✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Surprisingly, Wedding Bells is on MX.

Forty Two

I think the reason why Wedding Bells didn't make the cut is because the chords from the song were used for UFO.

Watch this video: [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oJB3t8O3wiY]Coldplay - Chris Marting singing Wedding Bells (unreleased/unfinished new song) - YouTube[/ame] and compare the guitar chords in the video and the beginning of UFO, you'll see what I mean.

I love how Coldplay recycles songs. :D

Defiantly noticed that on first listen, I just hope Wedding Bells creeps up somewhere later, either as a b-side or something. We know Chris worked for a while on that. Then again, Wedding Bells might turn into the "Bucket For A Crown" of MX.

I saw Chris say in an interview that UFO was the earliest song that made it to Mylo Xyloto and that he used the chord progression from it for many other songs because he liked it so much. Wedding Bells seems to be among those.

UFO was originally completely different, longer than now and with the full band and strings, then it was reduced to an acoustic part and strings, then reduced again and cut-and-paste into another track (the final part of the song explains this).

Anyway, UFO was Great Expectations before and Golden Arrow during the very first sessions...