✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

What do you study

Coldplay

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A big long answer here for Dee, and well you'll decide in which category my case fits.

I Studied Tourism cause was the only chance i had left back at the time after following some people advice, which clearly i shouldn't had trust, anyways i was only interested in the languages -even when i kept taking the classic duo, English and French instead of German- and arts/history in it. It gave me the chance of living abroad for a year and learn a new language, Portuguese. So not that bad after all, plus gave me a better view on Marketing, Law and Economics. A lot of unexpected crap went on my life back then which lost me a bit, so took me more than expected to finish the degree. I considered back then to had taken a Master in Literature after that, but since the university system is changing that option is extinct now.

Then as i originally wanted to study Philology -since seems is a must here to be a writer and i always wanted to be one, traditionally called Filosofía y Letras (Philosophy and Literature) but now is divided- i started Spanish Language and Literature -taking German- this year, under the new system, just because i didn't want to be 50 and wonder all my life how things would had been if i had studied what i really wanted to and let it lead me to where i wanted to be in the future time, so in a way i feel all newbie or like living a second time, like the confusing bubble where i was has finally gone, although there's many things i forgot due to lack of practice since i finished high school but i'm very happy in doing what i really want, feeling freer and more focused than before, taking part in some literary events in the city, taking creative writing courses and reading a lot more. I'm strongly considering going again abroad through a student exchange programme to Poland most surely, since i'm pretty interested in Central Europe lately and why not to learn one more language but we will see because i'm sure i want to Doctorate in Literature in the near future.

Major is called international information management, minors are psychology (which I finished a month ago, woo) and business studies (which I detest, at least the way it is taught at my university).

engineering

Engineering

Engineering

:thumbsup:

A big long answer here for Dee, and well you'll decide in which category my case fits.

I Studied Tourism cause was the only chance i had left back at the time after following some people advice, which clearly i shouldn't had trust, anyways i was only interested in the languages -even when i kept taking the classic duo, English and French instead of German- and arts/history in it. It gave me the chance of living abroad for a year and learn a new language, Portuguese. So not that bad after all, plus gave me a better view on Marketing, Law and Economics. A lot of unexpected crap went on my life back then which lost me a bit, so took me more than expected to finish the degree. I considered back then to had taken a Master in Literature after that, but since the university system is changing that option is extinct now.

Then as i originally wanted to study Philology -since seems is a must here to be a writer and i always wanted to be one, traditionally called Filosofía y Letras (Philosophy and Literature) but now is divided- i started Spanish Language and Literature -taking German- this year, under the new system, just because i didn't want to be 50 and wonder all my life how things would had been if i had studied what i really wanted to and let it lead me to where i wanted to be in the future time, so in a way i feel all newbie or like living a second time, like the confusing bubble where i was has finally gone, although there's many things i forgot due to lack of practice since i finished high school but i'm very happy in doing what i really want, feeling freer and more focused than before, taking part in some literary events in the city, taking creative writing courses and reading a lot more. I'm strongly considering going again abroad through a student exchange programme to Poland most surely, since i'm pretty interested in Central Europe lately and why not to learn one more language but we will see because i'm sure i want to Doctorate in Literature in the near future.

:confused: Woah

...you want me to categorize you?

Foreign languages/international relations, I guess

lolwat, I go 13 hrs a day and add to that the hours I have to spend studying + doing papers. Don't be lazy.

To be honest, I'm more concerned about the difficulty of the subject than the ammount of the study itself. I study a lot and I have very good marks but I'm still not sure about it

Your question shouldn't be "how hard will it be" or "how much studying will I have to do" (unless you have a full-time job currently, and I'm pretty sure you don't)

it should be "will this make me happy?" and "can I see myself doing this?"

I was an architecture major but then I switched it to "Architectural studies"

no idea where I'm going with that.

Ivet! I haven't seen you in forever! :dazzled:

That's what you're in college for, to explore everything and to find out if some small hobby as a child or some class you barely passed in high school could develop into something great that you want to do as a career.

But if you like it, go for it! Seriously. :wacky:

I wanted to be an architect once because I loved making houses in The Sims

But then I took a drafting class. omg

Not like The Sims at all.

I was too dumb to even make the houses, I would just take the default ones and furnish them.