✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

I don't know what to do with my life.

Brent

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Brent, going through the quarterlife crisis?

Med school doesn't need smart people as in smart smart. It's maybe more about persistence. :) Having the heart for it and really wanting to do it.

Reading that you already did a BSc and a MSc in the beta field, I shouldn't worry too much about not being smart enough for med school.

I want to be an artist. Being creative with colors, pictures, music, people, whatever. But it doesn't pay my bread so I applied for a PhD which subject I loved and got enrolled in the program. It doesn't make much money, but more than enough for me to live and do something with my hobby as well. I am being creative :) For me it's not about carreer and making loads of money, so I am happy with my life like this.

PhD positions don't pay usually in the US but in many countries in Europe they do. If you are willing to emigrate for it, you can think of doing a PhD in Holland or Germany. You'd have a carreer in science and would make enough money not only to support yourself but also your family. You'll write as well and get free courses in how to write (both scientific and novel).

I don't know if it's of any help :S Anyway, good luck with the struggle. :hug:

Your family will love you, whatever path you choose. You should do the same.

You guys are awesome. I feel a lot better.

I was actually offered a job for Monsanto today for when I graduate (I'm doing an internship there right now). Though they are evil, it's hard to turn down the money :freak:

I don't really like the work, though. It's a little drab.

You guys are awesome. I feel a lot better.

I was actually offered a job for Monsanto today for when I graduate (I'm doing an internship there right now). Though they are evil, it's hard to turn down the money :freak:

I don't really like the work, though. It's a little drab.

So will you take the job? I would do it, and save all the money, then leave. :nod:

^ That's EXACTLY what I was thinking. It's a generous offer so I might. HmmmmmMMmmmM

I hate talking about my problems so openly because I don't want to seem vain. So I'm sorry if this thread is self-serving or anything. :\

^ That's EXACTLY what I was thinking. It's a generous offer so I might. HmmmmmMMmmmM

I hate talking about my problems so openly because I don't want to seem vain. So I'm sorry if this thread is self-serving or anything. :\

Plus there's many things you can do with the money for school or for your family or anything.

You're not vain. And coldplayers are always willing to help!

I don't know you, but reading your posts around here, I would totally see you as a teacher (no matter if it's the University or high school) and like you said, your writting is good, and if you hate the science stuff, you just answered your own question!

You have to do what you love, I know money is a big deal, but after a couple of years, you will regret it if you do something you hate.

^cheesy I know but damn true.

Oh and you still can be a chemistry teacher or a biology teacher or I don't know, I'm just saying :p

Hello everyone. I'm bumping this because I just learned what to do!

It looks like I'm going to Washington University in St. Louis, to start class on June 25th. They offered me a salary and everything!

So, thank you guys for your advice. I'll also be working for a small publishing group on the weekends, editing fictional works and helping beginning writers. I think it's a great fit. Thanks so much for your advice. I don't think I would have gone for the latter if it wasn't for you guys. I feel truly humbled.

^OMG I'm so happy for you :awesome:

What will you be studying exactly ? I guess it's pretty much the same field, right ? :thinking:

Anyway, it's great that you found a way to do what you're interested in and still being able to continue your studies and work and earn money

:nice:

I am officially enrolled in their MD/PhD program in oncological research (cancer research). It's the most interesting field for me, so I am confident that it will work out!

I'll be able to write while I'm there (scientific papers), and while it's not fiction, it will keep my skills sharp for later in life.