✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Scars and Stories

I know this isn't really Coldplay related. But I know that every Coldplay fan should like The Fray as well (Not as much as Coldplay of course). Has anyone else preordered Scars and Stories? I'm really excited about it and I'm getting the limited edition release signed by the band, too. It should go well with my ETIAW 7 inch signed by Jonny.

I do like the Fray! :D

And I had NO IDEA that they were coming out with a new album! Time to go check on the news! :escaping:

PS: This thread might belong in the "World of Music" section. I'm pretty sure this band has it's own separate thread somewhere in there..... ;)

Yeah here's the wiki link

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scars_%26_Stories

People have posted concert videos on YouTube. I watched some of them and they were really good

They're good, except Perfect Symmetry and the Night Train EP. They're awful. I was so pissed off :angry:

But H&F and UTIS are really great.

Not to derail the original topic of this thread and turn it into a conversation about another band but I could not agree more.

H&F and UTIS are really something special with UTIS being my personal favorite. Perfect Symmetry I can tolerate and there are even parts that I genuinely enjoy. Night Train though...

Still, I have very high hopes for the new album.

• 2 weeks later...
Even when I was a Coldplay fan I didn't like The Fray.

What do you mean "Was a Coldplay fan"? And if you're judging the JUST off the album How to Save a Life then you need to go listen to some more stuff. I didn't like the Fray that much in 2005 either because most of How to Save a Life was pretty dull. But their self-titled album is amazing! Absolute, Never say Never, Enough for Now, or We Build Then We Break. Listen to any of those songs and I almost guarantee you'll change your mind!

Just the title "Scars and Stories" makes me dismiss the album. The single...whatever it was called..."Heartbeat" I think...it just like the stuff on the last two. It's boring and repetitive. Most critics agree, it's pop poop. They bring absolutely nothing new to the table.

And that TITLE. Ugh. So cliché.

When I think of The Fray I think of a band that little 12-year-old girls buy up albums of and be like "OMG THIS IS SO AMAZING ITS GETTING ME THROUGH MIDDLE SKEWL CUZ I PHEEL LEIK PICKD ON LOL NO1 UNDERSTANDZ ME" when in actuality it's the sound of a band desperately trying to conform for more airplay. They want to write the next Drops of Jupiter soooo badly

Even when I was a Coldplay fan I didn't like The Fray.

Same.

Whereas Keane was a guilty pleasure band of mine when it comes to piano pop-rock, The Fray has always driven me up the wall. Both are labeled as "whiny pop-rock", but at least Keane's first two albums had some great melodies more akin to Travis campy-ness than outright sap sentiment like The Fray. I got their first album when it came out and it was all very middling, even when you drop all the obnoxious singles. Then I tried listening to the second album to give them another chance, but it was even worse than the first.

I honestly had no idea these guys had a 3rd album coming out, and I truly do not care.

What do you mean "Was a Coldplay fan"?

Not everyone here is still a Coldplay fan. ;)