Mylo Xyloto is their fifth studio album and features a collaboration with US star Rihanna entitled Princess of China. It's previously been reported that the record is based on a love story which has a happy ending. Will confirmed there is a definite theme to the album with a structure to the tracks. "Every record is a concept album in some way in that people don't just write songs and throw them on in a random order," he said. "Everyone that I know who has released records thinks very carefully about what the first track is. That's crucial. "If you've got a range of dynamics in your songs you want them to come in the right order. It would be pointless to put 6 massive songs followed by 3 really small songs."

Will Champion

I miss it too, terribly (and for always) :cry:

42 is one of their best songs imho, on record, but live it is twice the track - spine tingling. I'll be amazed if the new record contains anything as remarkable. The same goes for Square One...bring them back please...

Guest howyousawtheworld

I miss Lovers In Japan as well but it's not essential. I do prefer it on record though. I miss the full version of Clocks (ie in that it doesn't cut straight to "and nothing else compares"). With performances of Clocks like the ones they gave on the Twisted Logic tour surely they should have kept that version?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1hOQkJeybFI&feature=related]Coldplay - Clocks live in Toronto 2006 - YouTube[/ame]

That said they could DEFINITELY drop Lost! (I really like Lost don't get me wrong) for something else. Talk or Square One preferably, but I think Talk would follow on best from Major Minus.

A Rush of Blood to the Head (Live 2003 Version).

'Nuff said.

Best version of the best song ever.

Amen to that.

Oh, has anyone seen the fan-recorded version of A Rush Of Blood To The Head in the Santiago show? Overall not as good as Live 2003, but greatest solo by Jonny ever.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G4IoqXmYzJs]Coldplay - A Rush of Blood to the Head (Live in Santiago) - YouTube[/ame]

the same scenes with confettis X is MX is song Princess of China and the other the butterflies is Viva La Vida for lovers in Japan and I think that is part of the same story.

439x.jpg

chrism.jpeg

because

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wOIkLKwCKYw&feature=related]Coldplay Lovers In Japan / Chinese Sleep Chant / Yes - YouTube[/ame]