✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

5-10-15-20

Cheese Nip 2

So they do this on Pitchfork a lot. Pretty much all you gotta do is say what you were listening to at age 5, 10, 15, 20, etc. Guess we could end by saying what we're listening to at the moment.

I'll start

5: Johnny Cash, Hank Williams, Frank Sinatra, Dean Martin, The Clancy Brothers, stuff we had on cassette mostly

10: The Beatles, The Rolling Stones, The Kinks, and all manner of British Invasion bands, Bob Dylan

15: Coldplay, Oasis, The Doors, The Who, Arctic Monkeys, The Clash

Now: Listening to a lot of britpop era stuff like Blur and The Verve, and a lot of mod revival and 80s/90s rock (Stone Roses, The Cure, Psychedelic Furs) and dancable rock (Arctic Monkeys and Franz Ferdinand style)

5: Also the stuff that where on vinyl and cassette in my house. From my sister, Madonna and Erasure. From my parents The Beatles, Pink Floyd, Led Zeppelin, Deep Purple, Black Sabbath... I remember waking up saturday morning with this:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=akt3awj_Ah8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=akt3awj_Ah8[/ame]

But my favourite was Topo Gigio. :lol:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5AFasYNOifk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5AFasYNOifk[/ame]

10: I started to listen to Bruce Springsteen, Rod Stewart, Aerosmith, Queen and The Doors.

15: At 13, it was all Oasis for several years.

20: I started with Jethro Tull. I was obsessed with them.

25: Jethro Tull, Oasis and Coldplay.

Now: The Black Keys, Oasis, Coldplay, Pink Floyd, Jethro Tull, Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds, Fran Healy...

• 1 month later...

5- Country stuff my aunties always played. Garth Brooks, Mark Chesnutt, ridiculous stuff. haha

10- Spice Girls, N*SYNC, BSB, Jewel, Christina Aguleria... you know, the good stuff.

15- 50 CENT, SouthPark Mexican, Eminem, Dr. Dre...uhhhh. ha.

20- Coldplay, Emery, Haste The Day, Project 86, Death Cab For Cutie, Copeland, a lot of pop punk, hardcore, emo/screamo...this is where my musical taste really began to develop I would say... around 17 or so. I would listen to hardcore on minute and the next minute be crying to "Fix You". Funny, huh?

NOW! COLDPLAY. So much Coldplay, Of monsters and men, mewithoutyou, bon iver, Matt Gilman, Lydia, Copeland, Sleeping At Last, Miike Snow... literally every type of music. Since the age of about 17 or so, I began to LOVE music and now I have music on always. Always. People think I'm crazy.

5 - uuuh I remember listening to 2be3 ( a French boysband), Spice girls, and the song Macarena :|

10 - Different artists/band, mostly pop though. I wasn't into music that much.

15 - Lots of different stuff: whether it'd be Queen, Mika, Coldplay, The Kooks, Weezer, The Beatles, The Rolling Stones, and tons and tons of different artists. I didn't stick to one in particular, except when I had my first Coldplay phase. :awesome: (VLV/Lovers in Japan, and then A message/Fix you when I was 15/16).

17 - COLDPLAY :awesome: And still different bands or artists. I'd say I'm more into pop/rock, but I listen to various things.

5 - AVRIL LAVIGNE, Robbie Williams, some Croatian boy-bands that really suck, and songs that I'd hear on the radio

10 - Blasting RHCP with my mother in car, Jonas Brothers :shame:

15/now - RADIOHEAD, Arcade Fire and a whole bunch of indie/experimental/electronic artists :wacky:

5 - Aaron Carter, *NSYNC, Backstreet Boys, A*Teens, just a lot of bubblegum pop... -_-

10 - Maroon 5, Britney Spears, Jason Mraz, other popular songs of that time...

15 - Paramore, Sara Bareilles, Regina Spektor, Jason Mraz, Natasha Bedingfield, Lily Allen, Shakira, etc.

17 (now) - Coldplay, Foster The People, Sara Bareilles, Rihanna, The Script... anything that comes up on Pandora

I'm guilty for being a pop child, but I'm slowly trying to break from that...

5 - Smurf hits (I had every cassette :P), Enrique Iglesias, Tatu (hahaha).

10 - Avril Lavigne, Kelly Clarkson, Vanilla Ninja, Evanescence and polish "rock" bands and one hip hop song.

15 - Green Day, Coldplay, Beirut, Nirvana, Oasis, Nickelback, U2.

Now: Almost the same as when I was 15, more new bands, but similar.

5: some Turkish pop artists/bands

10: some Turkish pop artists,britney spears,jennifer lopez..

15: simple plan,avril lavigne, green day, my chemical romance, sex pistols,rammstein,metallica,muse and some punk bands that i cant remember their names :uhoh: (i hated coldplay in these times :D )

20-coldplay, radiohead, travis, rem, bon iver, florence and the machine, mew, mumford and sons,kings of convenience...

5: ABBA. Whatever my parents were playing.

10: a lot of Disco. Bee Gees, Donna Summer and so on.

15: Elbow, The National, Arcade Fire, Bon Iver, Radiohead+

Now: A lot of the same as when I was 15, plus so much more.

Haha sort of like this, when I was younger I really liked 60´s pop, disco, folk etc.

But from around 11 and 12 I liked Hannah Montana and Avril Lavigne because this one friend looked at me weird when I said that I like music from the 70´s :sad: So I wanted to be COOL.

And now at the age of 15, um pretty much everything if its good.

5: What my parents listened to + Art Of Noise

10: David Bowie, Pink Floyd, Led Zeppelin, Bruce Springsteen and............. Robbie Williams :|

15 (now): Brian Eno, Radiohead, Coldplay, Sigur Ros, Snow Patrol, Keane, MGMT, what I used to listen when I was 10 (except for Robbie Williams :P) and many other alt rock and electronic stuff

• 2 weeks later...

Seeing everyone stop at 15 makes me feel so old. :disappointed:

Alright. Here we go.

5: Whatever Mom had on the stereo in the car. She would either have it on the oldies station that we had at the time (It moved around several stations throughout the years and eventually became defunct. :sad: ) or put in one of her casettes, which consisted of this Swedish singer called Evie who sang Christian music. It was more often than not the oldies station, though, I think. I sometimes surprise myself with how much I remember from that time when I hear an oldie that I used to love. It gives me a certain nostalgic feeling.

10: Classical music and Mannheim Steamroller, which is a great new age group mostly known for their rendition of Christmas tunes. I still listen to a lot of this, but during this time, it was quite literally all I listened to, especially when I was in alone in my room.

15: I started getting into the popular music station we have in my town (which has since degraded drastically in the quality of music it plays), as well as get records from my friends. I also watched a lot of music videos from Fuse during this time (before it went the same route that MTV did and became less and less about music). I have still retained my liking for bands like Maroon 5 and My Chemical Romance, but most of it I have since abandoned, and I'm kinda embarrassed to mention some of the bands I thought were cool back then.

20: By this time, I've started to get a lot of influence from this forum and started to broaden my horizons a bit. Radiohead, The National, Owen Pallett, Arcade Fire, stuff like that.

Now, it's like the 20 era, plus so much more that I never even expected to find. It's remarkable, really.

• 4 years later...

Let's start this thread up again.

5: I played Rock Band 2 a lot on drums. I was into hard rock/heavy metal that kinda thing. Like Metallica, Avenged Sevenfold, etc. I liked some of not as hard stuff like Nirvana as well since a lot of that was on there. I was not into soft music atttt all (since I wanted songs to be challenging to play lol). I did like Adams Song and Viva la Vida I guess, so I did appreciate some slow songs if I didn't have to play them on Rock Band 2 :P

10: A little bit of the stuff I was interested in before, but I was one of those kids listening to the radio all the time, not paying too much attention to anything else... I was more familiar with pop music at this time, but still like those old school kinda songs. Started to take a liking to slower songs as well.

I'm not even 15 yet so I can't say the rest yet... the real story begins when I really got into getting my own music around a year and a half ago. :D