✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

How early do you turn up to a Coldplay gig?

Taz1853

Hey, first post but massive fan since 2007, and a moderate fan since 2005 :)

I'll be seeing Coldplay for the first time in June at Manchester Ethiad Stadium. I have standing tickets because I want to be close to the band. So my question is, how many hours should I wait for? Do people turn up very early or what? I've already warned my friend and sister we're going early though :D

One of my concerns is toilet breaks. Standing for hours will inevitably cause anyone to need to toilet unless I go dehydrated but that's not too safe I wouldn't think hehe.

So anyway, thanks guys. Hope this isn't a difficult question :)

I don't know. I have no real experience with Stadiums. I went to the 02 but I had a seat.. I also went to the Little Noises, and some of the people I went with had been there since 7.30.. I got there at 10.. but with the stadiums I imagine there will be more people getting there early. Personally I'd get there as early as you can.

Hey, first post but massive fan since 2007, and a moderate fan since 2005 :)

I'll be seeing Coldplay for the first time in June at Manchester Ethiad Stadium. I have standing tickets because I want to be close to the band. So my question is, how many hours should I wait for? Do people turn up very early or what? I've already warned my friend and sister we're going early though :D

One of my concerns is toilet breaks. Standing for hours will inevitably cause anyone to need to toilet unless I go dehydrated but that's not too safe I wouldn't think hehe.

So anyway, thanks guys. Hope this isn't a difficult question :)

There are some people that i'm sure will be there super early to be in front of the stage. I've seen Coldplay GA several times and each time I got there around 10AM or so(for a show that started at 8PM) there was almost always people there. Using the bathroom is inevitable... so my best friend and I would take turns using it and the other would hold our place in line. It will be a long day for you but trust me, it is so worth it :P There is nothing like being that close to them.

Using the bathroom is inevitable... so my best friend and I would take turns using it and the other would hold our place in line. It will be a long day for you but trust me, it is so worth it :P There is nothing like being that close to them.
Yes, but once they open the gates you can't do that anymore, right? Do they give you advance notice when they plan to open the gates, so you can time the breaks appropriately?

Oh so you queue originally? I thought we'd straight be let in to the arena! Ah, all seems a bit easier now, so toilet breaks would be possible. That's good. We were aiming for 10AM anyway so you think if we queue then we'll be fine?

Hopefully this thread will be useful to others as I'm sure I'm not the only one in the same boat.

:)

Yes, but once they open the gates you can't do that anymore, right? Do they give you advance notice when they plan to open the gates, so you can time the breaks appropriately?

^Isn't is supposed to be written on the tickets ? :thinking:

I go to the Stade de France in Paris, and it's said on my tickets that they will open the gates at 6 PM. (The time probably changes between the gigs)

I don't have any experience with the stadiums in the UK, only US shows but generally, it is on the ticket what time doors open and I always check with security to double check. Once you are inside, I wouldn't advise you leave your spot to go use the bathroom lol my best friend did that once and she almost couldn't get back to her original spot.

Well me and My firend waited for Coldplay in 17 hours :DD we came to the festval at 3.30 at night :awesome: and nobody was there :awesome: we did like a numer system so it would be fair, we where the first ones we we wrote numer 1 on our hands and the next was 2 ,3 ,4,5,6,7, and so, it was really good and we was the first ones 8D we where in the front 8D :awesome: :dance:

June?! :inquisitive: And you're still here?! :\ Run, now! :o

You DO want Chris Martin's sweat dripping all over you? :thinking:

And toilet breaks?! How dare you... :phu:

On topic - never seen them live. Can't help you. :shame:

At the Ahoy gig my father and I turned up an hour before the doors opened. I wanted to go earlier, but my dad like (we had to travel 3 hours by train and metro to get there and he wanted to do some other stuff that day too).

Afterwards I was kinda glad we didn't go earlier, cause after half an hour it was raining and the wind was blowing pretty hard and I was really really cold. We still were standing at the 5th row. A pretty nice score for turning up not that early + visiting the garderobe and toilets before actually joining the crowd.

I think you should turn up very early in the morning, like 7-10 AM (than you're definitely standing front row and you can hang with other hardcore fans) OR one/two hours before the doors open. Don't think anything in between is really worth it...

edit: Oh, the show was on a Saturday. So maybe it would have been less crowded if it wasn't and then we would have been standing closer to the stage...

Last time they played here I arrived at 6.20 am and there were around 200 people already, same in 2009 as people started queuing from the evening before (but that day I arrived at 8 am).

But since you're not seeing them in Italy you should be fine with early in the morning, this if you want the front row :wink:

How early do you turn up to a Coldplay gig?

the earliest i arrived at the show (scheduled for 9pm) was at :cough: cough: 6 am (not even) :cough:

and there were still 4 people ahead of me .. but you know what was the worst thing, I missed the wristband activation part, cause i had bad timing for toilet break :D now that´s what i call ¨Misluck¨, no it´s¨No Luck at all¨:D

I think you should turn up very early in the morning, like 7-10 AM (than you're definitely standing front row and you can hang with other hardcore fans) OR one/two hours before the doors open. Don't think anything in between is really worth it...

I second that. that´s good reasoning , THOUGH 10am is already late, i think even 8 and 9 for first row - though you can get pretty good spot