✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Predicted Tour Show

The Duke

Now that we know all the tunes on Mylo Xyloto, what do you think their show will shape up for the MX Tour? Not being a festival closer, I expect it to be a little longer, probably in the 22-23 song range. Here's my dream show for the MX tour:

A Hopeful Transmission/Don't Let it Break Your Heart

Lovers in Japan

Yellow

Hurts Like Heaven

Life in Technicolor II

Paradise

Speed of Sound

Sparks

Violet Hill

Us Against the World

Charlie Brown

The Scientist

The Hardest Part

Princess of China

Shiver

Up in Flames

Politik

Up with the Birds

Clocks

Fix You

MMIX/Every Teardrop is a Waterfall

In My Place

Viva La Vida

Notes:

-I love the MX intro into Hurts like heaven, but I think going slightly different would be cool too and differentiate between the festivals and the tour

-I like how they do a big flourish at the end of Yellow and think that could have a cool transition into Hurts like Heaven

-Sparks and The Hardest Part would be a couple of cool songs to bring back for the tour

-I think there would be a lot of room for improve with a chris only version of Princess of China and I liked what little we heard of it live over the summer

-Up in Flames transitioning into Politic would make a killer yin/yang moment

-MMIX would give them a little time to get in place for the encore and I like how it leads into ETIAW

-The first time I heard the end of ETIAW I though it was tailor made for a transition into In My Place

That'd be a dream concert for me.

Songs they cannot stop to play :

- Yellow

- The Scientist

- GPASUYF

- VLV

- Clocks

- Fix You

- Politik

- Shiver

- Violet Hill

If they take out one of these, I'll be PISSED.

Songs from MX they have to play :

- Paradise

- ETIAW

- Charlie Brown

- HLH

- UATW

- Major Minus

Other songs they can play :

- Lost

- In My Place

- Life is for living

- ?Talk?

Would be cool. But the first songs, they cannoooooot stop playing them. I'd be so sad, especially for GPASUYF and VLV and Yellow!

MX/Hurts Like Heaven

Yellow

In My Place

Major Minus

Lost!

Princess of China

Paradise

Shiver

The Scientist

Violet Hill

GPASUYF

--------------

(>>acoustic b stage/back thing)

U.F.O

Us Against the World

--------------

Viva La Vida

Politik

Up in Flames

Charlie Brown

Every Teardrop is a Waterfall

_________

(>>encore)

Clocks

Fix You

DLIBYH (into) Up with the Birds

For me they will start with:

Mylo Xyloto

Hurts Like Heaven.

Then they'll continue with other songs and maybe an acoustic set.

And for the encore I think it would be could if they do it like this:

A Hopeful Transimission

Don't Let It Break Your Heart

Up With The Birds

Fix You

Every Teardrop Is A Waterfall

Now that we know all the tunes on Mylo Xyloto, what do you think their show will shape up for the MX Tour? Not being a festival closer, I expect it to be a little longer, probably in the 22-23 song range. Here's my dream show for the MX tour:

Lovers in Japan

Yellow

Hurts Like Heaven

Life in Technicolor II

Paradise

Speed of Sound

Sparks

Violet Hill

Us Against the World

Charlie Brown

The Scientist

The Hardest Part

Princess of China

Shiver

Up in Flames

Politik

Up with the Birds

Clocks

Fix You

In My Place

Viva La Vida

Notes:

-I love the MX intro into Hurts like heaven, but I think going slightly different would be cool too and differentiate between the festivals and the tour

-I like how they do a big flourish at the end of Yellow and think that could have a cool transition into Hurts like Heaven

-Sparks and The Hardest Part would be a couple of cool songs to bring back for the tour

-I think there would be a lot of room for improve with a chris only version of Princess of China and I liked what little we heard of it live over the summer

-MMIX would give them a little time to get in place for the encore and I like how it leads into ETIAW

-The first time I heard the end of ETIAW I though it was tailor made for a transition into In My Place

I LOVE this! This is like the perfect setlist! Although I really think they will end with Up With the Birds. And I reeeeeaaaaaally hope they bring back Lovers in Japan, its one of their best live songs.

Why are people STILL writing set lists with loads of songs on??

Coldplay have said themselves that they like to give 'short' shows, so as not to drag out the concert for too long.

In fact, Guy himself said it in the interview him and Will did at Rock in Rio.

I mean are you people serious?

A little turtle could probably write a more realistic setlist than some of you people :stunned:

Why are people STILL writing set lists with loads of songs on??

Coldplay have said themselves that they like to give 'short' shows, so as not to drag out the concert for too long.

In fact, Guy himself said it in the interview him and Will did at Rock in Rio.

I mean are you people serious?

A little turtle could probably write a more realistic setlist than some of you people :stunned:

I would be disappointed, long story short, sir.

I'm honestly anticipating 21-23 songs. To make you happy, hell, take away two of them! UFO and either Shiver or Strawberry! And if you didn't know the last leg of the American, as well as British Tour (Comcast Center to be exact) had 22-24 songs.

That was the perfect concert as it was just under 2 hours, as the standard is for most artists these days. My opinion is they stay like that, especially because they now have enough songs to make it a solid 2 hour show, that ISNT dragged out. The first gig (the 2nd leg of the viva tour) left us all feeling ripped off because it was so short, and I personally didn't feel what i felt at the end of EVERY other concert - those feelings would include completely satisfied for the $79.50/$98.50 i've spent on each ticket over various artists, most at the 98.50 mark, and it also included me feeling like it was the right time to go because all my energy successfully went into the show.

Fingers crossed for us apparently non-realistic non-turtles :surprised:

why don't you try putting all these songs together in a playlist on itunes or whatever, sub in the live ones when you can, and then tell me if you enjoyed it/if it flowed well/if you felt satisfied and realized that not only did time fly by, but it wasn't dragged out. Nothing is ever perfect, mind you. Or better - make your own thats 21-23 long. I'm sure you'll enjoy that.

MX TOUR

MX/Hurts Like Heaven

Lost!

God Put A Smile Upon Your Face

Yellow

Low

Major Minus

Princess of China

White Shadows

Spies

Charlie Brown

--B Stage--

U.F.O.

Green Eyes

Us Against the World

--------------

Paradise

Politik

In My Place

Up In Flames

A Hopeful Transmission/Don't Let It Break Your Heart

Up with the Birds

--Encore--

Clocks

Fix You

M.M.I.X./Every Teardrop Is A Waterfall

(^interchange with AHT/DLIBYH)

Lovers in Japan

Yellow

Hurts Like Heaven

Life in Technicolor II

Paradise

Speed of Sound

Sparks

Violet Hill

Us Against the World

Charlie Brown

The Scientist

The Hardest Part

Princess of China

Shiver

Up in Flames

Politik

Up with the Birds

Clocks

Fix You

In My Place

Viva La Vida

Notes:

these are really good, well thought-out ideas.

this would be a great concert!! (even though i havent even heard the album yet);)