Koelner Stadtanzeiger Sep 5th

2l9ahoy4.jpg

Koelner Stadtanzeiger, Bonner Generalanzeiger, Express Sep 5th

kstabngaexp0509.th.jpg

Koelner Stadtanzeiger Sep 6th

ksta0609.th.jpg

Express (traffic Jam) Sep 6th, Bild-Zeitung Sep 5th

exp0609bild0509.th.jpg

ohh it's impossible to find kölner zeitung in Nürnberg :bomb: :bomb: I can just buy welt kompakt, anyway thanks for posting :wacky:

that security guys :lol: :lol: first two were Turkish, also at the other gate, 3 of them were Turkish hahhaa :D

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c4aC3FQLBIc]Coldplay - Yellow (2012-09-04 - Cologne) - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sN4ML2UsIFQ]Coldplay - Up In Flames (2012-09-04 - Cologne) - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3jWJxVjcrck]Coldplay - Fix You / Every Teardrop Is A Waterfall (2012-09-04 - Cologne) - YouTube[/ame]

I'll be in Munich next week, too. Got seats there and will record the complete show. I want to make a multicam DVD, so if anyone wants to help by filming a bit (in HD if possible), plz contact me.

I can understand when You girls are into roadies, but do You favour security guys over British soft rock stars now???

LOL who knows :wink3:

Hell naw! :lol: We were just trying to kill the 9 hours of waiting time by chatting/having fun with those guys. They were totally cool btw :cool2:

I can understand when You girls are into roadies, but do You favour security guys over British soft rock stars now???

lol!

Well, not really, but they really kept us entertained all day. And I think they now like the band as we were playing Codplay on Thalia's little cube all day and they got really interested in some of the songs. I hope they saw the concert!

http://www.bild.de/regional/koeln/lady-gaga/promis-in-koeln-26034900.bild.html

WELTSTARS AM RHEIN

Lady Gaga and Coldplay in Cologne

And 45 000 Fans celebrated Coldplay in the stadium!

So cool, Coldplay!

Von JÖRG HAKENDAHL / translated & edited by Nancy Boysen

Last November Coldplay gave an intimate club concert in front of a few hundred fans at the event location “E-Werk”. Last night they played in front of a much larger crowd. Rheinenergie-Stadion. 45,000. Sold-out concert. Coldplay! Best stadium band in the world!

At 21.15 o’clock (9.15pm central European time) there was an outcry from 45,000 throats in the dark night sky over Müngersdorf (district in Cologne). Then the first beats / bars of the latest album „Mylo Xyloto“ could be heard from the “mountains of boxes”, i.e. loudspeakers. Frontman Chris Martin ran across the stage like a Dervish.

In almost 2 hours Coldplay proved once more that they are the kings of stadion rock. Confetti cannons. Golden rain. Laser show. Fog machines. And 23 smashing hits. A perfect show accompanied by amazing, glowing wristbands/bracelets on the arms of the fans.

Immediately after the show the British band flew back to London in a private jet.

Hello guys :)

Here's the second Jelena :)

That are amazing pictures !

I thought the last concert in cologne would be fantastic but this one was absolutely the best I've ever seen in my life. It was totally awesome!

Thank you guys for this beautiful day :)

Hello guys :)

Here's the second Jelena :)

That are amazing pictures !

I thought the last concert in cologne would be fantastic but this one was absolutely the best I've ever seen in my life. It was totally awesome!

Thank you guys for this beautiful day :)

Heyyy I'm Thalia! Great that you found your way to the forum! :dance:

It was really, really spectacular!

http://www.welt.de/newsticker/news3/article109008827/Coldplay-begeistern-die-Fans-beim-ersten-Deutschland-Konzert.html

Coldplay thrilled the fans at their first concert in Germany on this tour

A thrilling show by the British band in Cologne in front of an audience of 45,000 people

Köln (dapd-nrw). The title track off the well-known science-fiction film series "Back to the Future" is the first music that the audience of 45,000 people hear at the sold-out Rhein-Energie-Stadion in Cologne. This piece of music is the mental preparation for the first German concert by the British pop-rock-band Coldplay on their international stadium tour. It is a show of superlatives – a concert can hardly be more full of effects / effective, more creative and more dynamic. For almost 2 hours this Tuesday evening, the musicians around frontman Chris Martin thrilled the audience with songs off their latest album "Mylo Xyloto", but also with songs off their previous studio albums.

After only 2 songs the 35-year-old lead singer Martin is lying on the floor, very sweaty and with closed eyes. He shouted to the audience that today he would play "the best concert of his life". The singer is surrounded by an ocean of lights flashing and glowing in all colours of the rainbow – the fans were wearing wristbands that had been distributed before the concert and that started to light up/illuminate the stadium when activated synchronously by a central signal . A spectacular effect.

Behind the stage were huge round video screens on which you could see live footage of the concert and sophisticated video effects. Golden sparks and red-glowing fireworks, futuristic lasers and tons of confetti showed the audience in Cologne what you have to do in order to spellbind the audience in a stadium - also visually.

Coldplay were also meeting the high expectations musically. This evening Coldplay did not only play current songs such as "Mylo Xyloto", "Hurts Like Heaven" or "Charlie Brown", but also the classics. Chris Martin sang "The Scientist" and "Clocks" with passion (devotion) and emotion (feeling). It seemed as if even the audience felt the passion of every single word. The melancholy hymns "Viva La Vida" and "Paradise" were the highlights of the show – a moment of goosebumps as the entire stadium sang the chorus of "Viva La Vida", louder than the hymn of 1. FC Köln which is normally sung here at this stadium.

After one hour and twenty minutes the members of the band that has sold more than 55 million albums worldwide said goodbye to their fans for the first time this evening. "Thank you for making sure that I feel so fucking good“, said the clearly exhausted singer Martin who had previously been running back and forth on the stage like mad. After some minutes of applause and jubilation the first extra followed:The four musicians appeared on a small stage (like an island) on the other side of the stadium - one by one - and they played "Us Against The World". They dedicated this song to their artist colleague Beyoncé who had celebrated her 31st birthday on Tuesday 4 September. After four more songs it was finally over: The 45,000 people in the audience rewarded the band with a more than one-minute-long applause and jubilation.

On their tour, that has been ongoing since May, Coldplay is only playing big stadiums and outdoors (in open-air venues). The other concerts in Germany are in Leipzig, Munich and Hannover.

dapd / translated and edited by Nancy Boysen

© Axel Springer AG 2012. Alle Rechte vorbehalten = all rights reserved

Coldplay - Yellow (2012-09-04 - Cologne) - YouTube[/url]

I'll be in Munich next week, too. Got seats there and will record the complete show. I want to make a multicam DVD, so if anyone wants to help by filming a bit (in HD if possible), plz contact me.

Sehr geil - was für eine Kamera nutzt du?

http://www.stern.de/kultur/musik/coldplay-konzert-in-koeln-grellbuntes-pop-spektakel-und-funkgesteuerte-armbaender-1889778.html

Colourful pop show and radio-controlled wristbands

To kick off their stadium tour, Coldplay promised the best show of all time. And the concert in Cologne was at any rate spectacular – but many concert-goers found it too short.

Fireworks, confetti shower and a sea of lights produced by thousands of lit wristbands: At the opening concert of their German stadium tour Tuesday night in Cologne, the successful British band Coldplay made it clear from the beginning that their fans could expect a big pop show.

"It is a honour to be allowed to play here", so singer Chris Martin greeted the 45,000 fans in German in the sold-out RheinEnergieStadion, and then he confidently announced that this evening they would play the best show of all time.

And the enthusiastic audience did experience / witness a successful live performance during which the husband of actress Gwyneth Paltrow, frontman Chris Martin, tried to give his best performance.

Confetti in the face

Again and again the singer who performed in a casual, turquoise T-shirt encouraged the fans to sing-along and clap-along, he danced, jumped and crawled across the stage. Impressive pictures were shown on the large circular video screens,as at the end of the hit "Viva La Vida" he dropped on stage – exhausted and sweaty – and covered his face with confetti.

Once more the successful British quartet, Chris Martin, Jonny Buckland, Will Champion and Guy Berryman, proved that not only can they produce catchy hits, but they can also be a really good live-band / band live.

In a beautiful atmosphere of late summer, Coldplay demonstrated the rare ability to spellbind all the concert-goers at the stadium. Musically, the band - that succeeded in breaking through 12 years ago with their debut album „Parachutes“ - delighted the audience with a big repertoire of well-known numbers that invited the fans to loud communal singing – over and over again.

90 mimutes of concentrated hits

During the about 90-minute-long show Coldplay had a number of great hits in the luggage - from early songs such as "Yellow" over hits that have already become classics such as "In My Place" to the current hitsingle "Hurts Like Heaven". Some fans had wished for a longer show.

The quartet gave a committed performance. The familiar, melodic, emotional songs gave the band the power that is necessary for a stadium concert.

As was the case with the arena-tour that Coldplay had kicked off – also in Cologne - at the end of last year, the Britpoppers tried to impress with a spectacular show.

The stadium is transformed into a sea of lights

Whether balloons painted in bright colors and floating through the stadium, whether blue-pink glowing butterflies or fireworks fountains at the beginning and at the end of the show - again they amazed the audience.

The flashing wristbands - that were distributed / handed out to the audience before the concert - turned out to be particularly effective. They were radio-controlled and lit up / illuminated the stadium in different colours for a few songs and transformed the stadium into a sea of colourful lights.

Within the next 2 weeks Coldplay will give 3 more concerts in Germany: In Munich (on 12 September, Olympiastadion), in Leipzig (on 14 September, Red Bull Arena) and Hannover (on 22 September, AWD-Arena).

Awarded 4 stars = **** (out of 5 possible / 20 people participated)