✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

[9-Jun-2012] Coldplay @ Etihad Stadium, Manchester, UK

• Replies 408
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Regular concerts normally don't get streamed, last week was an exception.

We were so lucky to have that stream!

Once in a while a fan will try and stream them, but they're not guaranteed every time. I think we're spoiled rotten with the amount we do get to hear online.::D

Why not? :( I'm seeing them tomorrow but I mean, it'd be nice to listen to them tonight aswell

Why should a concert be streamed? In my opinion none should ever be streamed..i'm not really a fan of youtube videos being allowed.

The paying customers should really be the only people that get to see the show.

I disagree, but only because there are people in some parts of the world who might never get to see a live show. And some too poor to afford tickets...like me,lol. I think we're lucky to have those streams and videos, but we can't expect every show to be available.

I disagree, but only because there are people in some parts of the world who might never get to see a live show. And some too poor to afford tickets...like me,lol. I think we're lucky to have those streams and videos, but we can't expect every show to be available.

Fair point but i don't like it when things are so freely available these days that people can be watching part of a show that is still going on.

I don't mind a show say being shown on TV a few months after the event. It's like going to the cinema knowing that people are watching a pirated copy at home at the same time.

Fair point but i don't like it when things are so freely available these days that people can be watching part of a show that is still going on.

I don't mind a show say being shown on TV a few months after the event. It's like going to the cinema knowing that people are watching a pirated copy at home at the same time.

Believe me, as a musician I know what you're saying. I'm sure there are illegal copies of my stuff out there. But it's not hurting Coldplay financially. My 'complaint' is that we've come to take things for granted that used to be nearly impossible to find. Bootlegs, videos etc. The easier it is to have something, the less we seem to fvalue it.

But this is probably a rant for another thread,lol.

I have so many live shows Coldplay have done, does that mean that they're better than seeing them live? No. I like listening to them all the time, live shows are great but seeing them is the best. I haven't yet before but by tomorrow I will have.

Anyway, the tickets are expensive so I don't see what's wrong with livestreams. I cannot afford to see them everytime they play live, simple as.

I have so many live shows Coldplay have done, does that mean that they're better than seeing them live? No. I like listening to them all the time, live shows are great but seeing them is the best. I haven't yet before but by tomorrow I will have.

Anyway, the tickets are expensive so I don't see what's wrong with livestreams. I cannot afford to see them everytime they play live, simple as.

All I'm saying is things are too freely available these days. I dont mind the odd stream here and there.

I'm the same with football. Far too much live football on which devalues it for the paying fans.

All I'm saying is things are too freely available these days. I dont mind the odd stream here and there.

I'm the same with football. Far too much live football on which devalues it for the paying fans.

But seeing it live is not the same as actually being there, whatever the event?

Live sports broadcasts are nothing new though, and they generate millions. I'm watching the match right now, and I'll probably never be able to afford to fly somewhere for a Euro or World Cup, unless it's held near here.

Again, I dont mind major championships being shown, its the saturation of football during a season that I hate. Theres sometimes 4 out of the 10 Premier League games live over a weekend, with the others being freely shown in pubs- sometimes down the road from the football stadium itself!