What it means to Love

Hope

Sometimes when we love someone

We must take a step back

Hide the truth

Because if they were to know

Your love for them

It would truly be the very end

Ehh tis not a poem, just random words, but truth, sadly hahaha. Just a random thought I'd been pondering. My mind wanders.

We all have flaws, but its how we deal with them that makes a relationship work....and ladies, there are better guys for you then those popular drug addicts you call "fly."

but what if my popular drug addict treetz me g00d and buyz me diamondz?

We all have flaws, but its how we deal with them that makes a relationship work....and ladies, there are better guys for you then those popular drug addicts you call "fly."

I don't think I've ever called someone "fly" in my entire life

• 3 months later...

You can experience love (the love you are talking of) with many throughout your life. It is of course possible to only experience it with one if things go well with them, or if they go bad and you don't allow yourself to get over it, or don't find anybody else (which is often believed to a far greater extent than what is actually true - everyone think they will never love again).

Love is a chemical reaction that humans evolved in order for the two who conceive a child to stay together long enough to raise that child to then reproduce itself, thus continuing human life. Knowing this does not ruin the illusion and prevent love from taking place. After all, we have no choice in it. Being aware of why we feel it does not stop us feeling it. For some people it can depress them that love can be defined (which it can't be, it can merely be better understood) but they should find hapiness in the greater understanding of what they are experiencing and allow this knowledge to better inform their decisions when in a situation involving love. Knowing that love is a chemical reaction doesn't stop it being any more special than a guy having intercourse with a girl on the pill. Both know that they will not conceive a child, but it doesn't stop either the physical and/or spiritual side of what they are experiencing being overwhelming in a positive way, or for them to get whatever it is that they want from it.

Therefore, whilst I understand the sentiments of the choice words, I do not agree with them as such since I think the best way is to be forward (though not totally outright) with your feelings and not feel that it is the end to be spurned. It would be more likely to be the end if you didn't act out on it and let it continue in your own mind, the power of what you felt never reaching the heights it potentially could if it had not been hidden away.

...and she mentions it again.

:shrug:

I'm just curious why it's psychologically/physiologically impossible for some people to love another person (non-platonically, I mean). If humans, as Greg said, have evolved the chemical reaction we call love in order for the two who conceive a child to stay together long enough to raise that child, what's defective (....I hate to use that word to describe an inability to love) with the brains of those who are asexual/aromantic?