✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

[17-Apr-2012] Coldplay @ Rexall Place, Edmonton, AB, Canada

Jenjie

Yeah, but tech that proves a pain in the a#@ for the production also has a tendency to go away. It certainly happened on the Viva tour. (from reports their initial production rehearsals were completely different tech wise from the show that actually made it onto the road.)

True. I think there's something about that in McGinn's book too. Haven't got that far, but others have said as much.

Hope springs eternal,lol.

• Replies 571
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How long was the show?! Hope it was at least 1h40...

Some people posted on this earlier. Apparently, it was right around their usual 95 minute mark. In terms of songs though it was slightly longer than the opening Viva dates and last years UK dates.

Some people posted on this earlier. Apparently, it was right around their usual 95 minute mark. In terms of songs though it was slightly longer than the opening Viva dates and last years UK dates.

Ok thank you! Sorry for the double post ;)

Too bad it's shorter than in 2009, the ticket price is still the same =P

So they just hand out the Xylobraclets at the door? They are radio controlled and just light up all the same time?

They had huge barrels of xylobands at the entrances, everyone gets one. They are all controlled by the tech guys on the computers, unless they actually react to music, which I would believe. Friend of mine's band was lit up during the opening acts for some reason, but hers was the only one in the building that lit up that early haha.

Ok thank you! Sorry for the double post ;)

Too bad it's shorter than in 2009, the ticket price is still the same =P

Not sure what the Euro dates were, but this set was actually 2 songs longer than when I saw them in 2009.

Finally a return for 'Warning Sign'. By the way, it says on the setlist there was a c-stage...was there really?

Us Against The World was played in the crowd amongst fans, so yes there was. I have a video of that as well, I will post it tomorrow.

They had huge barrels of xylobands at the entrances, everyone gets one. They are all controlled by the tech guys on the computers, unless they actually react to music, which I would believe. Friend of mine's band was lit up during the opening acts for some reason, but hers was the only one in the building that lit up that early haha.

There was a whole thing on this last year. They are controlled by a tech at the mix position, but apparantly, they're also very sensitive to vibration and humidity both of which can cause them to go wonky. (and both of which exist in spades at your average concert.:D)

Great that the tour finally kicked off! I'd expected them playing POC, and thank god they did. Can't wait to see the video of how that turned out. Was it kinda the way Queen nowadays play Bohemian Rhapsody live, with Freddie playing along on a screen?

And yes! Finally DLIBYH, we we're all dying to hear that one played live! Lucky you who were there to hear it live for the first time ever.

Can't wait for the vids!

Yeah, the second leg of the North American tour was better.

I saw them November 18, 2008 in Houston, and July 22, 2009 at the Woodlands Pavillion was way better.

Then the March 6, 2010 show in Mexico City just blew the pants off of everything.

Yeah, the second leg of the North American tour was better.

I saw them November 18, 2008 in Houston, and July 22, 2009 at the Woodlands Pavillion was way better.

Then the March 6, 2010 show in Mexico City just blew the pants off of everything.

I saw them on the 2nd leg though. Guess I just got the crap show in a bunch of good ones.:veryangry2: (actually, it wasn't crap at all, just shorter than the ones you guys are talking about.)