✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Coldplay lost in fame

LoryABjerre

sadly I wondered in that year we lost Coldplay in the fame.

I have not seen the spontaneity, the simplicity of this period, it was so cool

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGgLdnC3smE&feature=related]Coldplay - Full Concert live from Manchester Arena 2002 - YouTube[/ame]

They're just following a common commercial career arc. When that video was made they were only truly big in the UK and some (but not all) parts of Europe. Depending on your perspective, a band at that level can be more enjoyable (like seeing U2 during the War Tour as opposed to seeing them today.), but I'm not sure it says anything about the band's state of mind, only the state of their career.

• 2 weeks later...

Do we really want our favorite bands to do the same music over and over again? If you had a favorite artist, would you want them to paint the same picture over and over? I do get tired of the people who say they've sold out. They're just popular! If they weren't popular, their record label would drop them, and we as the fans would have a difficult time seeing them play or hearing their music. Geez.

I think that they are getting more diverse and more colorful. Imagine if Coldplay stayed in AROBTTH era. So, thats 5 albums sounding exactly the same. People would get bored. I think that what is extremely commendable, is how they can fit into any genre and make it work. They went from indie, to alternative and pop and rock etc.

So, after 14 years, we would have exactly the same concerts and same kind of songs and stuff. I think that they're actually progressing. They're doing things that they havent done. It keeps it interesting for themselves and the fans.

I dont think they're lost in fame at all. :)

Chris' voice changed so much after he had surgery on his throat. It used to be much more raw and deep.

That explains the difference between his voice in AROBTTH and X&Y, etc. I always wondered why the drastic change.

Chris' voice changed so much after he had surgery on his throat. It used to be much more raw and deep.

That's just a rumor, it's not confirmed that he ever actually had surgery (at least to my knowledge.) Personally, I think any difference in his vocals is probably mostly due to the fact that his current performance style doesn't provide him with good breath support.:\

Really? IMO, it got more deep and lower. I love the way he sounds at the moment.

I think his voice just matured, it's got nothing to do with surgery. Maybe it's because you know him so well that it seems like a drastic change, but I know for sure that any voice changes over the years. With men, I usually like them best when they're 30-45.

But that's just me. :shrug:

I bet you googled that. :P

No, I already knew :P

I had a lump on my wrist a couple of years ago and that was a cyst. The doctor who operated on me told me what the difference is between a cyst and a tumour :)