✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

THE MAN is druggin' me up man

Brent

They put me on sleeping pills. Am I going to die like Heath Ledger?

Seriously it's freaking me out

Is anyone else on these things?

Well technically they put me on them like 2 months ago, but I didn't use them and I went to the doctor today and he said that I'm still stressed. He asked me if I had been taking my pillz and I was like lolno. He said that I need to take them, and I have to go back to him in two weeks, and he'll know if I didn't take them.

I don't wanna ugh

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey! I´m 14 years old and not a med student!

Anyways, I keep seeing in the news and I investigate on the internet that sleeping pills are BAD. And we should only sleep if we want to, apparently over sleeping is bad. And you need to go to a shrink to fix the problem fo realz.

But again, i´m 14 what do i know?

Sleeping pills are sedatives that depress the central nervous system of the human body. This results in tranquility, relaxation, less anxiety, sleepiness, slowed breathing, slurred speaking, staggering gait, poor judgment and slow, uncertain reflexes. They are also called downers, tranquillizers, depressants, anxiolytics, soporifics or sedative hypnotics.

Most sleeping pills are usually prescribed for patients with anxiety problems. However, those described as sedatives are also used to help people sleep. Long term use of sleeping pills is discouraged as they are addictive and could be dangerous to the health of the patient.

Anxiety disorders are a type of mental illness which can be cured with psychiatry, atleast naturally and with recent studies it can cure it permanently.

is what i was basically trying to say but lol

High doses -> respiratory depression.

But that actually takes a lot. If there's nothing wrong with your lungs/CNS then you're ok.

You seem to know a lot about these things

Aren't there different types of sedatives? Like, one is a cyclical benzene-based and the other is like an antidepressant. But I don't know which one is worse or better for me. I want whichever one makes me die less.

And i had like a really light, mild case of asthma as a little kid but I'm pretty sure it's gone forever :uhoh:

I want to vote no that you'll be a robotic drone, because I think most people don't need these kind of drugs, but I don't know enough about you, whether you need them or not, for some people it helps temporarily.

A lot of people think NO! Those drugs are no different then methadone! For some people it works, like getting back into a regular sleeping pattern, which can make a huge difference.

I'm only on this one. Well, I'm not really on it, but I have the prescription. You know.

I take over-the-counter Claritin D for my fucking pollen allergies that consume my life this time of year.

I wrote that reply without even thinking, Brent, if you've been studying medicine for 3 years, why are you asking a bunch of Lounge randomers about whether or not it's a good idea to take prescription drugs?

I wrote that reply without even thinking, Brent, if you've been studying medicine for 3 years, why are you asking a bunch of Lounge randomers about whether or not it's a good idea to take prescription drugs?

I'm asking if people have experience with it. I only know about cancer and microbiology not this crap. I don't know the implications of taking it. Or if I'll fall into a dependence of it or something.

Like, I know how it works but that doesn't tell me anything about whether I'll get all jacked up and sleepwalk and stab a bunch or people, or go on an eating binge, or something

Because you asked what other drugs I was on.

And I said none but then I realized it was another opportunity to bitch about my congested nose, dry eyes and general misery, which naturally I'll jump on.