✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

[13-Nov-2012] Coldplay @ Etihad Stadium, Melbourne, Australia

UK band Coldplay take to Etihad stage

BRITISH band Coldplay will perform at Etihad Stadium on November 13, ending months of speculation about the million-sellers' return to Melbourne.

Tickets, which start at $99, go on sale May 25 at 9am from Ticketmaster.

link

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thecpoz.jpg

Australia and NZ tour announced

12 May 2012 10:00 pm

The band will play four stadium shows in November

news_line.png

Good evening (or good morning as it is down under). We're very pleased to announce that Coldplay are taking the Mylo Xyloto world tour to Australasia for a run of stadium shows in November, when the band will play in Auckland, Melbourne, Sydney and Brisbane.

Said Chris Martin: “We can't wait to get back to Australia and New Zealand this November. They're such special places for us. These venues are pretty huge, the Aussie and New Zealand crowds are always incredible and we'll be bringing everything we've got. It's going to be big."

Support at the shows will come from The Temper Trap and The Pierces.

Advance tickets will be available to all Visa Credit, Debit and Prepaid cardholders from 12noon (local time) in Sydney and 1.00pm (local time) in Brisbane, this Thursday, 17 May, 2012 until 5.00pm (local time), Saturday, 19 May, 2012 or until presale tickets sell out at

http://www.visaentertainment.com.au.

TOUR DATES

Saturday, 10 November, 2012

Mt Smart Stadium, Auckland

Tickets on sale from 9.00am (local time), Friday, 25 May, 2012

http://www.ticketmaster.co.nz

Tuesday, 13 November, 2012

Etihad Stadium, Melbourne

http://www.ticketmaster.com.au or 136 100

Saturday, 17 November, 2012

Allianz Stadium, Sydney

http://www.ticketek.com.au or 132 849

Wednesday, 21 November, 2012

Suncorp Stadium, Brisbane

Tickets on sale from 10.00am (local time), Friday, 25 May, 2012

http://www.ticketek.com.au or 132 849

Ticketmaster info:

Onsale to General Public

Start: Fri 25/05/12, 09:00 Local Time

My Ticketmaster Presale

Start: Mon 21/05/12, 14:00 Local Time

End: Tue 22/05/12, 14:00 Local Time

Price Range: AU $99.00 - AU $149.00

link

I can't wait till November!!

Just a couple of hours ago I heard that Coldplay will be touring Melbourne, in November 2012!!! I can't wait until then now!! XD

I'm really excited!!!

Can anyone tell me their experiences at a Coldplay tour?

I'm so excited because I live in Melbourne :D

i hope they dont have seats in the mosh :S like i want it to be like a proper mosh, plus the xylobands will look better without the gaps! cant wait, it will be my first coldplay concert as i missed out on viva and was too young for twisted logic :P hahah really really want to go !

Ticketmaster info:

Onsale to General Public

Start: Fri 25/05/12, 09:00 Local Time

My Ticketmaster Presale

Start: Mon 21/05/12, 14:00 Local Time

End: Tue 22/05/12, 14:00 Local Time

Price Range: AU $99.00 - AU $149.00

link

does anyone know much about the My Ticketmaster Presale?? Do you just have to be registered on the site?

does anyone know much about the My Ticketmaster Presale?? Do you just have to be registered on the site?

Yes you do. All you have to do is register with My Ticketmaster and you'll get an email around the presale date saying that you can get early tickets :D I'm already a member so I'll for sure be doing it :D

I'm really humming and hahing about this honestly

If I went I would like to be able to have a good view of what's going on. But looking at the map on Ticketmaster, all the seats with a decent view are gold tickets... $150... money I don't particularly have.

Arena B Standing as far as I know is $100, but am I willing to put up with the different view, and everyone cramming to get up near the front of that section? That I can't really decide

Plus adding the fact that I don't really like a lot of the songs off MX that they'd probably be playing

But I feel bad if I don't go, I do like Coldplay anyway and would love to go regardless. I'm worried I might regret this. Though I do really prefer the more intimate arena shows... very difficult choice

I think you should go. You won't regret that. Even if you aren't so big on some of the newer songs -- you know the boys put on an incredible show.

If you're hesitating because of the price, then I really don't think you can go wrong with seats in the silver sections. It's still going to sound great, you'll have those massive screens to watch, and you'll really get to enjoy the light show -- not a bad deal, at all. Go for the cheaper tickets, man. :)

(That being said, I'm even starting to second-guess going GA for a couple of these Australasian shows -- I'll be seated in Sydney and NZ, but these stadium gigs have me concerned that because they are so huge, being on the ground might not be the best thing view-wise. Even if you make it close to the front. I love the atmosphere of GA, and I want to be standing; I just don't want some grumpy bitch behind me telling me I need to sit down. Ugh, shit. I feel like I went through this last time and I ended up swearing I'd never sit again. I really wish they stuck to playing the arenas -- I know how to work them, at least).

I'll be flying over for the show with a friend. So excited!

Still tossing up whether to go GA or seats. Probably going to go with seats standing in line for hours is just too much of a hassle.

I'll be flying over for the show with a friend. So excited!

Still tossing up whether to go GA or seats. Probably going to go with seats standing in line for hours is just too much of a hassle.

Yeah, I reckon if you're flying over from Adelaide it's worth getting seating so you can see the whole show :) Will you be buying them at the presale on Monday?

I'm really humming and hahing about this honestly

If I went I would like to be able to have a good view of what's going on. But looking at the map on Ticketmaster, all the seats with a decent view are gold tickets... $150... money I don't particularly have.

Arena B Standing as far as I know is $100, but am I willing to put up with the different view, and everyone cramming to get up near the front of that section? That I can't really decide

Plus adding the fact that I don't really like a lot of the songs off MX that they'd probably be playing

But I feel bad if I don't go, I do like Coldplay anyway and would love to go regardless. I'm worried I might regret this. Though I do really prefer the more intimate arena shows... very difficult choice

I think you should go. You won't regret that. Even if you aren't so big on some of the newer songs -- you know the boys put on an incredible show.

If you're hesitating because of the price, then I really don't think you can go wrong with seats in the silver sections. It's still going to sound great, you'll have those massive screens to watch, and you'll really get to enjoy the light show -- not a bad deal, at all. Go for the cheaper tickets, man. :)

(That being said, I'm even starting to second-guess going GA for a couple of these Australasian shows -- I'll be seated in Sydney and NZ, but these stadium gigs have me concerned that because they are so huge, being on the ground might not be the best thing view-wise. Even if you make it close to the front. I love the atmosphere of GA, and I want to be standing; I just don't want some grumpy bitch behind me telling me I need to sit down. Ugh, shit. I feel like I went through this last time and I ended up swearing I'd never sit again. I really wish they stuck to playing the arenas -- I know how to work them, at least).

I agree. I think if you're unsure if you should go (and the tickets are quite expensive for GA) it'd be worth getting Silver Reserve. I mean, you could get field B standing but you probably would have to line up from really early to get anywhere close to the front.

And I also think you'd really regret it if you don't go. And they do put on an awesome show :)

Yeah, I reckon if you're flying over from Adelaide it's worth getting seating so you can see the whole show :) Will you be buying them at the presale on Monday?

That's what I figured as well. And we won't be stuck lining up for hours to get a good spot in GA so we can kinda have the day free. Just deciding on gold or silver reserve. Looking at the seating chart I think gold is gonna be the go.

Yes I will be!

That's what I figured as well. And we won't be stuck lining up for hours to get a good spot in GA so we can kinda have the day free. Just deciding on gold or silver reserve. Looking at the seating chart I think gold is gonna be the go.

Yes I will be!

I reckon do Gold! They'll be the better view! Personally I'll be going GA, Field A, right in front of the stage! :D I'm so excited, I'm going to camp out all day to get barrier. Anybody else game?? :)