✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

[17-Apr-2012] Coldplay @ Rexall Place, Edmonton, AB, Canada

Jenjie

• Replies 571
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I tried to not learn what the set list was until I see them next weekend but that just did not happen lol. Thrilled that Warning Sign was played because it's one of my favs and i've never heard it live before. Also so happy that they finally played DLIBYH, it's my favorite song from MX and I think that it will be just brilliant live. Counting down the days until I see them....

I tried to not learn what the set list was until I see them next weekend but that just did not happen lol. Thrilled that Warning Sign was played because it's one of my favs and i've never heard it live before. Also so happy that they finally played DLIBYH, it's my favorite song from MX and I think that it will be just brilliant live. Counting down the days until I see them....

Warning sign is my favorite song. By ANY band. They better keep it in till chicago!:veryangry2:

But with the band playing it live...? That sounds a little gimmicky to me, unless I'm not understanding it right.

Yeah, they played it live, I was really hoping Chris would sing the whole song himself, but it sounded like Rihanna's vocal track was played with the video...although it didn't sync up very well.

But with the band playing it live...? That sounds a little gimmicky to me, unless I'm not understanding it right.

It's actually fairly well established as a technique (if a little hokey.) U2 did it so they could "duet" with Lou Reed on ZooTV, and again to sing along with some astronaut guy on 360. I think other people have used it too. It is a gimmick, but Coldplay love their gimmicks.

Yeah, they played it live, I was really hoping Chris would sing the whole song himself, but it sounded like Rihanna's vocal track was played with the video...although it didn't sync up very well.

I think it hurts Chris' voice to sing both parts live. It might be out of his range.

Fucking. Amazing.

Another night to remember as I was at the last concert they had here in 2009. Both amazing shows. I have a video uploading right now, will post when its done.

.....Warning Sign totally caught me offguard, HUGE smile on my face!

Sounds like a great time!

What song do you have the video of?

Sounds like a great time!

What song do you have the video of?

I have the whole Back to the Future theme, with MX & Hurts Like Heaven. Good reaction to the Xylobands. It's at 50%ish right now so it'll take a little while if you guys wanna stay up and see it.

I have the whole Back to the Future theme, with MX & Hurts Like Heaven. Good reaction to the Xylobands. It's at 50%ish right now so it'll take a little while if you guys wanna stay up and see it.

Allright thanks...I will probably be up

How was DLIBYH?

(whats the deal with those inflatable butterflies)

Ugh. Sorry to those who like PoC, but subbing a tape for a LEAD vocal is more than a little hokey, imo. I'd rather not hear it that hear it that way.

It may well end up dropped before long. The starts of tours always find the set in a state of flux.

Allright thanks...I will probably be up

How was DLIBYH?

(whats the deal with those inflatable butterflies)

DLIBYH was amazing, if I had more space on my phone, I would've recorded it. It sounded just like I imagined, so glad they played it.

They were inflatable hearts in every second section stairwell in the upper bowl, they lit up and just sat there...thought they were gonna float or something, but it was a nice touch and made the song stand out.

I'm Jealous

I'm jealous for everyone who got to see them live tonight. I'm seeing them in Seattle, and I'm got floor seats which I believe are near one of the back rows. Can anyone tell me how the view was? I would figure as much, but it is a show that's a must see up close?

Yeah, I know. Though it's less likely since it's a current single and they've vuilt up so much tech around it. One can live in hope though,lol.

Yeah, but tech that proves a pain in the a#@ for the production also has a tendency to go away. It certainly happened on the Viva tour. (from reports their initial production rehearsals were completely different tech wise from the show that actually made it onto the road.)