✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

[4-Sep-2012] Coldplay @ RheinEnergieStadion, Cologne, Germany

Jenjie

• Replies 536
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

on tuesday i took my first trip to cologne to see coldplay at the rheinenergie stadium. i took the train from here in essen to the main station in cologne, where the view of the towering cathedral greeted me as i walked out of the main doors. i stood in awe for a solid five minutes, taking in its massiveness (as well as the whistling tunes of a busker nearby). i can’t wait to go back to cologne again & explore. coldplay were awesome. i managed to get in front row position at the end of the main middle runway stage, so for a good number of songs they were literally playing right in front of me! the opening songs were my favourite as they were when all the confetti came, the giant balloons, fireworks etc etc. so i can now tick seeing coldplay off my bands to see live list! in the next few months maybe i will see grizzly bear, the black keys, michael kiwanuka, the civil wars & two door cinema club, as they are all coming to do shows nearby.

[thanks Rachel Walker]

http://thisisrachelwalker.com/2012/09/08/cologne/

Last night we went to Cologne. There was the British band Coldplay frontman Chris Martin to a gigantic open-air concert. And we were among the 45,000 spectators.

However, we had only once come there. Because that was easier said than done. Typically you need to track only 35-45 minutes. But we were almost 2.5 hours on the road. And, although we did not even had to find a parking space, since we could park at a friend who practically live right on Stadium. So we are going to 18h and 20:45 h were only towards the stadium. The performance of the opening band Marina and the Diamonds was long gone, of course, but that's why we were not come.

At about 21:15 we were off and we were directly from our seats in row 14 from the stage, a great sight. The stage was completely open, thus not covered. The unused bleachers behind the stage were covered with dark cloths and on the stage, there were five large circular canvases that Mr. me very much of " Screen "reminded that since the tour of Pink Floyd" has used Dark Side Of The Moon "for all concerts.

And the spectacle began brilliantly really. The first song, "Mylo Xyloto" and "Hurts Like Heaven" started with fireworks, lasers, confetti rain and a brute sound I though sometimes was a little too loud. But I do not know if this was anywhere in the stadium felt this loud. And there was something new: 45,000 synchronous flashing bracelets! The bracelets, which was presented with every fan in different colors at the entrance flickered and flashed in time to the music. Thus, all the spectators were by clicking on part of the giant light show. Madness!

Coldplay is the first band called Xylobands used at your concerts. The bands are made of a nylon band (in green, blue, yellow, red, pink and white), which are more appropriately colored LEDs and a small plastic box in which the electronics of the radio receiver and the batteries are located. The LEDs can be driven by a transmitter central. According Xyloband the site itself, the different colors can also be controlled separately. But that was not the case yesterday. Even before the concert and at the end was pointed very heavily on disposal in the containers provided. However, I have not seen a think tank and also hard to believe that many of the bands have delivered again. Coldplay reportedly heard the company that sells the bracelets. However, I could not find any information about this binding. The name and the design of the site, however, indicate that Coldplay are at least involved.

The first round, which is the first adoption of the band was already after an hour. After a few minutes it went further and even Chris Martin suddenly stood with his guitar in the middle of the rear interior on a small stage. After the first few bars were added to the other band members and played "Speed ​​of Sound" in an acoustic version. Toll. Especially because we were not far away. Then we went directly to the audience and is returned to the big stage, where with "Clocks", "Fix You" and "Every Teardrop is a Waterfall," the grand finals were played. Of course, with fireworks and flashing Xylobands.

All in all a terrific concert evening worked in perfect weather for a place in September-find open air and the return trip even quite smoothly.

[thanks Thomas Mielke]

http://www.mielke.de/blog/Coldplay-Open-Air-in-Koeln--364/

http://www.general-anzeiger-bonn.de/...cle849996.html

Concert in Cologne

Coldplay enchanted / thrilled 45,000 fans in the Rhein-Energie-Stadion

By Ronald Krüger / translated & edited by Nancy Boysen

COLOGNE. "At the end of their set “Marina & The Diamonds" created the right atmosphere for the main event of the evening. "One, two, three" – everyone in the Rhein-Energie-Stadion is to hold the arms up in the air. An unnecessary effort. 45,000 fans aged between 15 and 45 have come with the aim of experiencing Coldplay, one of today’s greatest stadium bands.

When it is finally 21.10 o’clock (9.10pm central European time), Jay Z’s "99 Problems" can be heard. The purpose of this intro becomes clear much later in the concert, as in "Speed of Sound" Chris Martin sings a “Happy Birthday” to Beyoncé , who is the wife of his friend Jay Z, and who celebrates her 31st birthday on 4 September.

After the short instrumental title track off the new, fifth studio album "Mylo Xyloto", Coldplay kicks off their concert in an extremely dynamic way with "Hurts Like Heaven". Confetti cannons and radio-controlled flashing wristbands in bright colours transform the stadium into a sea of lights - a child’s birthday and New Year combined.

The effect is overwhelming, and Chris Martin’s promise to deliver "the best show that you have experienced" sounds convincing despite the extremely high bar set. You do not have to be a diehard Coldplay fan to remember the following 100 minutes as an unforgettable evening. It is the perfect combination of light effects and music that makes the concert a complete artwork.

Chris Martin jumps, runs with flailing movements back and forth on the stage. A big kid embraces the world. You can be sure that everything has been rehearsed, nothing is left to chance. When, at the end of the ballad "The Scientist", a moved Chris Martin calls the audience in Cologne the best audience in the world, you know that it is a lie. He will also say that in the following concert in the Hague – probably at the end of “The Scientist”, because it is intended to be said at the end of this ballad.

However, his gesture of embracing the world is authentic. Here a romantic inspires the world. The great solemn gestures are dangerously on the edge of kitsch. For this, Coldplay is slapped by the music critics. To be an “emotional uncle” is a harmless variant. In “God Put a Smile Upon Your Face”, again the band baptizes the stadium in a universe of thousands of bright lights. 45,000 people merge with a simple wristband idea, lots of confetti, big balloons and a convincing attitude to a big community.

Chris Martin, Jonny Buckland, Will Champion and Guy Berryman are predictable as a band. Those who attended their concert in December 2011 in the Lanxess-Arena are offered the same setlist. Almost all numbers on the new album are played plus some old hits such as "In My Place", "Yellow", "Warning Sign" and "Clocks".

Enthusiasm knows no boundaries in "Viva la Vida". The same applies to Chris Martin who – theatrically - drops to the stage floor that is covered with confetti. Time and place make the difference tonight (on 4.9.12) when the great emotions are celebrated. Coldplay can spellbind (enchant) the stadium audience on a lovely, warm summer evening. Nobody can copy/imitate that so fast.

Article from 05.09.2012

hi all, i know it's little bit late to post a review, but i was so busy this week :sick:

okay, let's begin. sorry for my english :sick:

I woke up at 5 AM even I had a seating ticket, because my train was at 7.30 am from Nürnberg to Köln. I was really really excited, couldn't eat anything. I changed 1 bus, 2 trains and one trams, and finally I was in front of the stadium! there were 2 other coldplayers in front of me on the way to stadium, when we first saw the stadium and they were playing paradise (they played it billion times), we screamed so much hahhaha :D then i met other cpers in queue, they were so nice :blush: :blush: they brought so many things to eat, but it was SO hot, i only drunk water and juice..! and some cakes :wacky:

when we were waiting in queue, one of that turkish secuirty guy told me that he could take me in to FOS, i was so happy to hear that, but after he said, there will be another control inside, so he can not take me in :sick: okay, anyway, then I got my xyloband, aaand at the first time I saw that spectecular stage, I was shocked, couldnt move 2 mins... security guy asked me if I was ok,if I was shocked :lol: I said, yes, this is my first concert man!! unbelievable! he laughed me hahah :D :D then I found my seat, yeah it was in such a worst place ever, I knew that it was bad....I sat down, was almost going to cry, but then I saw PHIL HARVEY! rest of the phil harvey story can be found here : http://www.coldplaying.com/forum/showpost.php?p=5405303&postcount=2286 he was so cute!!!

Charlie xcx and marina was good. then it was time for coldplay. 99 problems started to play, the girl next to me screamed, and me also :awesome: I thought that everybody was gonna watch the show with sitting, like watching a theatre or something. but NO HELL NO. after 99 problems, people behind me stood up, me also, and that scream girl, and the whole tribune were standing!! back to the future started to play.... I was almost gonna faint, so much emotions! I listened & watched billions of concerts & interviews of coldplay, and i've never thought that one day I'll see them live. this was unreal for me. I still feel like, I was in a livestream, not in a real concert.

then you all know, MX started, xylobands, HLH....... everybody was screaming, shouting, jumping, it was amazing.

for me, every song was so special, confetties, baloons, xylobands, in my place ending, god put a smile ending, viva la vida chant, jonny at major minus, guy's smile, will and his perfect voice at us aganist the world. and yeah WARNING SIGN. I've waited for this song for 3 years. this was the song that I started to love coldplay :nod:

honestly, I always thought, chris' voice is not good enough at the live performances. I don't know why I was thinking this, maybe it's because of some stupid comments on the internet.

but NO NO NO. his voice is perfection. how strong, how deep, how smooth everything. his speaking voice is the cutest thing ever, and his German :dazzled:

at the end of the show, I was in somewhere else, not in the real life. I read so much reviews here, everybody was saying the same thing 'on the clouds'. yeah, definetely. when they were saying goodbye to us, I really wanted to go to stage, shake their hands and thank them for their music and their personality.

and my journey to go back home began, i waited 3-3,5 hours at köln train station, it was not so boring, there were so much people, and some people from concert. then i got on my train to home, slept well, and saw Coldplay in my dream, it was so real hahhaha :lol:

I was planning to go to Hannover concert, but i cant :cry: :cry: :cry: because some problems showed up,I have to stay in Turkey one more week..:sick: I really wanted to see them one more time, because MX tour is over next year. I have a little hope to see them in Turkey next summer or in Germany, but yeah just a little hope :/ :cry:

some of my vides, they are not in a good quality :\

chris was walking to our side while i was taking video and I'm going crazy :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: such a fangirl :P

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e0Wpw59zgS4&feature=channel&list=UL]04-09-2012 Rheinenergie Stadion, Cologne, Germany- Lovers in Japan.mp4 - YouTube[/ame]

amazing yellow beginning

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R8qUvjGPUF0&feature=channel&list=UL]04-09-2012 Rheinenergie Stadion, Cologne, Germany- Yellow.mp4 - YouTube[/ame]

this is my favorite one , beginning of fix you.. his voice :bomb:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xwgw_-E-QC8&feature=channel&list=UL]04-09-2012 Rheinenergie Stadion, Cologne, Germany- Fix You.mp4 - YouTube[/ame]

the end...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpF-_YHNF9w&feature=plcp]the end - YouTube[/ame]

2a8ounp.jpg

2nq8ex0.jpg

040920122045.jpg

040920122046.jpg

040920122048.jpg

040920122053.jpg

everybody is waiting!!!

040920122054.jpg

040920122055.jpg

040920122056.jpg

xylobands!

040920122058.jpg

040920122059.jpg

040920122061.jpg

040920122066.jpg

the end..

040920122069.jpg

040920122070.jpg

and Kölner Dom, I heard it from an interview that Chris and Will love this building :wacky: :wacky:

040920122071.jpg

what a perfect picture, i was so lazy to turn on the night-mode :lol: