20 Fix You

21 Every Teardrop Is A Waterfall

-----------------

stadium.jpg

2012 UK stadium tour announced

11 November 2011 7:00 am

Dates in Coventry, London, Sunderland and Manchester confirmed

news_line.png

Good morning. We're very pleased to announce that Coldplay will play five UK stadium shows in summer 2012. The dates are as follows:

MAY

Tuesday 29 - Coventry Ricoh Stadium

JUNE

Friday 1 - London Emirates Stadium

Saturday 2 - London Emirates Stadium

Thursday 7 - Sunderland Stadium of Light

Saturday 9 - Manchester Etihad Stadium

Tickets, costing from £49.50, go on sale at 9am on Friday 18th November through gigsandtours.com / 0844 854 1360, ticketmaster.co.uk / 0844 847 2312, ticketline.co.uk / 0844 888 9991, ticketfactory.com / 0844 581 9900.

dates just announced for UK tour:D

Tickets, costing from £49.50, go on sale at 9am on Friday 18th November through gigsandtours.com / 0844 854 1360, ticketmaster.co.uk / 0844 847 2312, ticketline.co.uk / 0844 888 9991, ticketfactory.com / 0844 581 9900.

• Replies 357
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yayyyyyyy, about time lol. I live in birmingham which is 30 mins away from coventry, so I might buy tickets for these or wait until they announce a show in birmingham

I live in Birmingham too and I will go to this, not sure they will add dates for Birmingham, may play at Villa Park who knows

I live in Birmingham too and I will go to this, not sure they will add dates for Birmingham, may play at Villa Park who knows

Nah, I dont think they will do a stadium in birmingham, Im hoping though that they do NIA or something. But if nothings announced within a week, then Ill just end up trying to buy these

O2 pre-sale sold out according to Coldplay's FB:

http://www.facebook.com/coldplay/posts/175957739163877

I got my tickets for this via the presale thing :) I think this one was the last to sell out, i knew it would be anyway, so thats why i managed to get a ticket, all the others when i looked at it at 10am were sold out. If everything goes well, i should finally be seeing this great band next may :)

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I know they work very hard and are doing alot of dates all over the world, but does anyone know why they are doing so few dates in the UK? :(

You just answered the question urself lol.

Receive my tickets, turnstiles 24-27, so looks like ill be right at the back lol, which is not the best, but it should be good none the less, cannot wait! not looking forward to any of the support acts, this is coldplay, they coudve done better with the support acts. Though, im guessing Rita ora will be doing rihannas part for princess of china,after all she is being dubbed as the uk version of rihanna lol.

festcrowd.jpg

Extra tickets for UK dates on sale tomorrow

16 May 2012 4:05 pm

Tickets for all the UK stadium shows on sale from 9am

news_line.png

Good afternoon. Now that the stage designs and dimensions for Coldplay's upcoming UK stadium tour have been finalised, the promoters have been able to release some extra tickets for all of the shows. These tickets - which include standing tickets and good seats - will go on sale at 9am on Thursday morning (17th May) from the following links:

- Gigsandtours

- Ticketmaster

Please note that the number of extra tickets is limited and we expect them to sell quite quickly. The UK tour dates are as follows:

29 May 2012: Coventry - Ricoh Arena

1 June 2012: London - Emirates Stadium

2 June 2012: London - Emirates Stadium

4 June 2012: London - Emirates Stadium

7 June 2012: Sunderland - Stadium Of Light

9 June 2012: Manchester - Etihad Stadium

10 June 2012: Manchester - Etihad Stadium

Anchorman

Fans warned ahead of sell-out Coldplay concert

COLDPLAY fans have been urged to look at their Clocks when making their travel arrangements for the band’s concert at the Ricoh Arena next week.

The British rock band kick start their eagerly anticipated UK summer stadium tour in Coventry on Tuesday (May 29), where they will be greeted by a capacity sell-out crowd of just over 40,000.

And bosses at the Ricoh Arena have asked fans to allow plenty of time to reach the stadium since there will be changes to usual transport arrangements around the site.

"We are encouraging Coldplay fans to start planning their journeys now rather than making last-minute arrangements on the day," said Vaughan Pollard, deputy safety officer at the Ricoh Arena.

"All taxis will be directed to Tesco’s car-parks within the Arena Shopping Park via signs that will be installed to indicate where they should go and we are asking everyone to respect that.

"People will be dropped off and picked-up in the same area in the car-park which is near the service road round to the left of Tesco’s so we are asking everyone to be patient because there will be plenty of taxis arriving regularly.

"This location also applies to private hire vehicles and drivers should have verification of customers’ details to show to stewards to gain access to Arena Shopping Park.

"We don’t want anyone to be dropped off or picked up on the A444 to avoid anyone being injured by other vehicles and Arena Shopping Park provides a safe drop off and pick-up point.

"There will be a shuttle bus service running from Coventry railway station and Pool Meadow bus station which will drop off passengers at the top of the underpass near the Ricoh and pick-up in the same place as usual, priced at £5 for the round trip."

The turnstiles will open at 5pm and concert goers are urged not to bring umbrellas, large bags or alcohol which are prohibited items and there is no storage space available but small bottles of water will be allowed.

The usual park and walk sites will be in operation at Christ the King, Exhall Grange School, St Finbars FC and Holbrook Primary School, priced at £15. Bookings and directions are available from ricoharena.com

On-site car parking is also available at car parks A, B and C, priced at £20 plus booking fee which can also be booked by visiting ricoharena.com

The last train to London is 23.31 and the last trains to Birmingham New Street are at 00.10 and 01.13.

link

Rockers to perform at Coldplay’s VIP party after Coventry concert

1288866868.jpg

A CITY band are in Paradise over their latest gig announcement.

Mads Mods & Englishmen will be playing the exclusive after party on the back of Coldplay’s upcoming concert at the Ricoh Arena in Coventry in two weeks time.

Chris Martin and co are currently preparing for their latest UK and European tour and chose the MK group to perform at their post-show party.

But this isn’t the first time the band have been asked to perform in front of huge rock stars.

The Kings of Leon were first to snap up the Milton Keynes band last year for an after-show party and they went down a storm.

Keyboard player Steve Witcomb said: “The Kings of Leon party was incredible, full of VIPs and music industry bods. Since that night the phone hasn’t stopped ringing.”

The band have had a series of high profile gigs this year including supporting Bruce Foxton’s ‘From The Jam’.

Despite their hectic schedule the Mad Mods needed no persuasion to help out a good cause.

On Friday June 8, the band will be headlining a fundraising gig at The Pitz, Woughton Centre in aid of city charity Emily’s Star.

“It’s such a worthy cause we jumped at the opportunity to help out,” said Steve.

The band will be joined by Northampton reggae act The Bighead and award-winning DJ Jobi Wan.

For more information the concert, visit http://www.emilysstar.co.uk/events

link

coldplay-879116709.jpg

Police warn Coldplay fans to beware of pickpockets at Ricoh concert

POLICE are warning Coldplay fans to be on their guard against pickpockets when the band kick off their tour at the Ricoh Arena in Coventry next week.

A sell-out crowd of more than 40,000 are expected to fill the football stadium for the hotly-anticipated concert on Tuesday night. Police say the event could be a magnet for thieves and pickpockets and are urging fans to keep their wallets, mobile phones and car keys safe.

Chief Insp Kerry Blakeman, of Coventry Police, said: “For six months ticket holders have been eagerly anticipating the gig and we are working to minimise the potential for crime to ruin anyone’s memories of the evening. We’d encourage anyone attending the concert to make sure that any purses, wallets or phones are out of sight and not protruding from pockets or bags. Ideally don’t take a wallet, just loose cash and cards needed on the night.”

He added: “We’d also encourage those driving to the event to take a similar security stance with their vehicles, removing all valuable out of sight and ensuring all doors and windows are locked.”

http://www.coventrytelegraph.net