✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

THE MAN is druggin' me up man

Brent

Brent, after reading through all of your comments it seems like your starting point should be to get a different doctor. It sounds like you really dislike the dude; you shouldn't feel so uncomfortable with your PCP (assuming that's what he is). Making you better should be a team effort. It's not like he can stop you from going to a different doctor.

As far as how to find another doctor that would be a good match for you, I'm not sure what would be the best method to go about doing that. Maybe if you know someone in the health care field, ask them who they would feel comfortable with having as their PCP (or for referring their relatives to).

I'm skeptical of all doctors. Always have been.

And I was planning on switching because I'm moving in like a couple months anyway and I'll quite happily leave the bloodied head of a murdered moose in his bed the second I leave because yes, I do hate going to him because he's the worst person ever.

You're right, it should be a "team" effort. I never thought of it that way. Unfortunately, the team-building part is shattered when one of the members can make money by force-feeding me pills the size of wagon wheels.

Brent I give to you, chocolate to motivate in your life ?

more in the spring people are tired

rochers.jpg

Thanks Lory you always know how to cheer me up :nice:

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Brent, after reading through all of your comments it seems like your starting point should be to get a different doctor. It sounds like you really dislike the dude; you shouldn't feel so uncomfortable with your PCP (assuming that's what he is). Making you better should be a team effort. It's not like he can stop you from going to a different doctor.

As far as how to find another doctor that would be a good match for you, I'm not sure what would be the best method to go about doing that. Maybe if you know someone in the health care field, ask them who they would feel comfortable with having as their PCP (or for referring their relatives to).

I agree with you on this.

The dude sounds like a complete dick.

I wrote that reply without even thinking, Brent, if you've been studying medicine for 3 years, why are you asking a bunch of Lounge randomers about whether or not it's a good idea to take prescription drugs?

These are exactly my thoughts. :\

These are exactly my thoughts. :\

Just because I'm a medical student doesn't mean I know everything. I know how this stuff works, but I don't know how it feels. It's much different.

I'm not going to pretend that there's not a lot of stuff I don't know. I'm not going to be a medical student on his fucking high horse pretending to know everything: Theres a reason doctors still need doctors. I dont know how a condition or a drug feels that i havent experienced. And knowing how it manipulates my neurotransmitters or how it interacts with my stomach acid doesn't mean shit. If you stay humble you learn the most.

I don't know the social implications of taking said drugs and I don't know the addictive nature of them. Most doctors dont. I just know what makes them tick: Which is a tiny pixel of the big picture. A lot of doctors I think don't realize this, and I'd like to be one that has figured out that patients are people too. And that they know more about their condition than I do.

A lot of the doctors I've seen have completely disregarded the things I've told them regarding medication or what I'm feeling, so it's refreshing to see a 3-year medical student still concerned with the effects of medications. I think some doctors and med students might lose concern along the way.

I'm not going to pretend that there's not a lot of stuff I don't know. I'm not going to be a medical student on his fucking high horse pretending to know everything: Theres a reason doctors still need doctors. I dont know how a condition or a drug feels that i havent experienced. And knowing how it manipulates my neurotransmitters or how it interacts with my stomach acid doesn't mean shit. If you stay humble you learn the most.

Huh