✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

[17-Apr-2012] Coldplay @ Rexall Place, Edmonton, AB, Canada

Jenjie

• Replies 571
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To be honest,the setlist is OK but nothing special IMO...i really hope and expect some more songs during the next stages. I´m a bit disappointed that from the first 6-7 Songs nothing has been changed,the same order as in winter :(

Eh, by this point you should know what you're getting with a Coldplay show. It's just the way they do things, expecting anything different just sets yourself up for disappointment.

Eh, by this point you should know what you're getting with a Coldplay show. It's just the way they do things, expecting anything different just sets yourself up for disappointment.

Look, i would be the happiest man on earth if they could do some changes in the first songs from show to show ;) I think nobody would cry if In my place or GPASUYF would be missing sometimes...I dont say always,but it would be nice to hear songs like Talk or 42 again :)

They dont need to change everything or a lot of the setlist but it would be a bit more surprising to hear an other song after Yellow or Violet Hill ;)

My mini Edmonton Review

I’m just going to keep this short & sweet – if anyone has any specific questions that they would like me to go into detail let me know, I’ll do my best to answer them :)

I purchased VIP tickets so my friend and I were on the floor 6th row in the middle between main stage, catwalk and the X-stage. We checked in early at our designated sign-in time and got our VIP tickets, lanyard and Xylobands. Our t-shirt, lithograph and “exclusive tour gift” are going to be mailed out to us sometime next week. I was able to obtain a copy of the rehearsal schedule from Monday evening (yes, the boys were in town Monday morning. They spent most of their afternoon and evening at Rexall rehearsing, and rehearsing), and no I did not feel the need to post any sighting info or the set list in advance. I’m sure I’ll get asked why and the answer is while I am a pretty big Coldplay fan, when they aren’t on duty (ie: show day) it isn’t in me to go out of my way to attempt to find them or post any spoilers. My friend and I also took sometime to visit the Oxfam booth. Please, do visit them if you go to a show :)

Here’s the rehearsal set list and set list from Tuesday evening

coldplayrehearsalsetlis.jpg

coldplaysetlist.jpg

Glad they were able to slightly mix up the set list from what they had during the first leg of the MX tour.

The experience seeing them again was magical and brilliant. I was just a baby when they first came to Edmonton in 2003 and they have been on my bucket list since. When they returned in 2009 my mind was completely blown away and Tuesday night was no exception. I was impressed with POC, such a shame to those who weren’t into it. The Xylobands were fabulous, it was a pleasure meeting the man behind the Xylobands – Jason Regler. It was a quick encounter; he seemed shocked when I called him out, asking if he was Jason. We exchanged a few words and I was on my way.

Now for some pics :)

cp22.jpg

cp20g.jpg

cp15.jpg

cp1m.jpg

cp13.jpg

cp24.jpg

cp26.jpg

cp30o.jpg

cp12h.jpg

cp5r.jpg

Please credit me if you do use these photos – Anton Atienza/@antonatienza (I left them untagged for all of your viewing pleasure)

Enjoy!!

Look, i would be the happiest man on earth if they could do some changes in the first songs from show to show ;) I think nobody would cry if In my place or GPASUYF would be missing sometimes...I dont say always,but it would be nice to hear songs like Talk or 42 again :)

They dont need to change everything or a lot of the setlist but it would be a bit more surprising to hear an other song after Yellow or Violet Hill ;)

I totally get that, It's just that at this point, it's pretty clear (IMHO) that that's never gonna happen. I just think that people tend to hype themselves up with expectations that run counter to the band's entire pattern of behavior for the last 10 years, only to get let down when the band continue to do things they way they've always done them.

I'm not talking about what Coldplay should do, only what experience tells me they will do.

Viva La Vida

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nVqFQXM4DSo]Coldplay in Edmonton - Viva la Vida - YouTube[/ame]

Paradise

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n24Kjh31fiM]Coldplay - Paradise - Edmonton, April 17, 2012 - YouTube[/ame]