✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

I don't know what to do with my life.

Brent

Cool. Now you know what to do with your life.

Out of curiosity... why is it the most interesting field for you? Oncology.

In medicine, that is :)

I like it because cancer is an enigma. The more we know about it, the more we realize how little we know. I think that's a really fascinating quandary.

That, and the way cancer works is really neat. I doubt you're interested in the science behind it, but there's a ton of different ways that it can be triggered: Genetics/diet/environment/nothing/etc. That, and I have had two friends die of cancer and I have always equated a certain resonance with cancer, heartbreak and grave illness. It's tough to deal with, and I am proud to join the fight against it (humbled, too).

It sounds cheesy, but it kind of feeds the literary, right-brained side of my head when I step back and look at it through different lenses. It's really cool/morbid/fascinating/devastating/beautiful/sad. I don't know. I've just always been kind of attached to it as an emotional force as well as its educational value.

So, thanks everyone, again. You helped me step back and look at it critically. I was really relaxed when I made my decision instead of my usual uptight self, and if I didn't have an outlet, I may not have made a good decision.

You guise were all like

me ----> :hug: <------Coldplayers

:dazzled:

I owe you one.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am officially enrolled in their MD/PhD program in oncological research (cancer research). It's the most interesting field for me, so I am confident that it will work out!

I'll be able to write while I'm there (scientific papers), and while it's not fiction, it will keep my skills sharp for later in life.

You remind me of Wilson from House (the tv-show)

In medicine, that is :)

I like it because cancer is an enigma. The more we know about it, the more we realize how little we know. I think that's a really fascinating quandary.

That, and the way cancer works is really neat. I doubt you're interested in the science behind it, but there's a ton of different ways that it can be triggered: Genetics/diet/environment/nothing/etc. That, and I have had two friends die of cancer and I have always equated a certain resonance with cancer, heartbreak and grave illness. It's tough to deal with, and I am proud to join the fight against it (humbled, too).

It sounds cheesy, but it kind of feeds the literary, right-brained side of my head when I step back and look at it through different lenses. It's really cool/morbid/fascinating/devastating/beautiful/sad. I don't know. I've just always been kind of attached to it as an emotional force as well as its educational value.

So, thanks everyone, again. You helped me step back and look at it critically. I was really relaxed when I made my decision instead of my usual uptight self, and if I didn't have an outlet, I may not have made a good decision.

That's acceptable. I still have my reservations towards oncology.