🌙 COLDPLAY ANNOUNCE MOON MUSIC OUT OCTOBER 4TH 🎵

I'm moving to USA!

juanif94

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The lower peninsula of Michigan looks like a mitten. So I can hold up my hand to look like a mitten and point to a certain spot on my hand and say "I live here". :wacko:

mascheesehead

oooh. :surprised:

:|

:disappointed:

Texas looks like a hand making an L shape.

And Oklahoma looks like a hand pointing in one direction.

So Michigan isn't the only one.

okay

Wisconsin is a Hand, Lower Michigan is a Mitten Rudy! ;)

And D.C. is not so large because it's an area designated to be 10 miles square (there's a stone marking the corner of each mile), a little less than that from land returned to Virginia, but the metro area's population is on the order of 5.6 million or so. Basically a city designed to be a capitol, by French architect L'Enfant based on cities like Paris, Milan, Amsterdam, Frankfurt, Karlsruhe. Karlsruhe, now there's one to look up!:stunned:

There's so much to see! I would definitely recommend the Air and Space Museum, the Smithsonian, John F Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts, and all the grand monuments. And you'll never see it all - there's a lot to see in DC! Georgetown is upscale, if you're into fancy stores and fancy places, some areas need a little fixing up and an economic boost though, it's like any big city - quite a mix!

Regarding the whole New York, Washington D.C. area I have a tiny question... is it too cold to go there at the end of december-start of january? Would you say it is definitely better to go there around July?

My parents and I want to do a 10 day trip around that area... I'd like to go in December, but my father thinks it is just too cold to actually enjoy it. :thinking:

It's not like an unbelievably huge city...pretty normal sized, I think. :P All I remember from when I visited the museums, though, was how badly my feet ached every night. XD It's a really amazing place. :wacky:

It's great to hear from you, too! :nice: I haven't talked to you in forever. :P

I read that its population is more than 5 million people, that is almost twice the population of Uruguay and 3 times the population of Montevideo (Uruguay's capital) :lol:

It seems that there are a lot of museums to visit, i'll try to visit the most of them!

That's true, we haven't talked since a long time ago! :P

Regarding the whole New York, Washington D.C. area I have a tiny question... is it too cold to go there at the end of december-start of january? Would you say it is definitely better to go there around July?

My parents and I want to do a 10 day trip around that area... I'd like to go in December, but my father thinks it is just too cold to actually enjoy it. :thinking:

Well, that depends on what you consider "too cold". It's cold enough to snow at any time in December/January in that area. Almost always below freezing (32F/0C). I'm not sure, but I'd say the average temperature is more like 23F/-5C.

If your going to NYC you'll have to pass me first :awesome: I'm in NJ....i'm like a 100 mile radius near those Jersey Shore rejects -__-

GO TO THE AIR AND SPACE MUSEUM IN WDC!

It does get cold around here, but not that bad....with the occasional blizzard

Look inside your freezer, and in there is the weather in December and January. Actually worse!:laugh3: Nah, it's not that bad on the coastal side, least not so cold. Bring really warm mittens or gloves, really warm socks, and a nice warm hat. A warm coat too. If you're climate is kinda mild, it might be a bit of a surprise at first.. wear thermal underwear.;)

Thank you for the info guys... :)

Would you say then, the weather is kind of bad for going out/walking/visiting museums/making tourism? Our plan is to visit 3-4 cities (this includes Niagara falls) in 5-6 days so we're supposed to be active during that time. :thinking:

Thank you for the info guys... :)

Would you say then, the weather is kind of bad for going out/walking/visiting museums/making tourism? Our plan is to visit 3-4 cities (this includes Niagara falls) in 5-6 days so we're supposed to be active during that time. :thinking:

If you're prepared then it shouldn't be a problem.

i always thought you were older

well.. i'm not

Washington D.C.? CONGRATULATIONS!!!! It is an awesome city! I have been there a couple of times and the only thing I can tell you is that you're extremely lucky!!! If you want, I can recommend you some places...

Thanks!! Yeah I know!! I still can't believe this, i'm so excited that I can't pay attention in class :lol:

Please recommend me some places!! I want to know the most of it while i'm there!

NMAH | Kermit the Frog Comes Home to Washington[/url]

I am assuming you know that the Muppets are from DC?:wacko:

Thanks! I will! My father told me that the museums are free there, is that true?

And I didn't know that! Thanks for the info! :D