✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

[10-Dec-2011] Under 1 Roof charity show @ O2 Arena, London, UK

This is weird considering how fast the previous night was sold out. And one hour is like 2/3 of a Coldplay concert!

I bought one standing ticket :nice:

Funny, just got an email from gigandtours saying Coldplay performing headline set and tickets from only £29.50. However, they were £49.50 when I went in.

Maybe the ticket prices are getting cut...

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just think the timing of the announcement was really bad, people had just bought tickets for next summer's shows, and those who were waiting for a December 10 gig had already lost hope (I'm one of those, and now the flights are too expensive for that weekend, while they are cheap for the beginning of the week).

I'm sure the announcement was late because they were still finalising everything, but it's a pity that it's not selling well :/

It's advertised really well on ticketmaster though, Coldplay is the only artist mentioned

Funny, just got an email from gigandtours saying Coldplay performing headline set and tickets from only £29.50. However, they were £49.50 when I went in.

Maybe the ticket prices are getting cut...

The tickets for 409/411/412 are £29.50 (£32.45 with booking fee)

I just think the timing of the announcement was really bad, people had just bought tickets for next summer's shows, and those who were waiting for a December 10 gig had already lost hope (I'm one of those, and now the flights are too expensive for that weekend, while they are cheap for the beginning of the week).

I'm sure the announcement was late because they were still finalising everything, but it's a pity that it's not selling well :/

It's advertised really well on ticketmaster though, Coldplay is the only artist mentioned

Had it been billed as "Coldplay with special guests" rather than "numerous acts hosted by Coldplay" then it would have sold straight away. Now confusion reigns.

I suppose you have to be wary. I recently saw an advert for Frank Skinner and Friends which looked good until I scratched the surface and found out his friends were a load of fringe comedians and that Skinner was merely introducing them.

I'm hoping Stand Up & Rock is as much Rock as Stand Up, but in that case I like all the acts. I have no interest at all in Tiny Temper, whoever he is. He could be sitting next to me on the tube and I wouldn't know him.

Well it looks like all the extra promotion stating that Coldplay will be playing has worked, standing is now sold out and requests for 2 lower tier seats comes up with unavailable :)

They should play a full gig because they have charged full gig prices. In fact it should be more than a full gig given the charitable nature of the event :)

They're playing an hour, but you're missing the point of this. This isn't just a regular Coldplay gig with extra cool support.

It's a gig they've put together consisting of different acts, that's what you're paying for. To see lots of different artists under one roof. Like CiNRocks for example, no single artist played for longer than half an hour and that was £90 a ticket.

They're playing an hour, but you're missing the point of this. This isn't just a regular Coldplay gig with extra cool support.

It's a gig they've put together consisting of different acts, that's what you're paying for. To see lots of different artists under one roof. Like CiNRocks for example, no single artist played for longer than half an hour and that was £90 a ticket.

But the only additional act to the previous night is Tiny Temper (sic) . With all due respect, I don't think many will be turning up early to see him. IMHO the comedy interlude doesn't count.

Ok, at a festival, you accept you pay extra for other acts even if you are there for the headliners, but in this case this is great exposure for Tiny Temper (sic), he should be paying to be on the bill.

I bought a ticket for this yesterday on a whim... looks like I did it just in time, no standing tickets left! Wish that I'd got one for the 9th but hey, hopefully this will be good... plus I quite enjoy Tinie Tempah's songs (avoids the objects being pelted at me :P )

Ah you should've told me, I'd have got one too! :wacky:

Well I'll keep looking, I might be able to get one from somewhere :D

use CFCVG20 on viagogo and get £20 off b4 everyone piles in and the tickets start going for silly money. I'm hoping for a glut of tickets for Highbury in the summer. Glad I got the under 1 roof ones.

I picked up a couple yesterday afternoon, because I'm staying in London for the weekend because of the gig on the 9th. I was put off this one originally because of the price of the tickets and it wasn't clear what you were getting.

But on the off chance I had a look yesterday and saw the £29 tickets so decided to go for it when I saw they were doing an hour and I like Steve Coogan and my gf likes Tine Tempah so hopefully it should be a good night. I expect most of the tickets to go now after the apperance on the One Show last night. They must have been struggling to shift them I guess if they had to do that. Now its much clearer what is happening then I expect most of them will be sold in the next day or two.

I have spent so much on tickets the last two months with the two shows in the O2 and going to Manchester next year! But its worth every penny!!!

I got weak yesterday as well and bought a ticket, as I'm already in London for the gig the day before. Still not so sure what I will get, but I guess it will be good.

The whole thing certainly seemed to keep my mind busy. I had a weird dream with Rob Brydon last night. :D

Coldplay-007.jpg

Coldplay go public: four-year children's charity role revealed

Four years of support for Kids Company revealed with 02 Arena gig to boost funds for 'phenomenal' charity

They might be one of the world's biggest bands but, for four years, Coldplay have been keeping a secret. Chris Martin and his band members have been the biggest secret benefactors of Kids Company, the children's charity working with vulnerable young people in some of the most deprived areas of London.

Now the band, which has donated millions of pounds to the charity, have decided to go public. They have organised Under 1 Roof, a benefit gig next Saturday at the O2 Arena in London, at which they will headline. Chris Martin designed the logo and persuaded celebrity friends to take part, including Tinie Tempah, Emeli Sandé, Rob Brydon and Steve Coogan, who will appear as Alan Partridge. "Kids Company is a phenomenal organisation that is very close to our hearts," said Martin. "For a long time we were saving up to try to open a youth project, to help kids who didn't have much help, but that was as vague as it sounds. We went to the Prince's Trust for advice and they said we could do our own thing and it would be shit – or we could go see Camila [batmanghelidjh, founder and Kids Company CEO].

"After one meeting, we knew that was where we wanted to put our money. We had not thought past the Ping-Pong table aspect of creating a youth centre but watching Kids Company in action we suddenly realised, "oh right, it's actually about life skills, parenting, taking kids to the dentist" – all those things we took for granted but which Kids Company provides. It was very moving. We were blown away by it."

Martin and his band members used the money they had saved over 10 years to fund the creation of the Kids Company's Tree House centre in north London. They have given the organisation a substantial annual, no-strings donation every year since: in 2009 alone they donated £1m. In addition, they are frequent visitors to the charity's various centres: in the spring the band played a private concert for the children, encouraging them to take part. Martin has shared mealtimes with the children, played basketball with them and donated a piano.

He admits, however, a certain ambivalence at having ended his private support. "We wanted to put on a concert for awareness as well as fundraising. But the great thing about doing it privately was not having to talk to anyone about it," he said. "Eventually people find these things out but … when entertainers become public supporters of charities it's dangerous territory. You have to be careful about talking expertly about something you're not an expert on.

"It's a good thing too," he added, naming George Clooney as a celebrity who has successfully exploited his fame to achieve social good. "As long as people do it for the right reason and believe in what they're promoting, it's absolutely great. We will keep supporting Kids Company for as long as we can afford it. It's no more deep than wanting to do something nice but it's one reason that the state of the music industry is so worrying for us: we want to keep being involved," he added.

Batmanghelidjh praised the band's under-the-radar support: "The support Coldplay have given us over the years has been contrary to the dangerous trends emerging around celebrity involvement in charities," she said. "There is a pay-by-results culture developing, where philanthropists dictate the outcome of their donations."

Chesney was 10 when, last spring, she sang Silent Night to Coldplay at an impromptu concert they gave at one of the centres. The experience, she says, had a lasting impact. "They were so simple and so comforting, that it made me realise I didn't need money or jewels to be happy," she said. "They were so normal that I realised I should do stuff with my life that makes me fulfilled, like they are."

Latisha, 11, agreed. "They helped me write a song about anger. Chris Martin said he liked the way I expressed my feelings, then showed me the tattoos of his children's name on his wrist. They were so normal that I realised I could be a success, even though I was just normal too."

http://www.guardian.co.uk/music/2011/dec/02/coldplay-childrens-charity-kids-company?newsfeed=true

It's a beautiful thing that Coldplay have done for these kids. That article brought tears to my eyes. Kids need to know celebrities are just people like the rest of us, setting goals one day at a time, and trying to do the right thing. Hope these tickets sell.