✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

[DLIBYH] Lyrics

Gigi88

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Man - wasn't an initial fan of the song based on it sounding like an amalgam of older songs but it perfect in that last trio of songs for the album and seals Mylo Xyloto as being one of their many masterpieces (more to come, i'm sure)

As far as lyrics - really love how Chris incorporates simple influences on him no matter the source (Kung Fu Panda 2, it's funny many people are impressed or laugh how much I remember from movies and incorporate or reference in my daily life, much like Chris or anybody with ADD and a good memory does)

Anyway, my interpretation of the lyrics is that song is less about heartbreak, and more about pushing on and fighting the good fight regardless of what's happened in the past.

AHT preceding it is brilliant especially with the same theme of MX - it's like their song/theme/signal or at least the movement's theme (kind of like Close Encounters Theme)- the way it starts off serene/blissful then boom right into the wide cinescape of the song - like he's running into an open field with new found hope and passion restored.

"And if I lost the map, If I lost it all" - the passion/love/hope has always been there - it will never go away (the MX theme is like the song Come What May in Moulin Rouge is for the two main characters)

"Or if I fell into a trap, Then she'd call" - it's like his lifeline - the hopeful transmission/theme/memories

"When you're tired of racing, And you find you never left the start" - he feels futile in his efforts like he's going nowhere, but she/theme is telling him perhaps it/she's always been there from the start (maybe subtle reference to The Scientist) or the love/passion never goes away, no matter what

"Come on baby - Don't let it break your heart" - Simple enough, no worries, be happy, fight on.

It continues with the theme of giving it your all/never giving up despite the heartache/scars/bruises -

"though we heavily bled, still on we crawl"

"Try to catch a cannonball" (Thanks Po from Kung Fu Panda 2, and perhaps Apple and Moses since he probably had to take them to see it)

"And a slowly burning tide is flowing through my veins" - He's reinvigorated with a fire to fight back despite the odds/or despite being brokenhearted

"From my shipwreck, I heard a call" - from his disaster/his lowest point - she or their song calls back to him

"When you're tired of aiming your arrows,

Still you never hit the mark

Even in your rains and shadows

Still we never gonna part" Pretty self explanatory - Though he feels helpless and his efforts futile, they will always have what they had, and the movement will win against all odds.

Come on baby - don't let it break your heart - really love the last minute of the song, and the heartbeat sound at the end - and then the transition into the equally magnificient and uplifting Up With The Birds.

God I would love to see close their concerts - it would be such a rush - honestly if they need to close with ETIAW (perhaps as a reprise (like another call to arms), or a final song they could ) - just UWTB into MMIX into ETIAW.

anyway, sorry for the long post - great song, really loving it, and man, Coldplay just keep delivering after all these years - I think this is as good as Viva (and I love Viva, I think it's one of their masterpieces too - actually love how each song is musically different in it instrumentation in Viva, but like the storyline/concept of MX). Cheers.

And if I lost the map

If I lost it all

Or fell into the trap

Then she’d call

‘When you’re tired of racing

And you find you never left the start

Come on baby

Don’t let it break your heart’

Though heavily we bled

Still on we crawl

Try to catch a cannonball

And a slowly burning tide

Through my veins is flowing

From my shipwreck I heard her call

‘When you’re tired of racing

Still you never hit the mark

Even in your rain and shadows

Still we’re never going to part

Come on baby

Don’t let it break your heart’

The last verse is so different than I thought. I like our version better =(

Our version is more accurate; there's no way Chris sings "When you're tired of racing" twice. There's nothing "official" about these lyrics, and it's embarrassing that they're being passed off as such. How they even ended up on coldplay.com is beyond me.

• 2 weeks later...

If you want the chords as well; here they are ! PS. They also come with a tight ass cover.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h9eogi3_Y0E]Coldplay - AHT + Don't Let it Break Your Heart Cover (Chords in Description) - YouTube[/ame]

• 3 months later...

the lyrics

Are you looking for the real lyrics? They're on the Coldplay website: http://coldplay.com/recordings.php

Don't Let It Break Your Heart

And if I lost the map

If I lost it all

Or fell into the trap

Then she'd call

'When you're tired of racing

And you find you never left the start

Come on baby

Don't let it break your heart'

Though heavily we bled

Still on we crawl

Try to catch a cannonball